WE Scar H

kaufmau

HK shops are always like that.... do you go to Bunny? They have in the past allowed me to shoot a bunch of their guns on the wall. 

Nope, went to Armed Forces Company, the WE dealer / distributor in HK.  Most shops in HK won't let you test fire guns because every display gun is supposed to be sold at normal retail price, which wouldn't happen if its been used as a demo gun.

I'm not too sure about Bunny (I've never been there actually), but their demo guns are probably used to entice customers to buy from their shop as they're located away from where most of the airsoft shops are in Hong Kong.

Only WGC and Ehobby has demo guns stocked that are actually for demo / test firing purposes.  For WGC, it's mainly because they distribute most of the Taiwan brands in Hong Kong (GHK, G&G, VFC, etc).  As for ehobby, they have demo guns on the display rack inside the shop but I've never seen anyone firing them.  Now that I think about it it's probably not for demo purposes...

Looks like port holes like on an AEG piston head. Interesting.

It seems like they just drilled more holes into the piston head (is that the right term?  It's actually the rear of the nozzle).  The SCAR-L and I believe their M4s have the same design, except they have less holes in the piston head itself. 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh, if the nozzle is an improvement on the old scar L nozzle, it would be handy if it is cross compatible. Not a deal breaker for me but perhaps a missed opportunity. This is pure speculation by the way.

I'm going to wait till someone reviews this bad boy, and then I'll buy it (longevity is something only the gods can see).

I've just checked out the WE homepage and find an explosion map from the SCAR-H manual.

(http://manual.weairsoft.com/GBB-Rifle/WE-SCAR-H_MK-H-GBBR-Complete-Manual.pdf)

They actually re-use the SCAR-L manual and the only difference is that they added a single page for SCAR-H parts.

I don't see any nozzle parts for SCAR-H so I bet it's cross compatible with L but they just updated it with some modifications.

Like they did it on MSK nozzle which is basically the same nozzle from WE M4 but added a guide around the nozzle port for its BC.

The interesting thing is that they have a whole trigger control unit box for SCAR-H (#H-03).

I didn't really think of that, but is there any chance the trigger control units or the box is not cross compatible with the SCAR-L?

From what I've heard from HK pages the valve knocker and possibly some other parts are moved somewhat forward, or are just modified. Could be related to the proper shape of the trigger now.

I didn't realized that but after I've read your post and checked out some of the photos of WE SCAR-L, it is inaccurate to the real steel SCAR...

However, RA-tech steel trigger seems more accurate to the real steel.

Maybe the SCAR-H uses different trigger group.

So Darklite and I got to fire the Scar H yesterday.

The recoil was around the same as the SCAR L as far as I remembered it; the VFC HK417 IIRC has more recoil (I fired the sample gun at WGC ages ago)

Full bolt travel.  I don't get where people got the idea it wasn't though; from the WE GBBR demo youtube video you can clearly determine the bolt travel was full given that the charging handle is reciprocating (it's part of the BCG) and you can see that it's pulled back at a distance as long as the ejection port.

Bolt catch is wobbly like the SCAR Ls, so shimming it will be needed for longevity of both the catch and the BCG.

Maybe post a pic, that way people will have a reference to go off of?

Regarding parts braking; I wonder what stresses the users put their Scar-H's under to achieve such breakages (and if it's something that can be remedied and/or avoided)?

Maybe post a pic, that way people will have a reference to go off of?

Regarding parts braking; I wonder what stresses the users put their Scar-H's under to achieve such breakages (and if it's something that can be remedied and/or avoided)?

11011536_10153449222974207_8730433339370

http://translate.google.co.kr/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-TW&u=http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-165222-1-1.html&prev=search

I've read the thread again, I think they say the part is the same part from SCAR-L. 
So even if it breaks, I guess it's not really hard to find a replacement.

BTW, I don't know whether it's user did something wrong or it was just a defective product.
It could be something that resulted from having a full travel bolt despite those L parts they used on H are not built for it.
I honestly don't know.
I think it's better to wait for some proper reviews as Habakure said.

https://youtu.be/L29hUSXM3mc

Bunnyworkshop just updated WE SCAR H review on their YouTube channel. 

Mainly about the exterior and FPS of it, so nothing really new about it though...

However, they say the short outer barrel extension is included as well as long one.

I guess if you want to know about the internals or compatibilities, you should wait for RA-tech review or something. 

Well, it's a pretty cheap rifle which was going for gas consistency over recoil, and it achieved that. Doesn't mean it can't be remedied with an eventual steel carrier, but that's my take on it.

Completely agree, I think it's much better to start with a cheaper, more efficient rifle which is easier to add more kick too than the other way around. Especially for those of us in colder climates.

Then again the real SCAR H isn't really known to have plenty of kick either. Mac from Military Arms Channel even describes it as being close to 5.56. As for the replica, a steel carrier may not even be needed. The top part of the carrier has lots of hollow cutouts which when filled up with something heavy should bring kick up a notch. I wouldn't go overboard though remembering the broken stock plates on early SCAR Ls.

Then again the real SCAR H isn't really known to have plenty of kick either. Mac from Military Arms Channel even describes it as being close to 5.56. As for the replica, a steel carrier may not even be needed. The top part of the carrier has lots of hollow cutouts which when filled up with something heavy should bring kick up a notch. I wouldn't go overboard though remembering the broken stock plates on early SCAR Ls.

Or you could stick a full steel bolt and heavy recoil springs in there, fold the stock and alternate games with your friends and see who the unlucky person will be that gets a bolt slamming out the back of the rifle into their shoulder.

Archived