First Impressions: Tokyo Marui M4 MWS GBBR

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I made something happen recently. At the last game I attended, I noticed that there was roughly a million other players using Mk18's. Therefore I've gone down the hoorah road and utilised a Spear A

Hi guys.   I've waited for this rifle to be released for what felt like forever. Purchased from Impulse101 in Japan, this is among the first batch and I ordered 3 additional magazines which I was to

I've managed to piece together the video. It has taken longer than I expected due to doing some home improvements which diverted much of my time.   Mainly focusing on a comparison between it and th

Nice, cannot wait to see what upgrades come in the future. As for how slugish the GHK shoots, everyone knows that it can be easily fixed with a stronger recoil spring. I run MAPP pro gas in my G5 mags, and is even better.

The great advantage of the GHK is that fps stays fairly consistent even when using different gases, which I find awesome. The TM has it beaten on the bolt catch department though, as I already had to file mine into shape again.

• Like 1

When speaking of gas economy, it would be worth finding out just how much gas (in weight) is actually put into a full mag. TM likes to use long fill valves which limits the amount of total liquid propellant injected which in theory allows for a larger expansion chamber for stability but at the obvious downside of containing less gas. It may be that the GHK can squeeze out more shots per fill simply because it holds more gas.

• Like 2

Thanks for the video. 

Marui is a little bit more accurate, but nothing rubber and an inner can't do. The gas efficiency is a killer, 55 vs 105 rounds is almost double. I can already tell the Marui won't handle the cold well... I just converted my GHK to Devil Hunter (CO2).

Guess I won't pick one up :)

How's the DH mod working in terms of fps stability? I've heard rumour suggesting that the fps deviation increases.

PS BioRage, I don't know you but reading on this thread I felt you're a bit overly aggressive with touting GHK as best gbbr. Bada Bing's did a pretty good job on being objective.

I'll be honest I never own a GHK/ Marui GBBR, I stopped at KSC/KWA LM4. The magazine weight pretty much summarize how GHK has more shots than Marui. (more material to act as a heatsink).

My biggest gripe with the whole airsoft GBB thing is:

#1 Why are we still running flammable propellant with such a crappy temperature range? Devil Hunter's mod aka refillable CO2 should've been standard when Asian airsoft GBB maker began moving towards GBBR. It's not that difficult to hold CO2 -GHK's cylinder reservoir design is a simple solution

#2 Why haven't we begin moving towards a HPA gas-in mag system? A 3000psi should be sufficient

• Like 2

How's the DH mod working in terms of fps stability? I've heard rumour suggesting that the fps deviation increases.

PS BioRage, I don't know you but reading on this thread I felt you're a bit overly aggressive with touting GHK as best gbbr. Bada Bing's did a pretty good job on being objective.

I'll be honest I never own a GHK/ Marui GBBR, I stopped at KSC/KWA LM4. The magazine weight pretty much summarize how GHK has more shots than Marui. (more material to act as a heatsink).

My biggest gripe with the whole airsoft GBB thing is:

#1 Why are we still running flammable propellant with such a crappy temperature range? Devil Hunter's mod aka refillable CO2 should've been standard when Asian airsoft GBB maker began moving towards GBBR. It's not that difficult to hold CO2 -GHK's cylinder reservoir design is a simple solution

#2 Why haven't we begin moving towards a HPA gas-in mag system? A 3000psi should be sufficient

Of course I'm GHK Biased! .. .as well as Marui :) I'm just over aggressive because I don't want to drop $$ on a marui, so convincing myself NOT to get one is the best way. Obviously not trying to offend no one. Been getting quotes for prices here, and $700 CAD cash is somewhat REASONABLE (I only paid $635 for my GHK), but out of stock non-the-less even if I wanted to buy a TM right now.

I've been meaning to make a new thread dedicated to the GHK, but I've been quite busy. I'll do a video soon with my chrono and .25's for your reference. *I'll bring it to a game soon*

It'll be posted on my YT channel here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6-8IRVEsPgJSPb_oemn-Iw

Edit: To expensive to R&D new methods, like mags, otherwise it'll cost a fortune on the gun later on, like the GHK Tavors, assuming most of the cost was to cover the R&D costs.

Devil Hunter isn't popular because not many people know what to do ¯\_(?)_/¯"

Edited by BioRage

I hated filing down that bolt catch on my GHK...

Im glad the marui has that adjustable wheel for easy hop adjustment. That KWA tool on the lm4 is one of the worse designs I can think of, and utterly annoying. A little bit more force than usual breaks the teeth. I thought the gas efficiency on the lm4 was decent, but the performance was lacking consistency. Shimming the barrel, stopping random jams, gas spewing out of the receiver till empty, Bbs flying unpredictably. evo sets and other mods helped a bit but i have given up on that system, and thats after owning and coming back through at least 5 different kwa lm4s (including the mega arms MKM). Oh yeah, that bolt catch fails as well. 

The GHK was perfect to me save for the bolt catch wear. However, running 6+1 mags (along with other gear) is such a B. But I've been running that set up for some time now and toughed it out. But if the marui is lighter in every respect, i'll take the lower gas efficiency which wouldn't apply much to me anyways as long as it finishes a mag strongly. Most likely when I run a mag till empty, it wont be refilled with BBs on the field. It would be sitting in my drop pouch. 

• Like 1

I hated filing down that bolt catch on my GHK...

Im glad the marui has that adjustable wheel for easy hop adjustment. That KWA tool on the lm4 is one of the worse designs I can think of, and utterly annoying. A little bit more force than usual breaks the teeth. I thought the gas efficiency on the lm4 was decent, but the performance was lacking consistency. Shimming the barrel, stopping random jams, gas spewing out of the receiver till empty, Bbs flying unpredictably. evo sets and other mods helped a bit but i have given up on that system, and thats after owning and coming back through at least 5 different kwa lm4s (including the mega arms MKM). Oh yeah, that bolt catch fails as well. 

The GHK was perfect to me save for the bolt catch wear. However, running 6+1 mags (along with other gear) is such a B. But I've been running that set up for some time now and toughed it out. But if the marui is lighter in every respect, i'll take the lower gas efficiency which wouldn't apply much to me anyways as long as it finishes a mag strongly. Most likely when I run a mag till empty, it wont be refilled with BBs on the field. It would be sitting in my drop pouch. 

Yeah, 1 mag is good enough. GHK on CO2 lasts only 1.5 on the capsules at least, haven't tested with the Devil Hunter, but expect the same results.

My only fear for the TM is it won't comply well in the cold weather, so that's why I'd like to see some results in the cold weather before I make a purchase :).

I run 5+1, and a kydex with m&p and 3 +1 mags there, no dump pouch. It is heavy, but like you said, I am used to it.

Yeah, 1 mag is good enough. GHK on CO2 lasts only 1.5 on the capsules at least, haven't tested with the Devil Hunter, but expect the same results.

My only fear for the TM is it won't comply well in the cold weather, so that's why I'd like to see some results in the cold weather before I make a purchase :).

I run 5+1, and a kydex with m&p and 3 +1 mags there, no dump pouch. It is heavy, but like you said, I am used to it.

Here's hoping that it does! 

I have yet to have my ghk bolt lock fail other than the if you shake it it comes loose just like every gbbr ever.

Semi only mods I would say find the auto sear and take it out.

Or mod the selector somehow.

With the ghk just use a real ar15 selector.

Yeah, my bolt lock has yet to fail me, but I also don't game much :D

Jesus, 340 is so low, min here is 350, and new normal is 380. 400 is for serious players (CQB ofc)

Many European countries use 350-360 as an absolute limit. But why you would want to shoot that much higher (especially in CQB) is beyond me (exceptions: semi auto or bolt action sniper rifles). 

It's not because you wield them in CQB that it's not excessive. Sorry but it's a pet pieve of mine. You don't even need 350 in CQB. Standard TM 280 is enough. But being at the receiving end of 350 fps at bangkill distance I found it acceptable in single-shot. 400 would be overkill. You'll just keep the more hard core and masochistic players and scare average players away. /Off-topic

Serious players obviously don't need 400 in CQB. Trollbait, much?

Not a "trollbait" it's what a local field advertises, for CQB.

http://airsoftcanada.com/showpost.php?p=1953546&postcount=397

Also a very popular MilSim with Big Boy Rules - "Max FPS 480 with .2 bolt action may exceed this with host approval"

(Obvious for the srs oper8's

http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=172935

Edited by BioRage
  • Like 1