Since everyone is starting to get their HK45, I thought that perhaps it might be best to have a thread to discuss any thoughts or possible issues that may arise.

My impressions are the recoil is quite there, it's just subdued compared to the Hi-Capa or the Glocks. The Gas efficiency is hard to test since it's still cold here in NY but I hope to test more extensively soon since it definitely is getting warmer. The polymer is quite nice, noticeably more matte than my Glock 26.

Notable Points:

- Internal hidden slide catch. The "external" (what the real slide catch would be) has less than half a mm of clearance to the slide stop point. There is an internal metal catch that is visible if you disassemble slide from the gun which acts on a metal reinforced catch point INSIDE the slide. ingenious, durable and you'd never know by looking at the gun in action!

- Hop up serviceable without slide removal. I haven't owned any of the newer TMs such as the XDM so I'm not sure if this is new or not.

- Very nicely finished plastic/polymer

- Decocker, interchangeable grip straps a la real HK45 as expected.

- Comes with 2 extra BB followers for the magazine!

- Trigger takeup is long as expected but has minimal stacking breaks quite cleanly in double action IMO. Single action nice and short.

Also the obligatory pictures, I'm still figuring out how to disassemble the inner frame from the polymer outer frame. I've nudged the safety out which causes the inner frame to wobble in and out however I can't seem to get the entire assembly worked out...

jg81rKnO73svg.JPG

jbZnvC0g3ih7w.JPG

jxb7GmXljLTn7.JPG

jtn5D9hDUecda.JPG

j9LkUpGJ5pahH.JPG

jbawpSFtnNblEi.JPG

jR68i0qWt2R2k.JPG

jYAqthx7vW412.JPG

a LOT of inner meta frame, extends most of the length of the polymer frame:

jfwcckEuhY0yV.JPG

Front sight is dove-tailed in!! No screw underneath.

jW96yHZN9vLQ4.JPG

jb0CGHt1vx4rKv.JPG

Rear BBU screws into frame as usual, offset of the slide and is flush...

jbpd137PKQdIWU.JPG

jITUEVbjHdAdu.JPG

However the rear sight is still screwed in, and dovetailed. The rear sight is also concaved since it sits right on top of the piston. All these differences probably makes it hard to use a real rear sight if possible at all....

ji81ujyjauONT.JPG

jPHs7QFK5WIwo.JPG

The blowback unit. The piston is secured to the unit by this long spring and detent which is sandwiched by the frame. If you remove the detent and spring, the piston freely comes out.

jACAnI3qK0Jpr.JPG

jTORy25mA3UWp.JPG

Piston 15mm as advertised

jUVHUaCwAmUmC.JPG

The point the slide stop engages on is metal! Not only that but it is at an angle, meaning any wear will start at the sharpest point on the bolt catch. very ingenious design. Also because its metal, it is a removable piece.

jELFVQ4PijADQ.JPG

jVC7vH1Q73pUc.JPG

New slide stop unactivated:

jL32EEqp8XkN3.JPG

Slide stop activated

jjZGAepISljw.JPG

j178AtMwkXCP8.JPG

Unfortunately, the slide catch is not 100% realistic, since lever should go all the way through to the right hand side. The Marui's left catch only goes about 80% through the frame.

As you can see the rod on the right side is a dummy. Real right lever for reference: http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/catalog/HKPP2062-250.jpg

j7lLaosueCFZU.JPG

Recoil spring guide! There is a good solid rubber buffer and a thick rubber oring/pad on the rear side. There is also a plastic buffer insert on the front side of the gun. Wear prevention?

L->R: Metal bushing -> Plastic bushing insert -> Recoil spring -> Plastic buffer -> Rubber oring -> Guide rod retainer

jbaNCeKeWxbi4O.JPG

j6plSkJqCOQd5.JPG

Barrel assembly

jbyXvhWzWcBfg8.JPG

Hop up accessible without slide disassembly!

10155902_10203567640941296_7936051377682

and of course I have to post the shot with the Noveske K9.

10308265_10203567792585087_4659473972734

Edited by kagami
  • Like 5
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since everyone is starting to get their HK45, I thought that perhaps it might be best to have a thread to discuss any thoughts or possible issues that may arise.   My impressions are the recoil is q

Wait, you guys might not be fully understanding...   The slide stop IS ambidextrous, the assembly of it however just isn't 100% the same as real steel. On the real one the right lever is just a leve

Interesting.   Ultimately, what's needed is careful experimental research, swapping in one new component at a time and observing any change in performance.   In the meantime, let me just add that

I'm not sure why they failed to replicate the ambi release properly, until i can disassemble the inner frame fully I can't tell for sure.

One thing I am disappointed in is the fact that the right ambi release has a bit of play up and down since the  left catch is the main one. It works 100% of the time but would be nice if the tolerances were tighter.

Looks good but nothing special imo. Looks like any other new gen TM pistol inside so I expect the performance to be close to that of the XDM.

Slide stop is a shame, KWA did get that right on theres... Its also ambidexterious.

The slide stop is very clever though, stop the metal slide stop from eventually taking chunks out of the slide. However it seems very new and I can imagine issues with it after perlonged use.

Wait, you guys might not be fully understanding...

The slide stop IS ambidextrous, the assembly of it however just isn't 100% the same as real steel. On the real one the right lever is just a lever that snaps onto the right side. However on the TM the axle is connected at the middle instead of being completely on the left side.

Also, In my opinion there are so significant updates to the TM system that no other pistol have:

- 15mm cylinder compared to 12-13mm. About a 33%-50% increase in cylinder volume compared to the past TM pistols before it.

- Internal slide catch point is metal to metal. This is the same as putting a metal slide on your pistol. I don't see why you'd think it would fail given Marui's reputation with its plastic slides and metal catches. Only the outer slide portion itself is plastic

- Stripping requires a flathead to pry off the slide catch (major inconveniece) however to make up for it the hop up is adjustable from the outside of the gun. I believe this is the first marui to do so

if those aren't significant updates to the system then I don't know what is. However it's not like these will be HK45 specific, I feel like the new M&P and especially the USP/USPc will have these features as well.

• Like 4

Hm, youre right about the xdm, it might actually be the same part number. the px4 is a normal cylinder though. i guess they just made a big deal about it on the HK45's box

I know the XDM requires you to take off the slide. Is the PX4 especially difficult to field strip? It would be stupid if marui just implements something so convenient only if accessing the hop up is a pain otherwise.

Hm, youre right about the xdm, it might actually be the same part number. the px4 is a normal cylinder though. i guess they just made a big deal about it on the HK45's box

I know the XDM requires you to take off the slide. Is the PX4 especially difficult to field strip? It would be stupid if marui just implements something so convenient only if accessing the hop up is a pain otherwise.

Easier than a glock, doesn't even require you to pull the slide back. It's actually easier to manipulate the hop wheel when field-stripped though, I can't get my finger in that chamber properly.

Also, the first marui to have the new 15mm cylinder is the 5-7. After that, PX4, XDM, now the HK45.

Very disappointed about the slide catch.

PX4 is a peice of ###### to strip.

On my phone, my spelling will suck.

Huh? I find it pretty easy to strip. Unless you mean full disassembly which in case I agree.

Im going to get one of these when the 2nd batch arrives. Personally I don't see the ambi slide catch issue that problematic. Performance wise it should(and hopefully is) be great. Btw any FPS test on green gas yet?

I think I would prefer the KSC/KWA version.

lol try owning one for a certain period of time and come back to this quote. There are reports of people literally having brand new KWA hk45 that jam after a few mags...and if that doesn't happen it will be inevitable. The whole system to me is flawed, I'm glad i sold it for cheap. When you need a pistol to go bang, you can't trust the kwa hk45. I always had to second guess myself everytime it sat in my holster.  I've owned the KSC USP series and the new KWA mark 23 and they weren't THAT bad. 

The marui hk45 is the only other option for this model. Let's see how she holds up! 

• Like 1

The review was very good (pictures were well done). I'm not big on the look of the Hk pistols of late (its just me, I'm a long suffering 1911 guy). It appears that TM is doing quite a bit more to make their latest pistols stronger after the "issues" with the Five Seven (and I've got 2 of them). The PX4 was also a big success in my opinion. Nice to see they picked it up a notch.

It will certainly be interesting to see how the new Hk holds up to the testing it's going to get from shooters over the next few months.

I chrono'ing my TM HK45 and on green with 0.2g it was averaging 290fps.

I really like the polymer on the lower frame, it just feels great to hold... even more so than my TM XDM. I wasn't too keen on HK pistols at all but this HK45 is great to hold and fires sweet but not as hard as the XDM was. So wear & tear should be better with the HK45.

I didn't notice much with the right side slide catch, (I'm not a lefty so I didn't use it) but the concealed metal slide catch is a clever design and works flawlessly.

De-cocker function is great and something I hadn't come across before, again works brilliantly. When I had my very first shots in the store I was worried that the trigger travel felt huge, but after the first shot the trigger is nice and tight and the travel is super short in order to get off quick rounds.

I also bought a P30 Serpa and it fits fine, just had to loosen the retention screw a bit.

- Internal slide catch point is metal to metal. This is the same as putting a metal slide on your pistol. I don't see why you'd think it would fail given Marui's reputation with its plastic slides and metal catches. Only the outer slide portion itself is plastic

This has been the fashion since the P226 / Hi-Capa / 1911 / Glock models onwards. The 1911 one I have never noticed any issue with bar the one I keep slap loading but then that is me treating it very, very rough so as to be expected.

Also can anyone answer the question I posted in the news thread: Is this a pinned or screwed type magazine?

Finally does the single action part of the thumb safety work well for cocked and locked carry? With the KWA and KSC models this can be over-ridden with a hard pull.

'FireKnife'

Edited by FireKnife

This has been the fashion since the P226 / Hi-Capa / 1911 / Glock models onwards. The 1911 one I have never noticed any issue with bar the one I keep slap loading but then that is me treating it very, very rough so as to be expected.

Also can anyone answer the question I posted in the news thread: Is this a pinned or screwed type magazine?

Finally does the single action part of the thumb safety work well for cocked and locked carry? With the KWA and KSC models this can be over-ridden with a hard pull.

'FireKnife'

The safety on the marui is not true to RS. When the safety is engaged the trigger is disconnected and doesn't do anything at all.

On the plus side, it should work well for cocked and locked.

Wow, the ONLY tm models I've handled are the ones you've listed above. I guess I must be more out of the loop than I thought lol...

The magazine uses pins.

Here's a pic i took of the magazine diagram:

bf7eef60e8e8dc2d692f082d7181e05a.png

• Like 1