WE HK416C GBBR out now

hitmanNo2

Wonder what the accuracy is like on this thing? Not much of a problem (replacement rubber) if it isn't, but it would be nice if you could make it accurate ootb (with adjusting the hop-up).

Got to admit, I've been looking at the VFC version of this too. If the parts needed to make either skirmishable, amount to the same price, I'll get the WE, as the VFC is more expensive (when buying the 416c, not including parts needed -if any parts are needed- to make it skirmishable).

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to admit, I've been looking at the VFC version of this too. If the parts needed to make either skirmishable, amount to the same price, I'll get the WE, as the VFC is more expensive (when buying the 416c, not including parts needed -if any parts are needed- to make it skirmishable).

As usual with all things VFC, you'll be wanting to talk to nugentgl, who already owns one that was originally a G&P custom. There is more to it than cost, though; the VFC is undeniably a much nicer gun to hold, but the internal parts need considerable attention.

I'm not sure I agree, while VFC AR style platforms (or any of their GBBRs for that matter), can be made to work well enough to be called skirmishable, even at peak performance I can't see them doing better than an average performing WE AR style GBBR, the WE gas system is just designed more efficient, so in that sense, even if you iron out all the VFC type issues, you're still left with something that isn't by default as performing as the WE's version. But the VFC surely would look much better.

I really want this as it would be nice just to have a pool of mags that function in a variety of platforms , MSK, L85, etc! but WE corner cutting is not endearing as I've been burnt in the past by them.

gonna give it a few months let someone else Guinea pig it.

I'm not sure I agree [...] the WE gas system is just designed more efficient, so [...] you're still left with something that isn't by default as performing as the WE's version. But the VFC surely would look much better.

I think we agree - I'm not saying the VFC performs better than the WE, just that it looks a lot better feels a lot better made, which is probably is; it's just a shame that the specification and design VFC are carefully making their guns to, and the materials they're making the internals of, are so dreadful...

I really want this as it would be nice just to have a pool of mags that function in a variety of platforms , MSK, L85, etc! but WE corner cutting is not endearing as I've been burnt in the past by them.

gonna give it a few months let someone else Guinea pig it.

Why wait? The only thing different about this to the WE M4 and HK416 is a shorter buffer spring/cap/tube. Everything else is as on the WE M4/HK416

Between this and the VFC, I'll go with the WE. VFC guns tend to need major, major, major, major, major (did I say major yet?) work to get them to at least fire a couple of rounds without themselves. Getting them to skirmishable status? Be prepared to not use the gun for a while as you track down the parts needed to make it work. At least WE guns shoot for a couple of thousand rounds before breaking. 

Between this and the VFC, I'll go with the WE. VFC guns tend to need major, major, major, major, major (did I say major yet?) work to get them to at least fire a couple of rounds without ###### themselves. Getting them to skirmishable status? Be prepared to not use the gun for a while as you track down the parts needed to make it work. At least WE guns shoot for a couple of thousand rounds before breaking. 

I don't mean to morph this thread further into a GBB face-off (maybe I do a little), but how does GHK stack up here?

I don't mean to morph this thread further into a GBB face-off (maybe I do a little), but how does GHK stack up here?

You buy one, you put gas and ammo in it, and then you shoot things for a very long time. Bar the odd lemon, the G5 and they're AK's are pretty much good to go out the box.

You buy one, you put gas and ammo in it, and then you shoot things for a very long time. Bar the odd lemon, the G5 and they're AK's are pretty much good to go out the box.

What he said. I would buy the GHK AK, then I saw the price, then I turned around and bought two WE guns instead.

In my experience, GHK is the boss when it comes to performance.. it shrugs off cooldown. (G5 + AK series, hopefully the upcoming AR series too)

Long time WE AR / SCAR user, now also own a VFC M4 and a G5.

GHK guns ( including AKs I handled owned by other guys ) don't give *suitcage*, they just shoot.

VFC ARs, I feel like doing R&D for VFC, but TBH they're skirmishable if given enough attention, yet still break at RANDOM times.

I suspect they have some very very minor tolerance issues causing stress at weird places, so the parts just break randomly. To name one I would say tooooo many versions / variation in parts.

WE OB rifles are GTG, but still need some attention, like bolt over-travelling in early batch OB SCARs. And as ANY GBBs, WE mags are especially sensitive to be charged "too full".

Please continue discussing the GHK AKs

Probably too off topic for this thread, but I'm going to do it anyway. There isn't that much to discuss, guess that's why we don't hear about it often. They kinda just work while looking great, and if things do break, and they can do, such as the nozzle, or trouble with feeding at the chamber which requires a tiny bit of sanding IF you get the issue, Samoon has a full list of parts that are almost always in stock. I own 3 now, the AKS74U, a customized Travis Haley style AK (based on AK105), and a AMD65 based on the AKM (currently with Bunnyairsoft)... 

I was thinking of getting one myself, just cant bring myself to buy an AK lol. Heard nothing but good things, like the GHK G5s which I may well still buy instead of the WE MP5 - I want an A3 and not seen any news!!!

I do like WE churning out new guns every few months but they really should make the more different. Why the hell they havnt done a SCAR H by now is beyond me, 80% of the work is already done! Or more bullpups I mean they did kind of mention an AUG 3 - 4 years back but seen zilch from that. The P90 got *suitcase* canned by cyberassholes.

That said the 416 is one of my favourite rifles when left bog standard with an EOTech :)

Please continue discussing the GHK AKs I want a 2013 74M, but there are next to zero people talking about GHK AKs ANYWHERE.

I plan on running it until it breaks and then RATting it.

Anyone have stories, issues, anything?

one of my best friends got one last year and its been an absolute nightmare, double feeds, it destroyed its hopup in the first round of the first game he played, we replaced it and it broke the nozzle, replaced the nozzle and it broke the NEW hopup chamber... and it just doesnt seem to hop consistently

my G5 has had a few gremlins, and then was broken into itty bitty bits by my fail sling, but I would still recommend it, its pretty fantastic

My ghk ak jams constantly. It's barely useable in games. I had to replace the hopup chamber with an aluminum one because it kept cracking the plastic ones.

It's very pretty but it hasn't been reliable for me at all.

Oh and I've owned 2 of them. They both did the same thing.

Archived