"Professinal" traning weapon vs GBBR vs brands of gear

Beeingmyself

First off this is my personal thoughts about this subject

I do not present anybody og have any intel suggestion anything

The so called "Proffesional" training weapons

how exactly professional are they really?

Differernce from ordinary AEGs is?

Stop firing on empty - and what else

Yes I know there are the changing of cylindres but it does not affect the training.

Just how about how many so called PTW have Systema sold on that alone

Hey that unit trains with them, hey they are beeing sold to police and LE and military

Seriously are they?

They are basically AEGs or nerf guns.

Besides putting in a magazine and pulling the trigger what else weapon manipulation are there?

Again knowing the airsoft society and the hole "uh this is RS and that and that unit used this"

"Look at me, I need to paint my weapon otherwise I'll be spotted on the field"

"I have a nerf gun that cost 1.200£ with RS Aimpoint and weapons parts on it"

Okay it is an okay gun it has its advantages and its disadvantages

The cylindre swapping is one of them and one of the main reasons O got my own.

Playing at different fields with different field limit it just nice to be able to.

Beside you only need one good barrel, one good sight and batteries is the same all over.

But

What about the GBBRs

I remember years ago when WE M4s CB came out

A lot of milsimmers went crazy and swopped theirs guns for it.

Sorry it wasn't al that good but the OB system repaired a lot of it reputation.

Still there is a bit of just more work to it.

What if the GBBR manufactores had been using the same "Professional" about it as well

would they have been selling more alone from that perspective

There is a nearby real weapon manipulation just for once.

And of course the hole cleaning process along side with it.

Also

A lot of manufactores are making some pretty decent gear for a reasonably price for airsoft

it just doesn't sell as good as the manufactores that have a military contract.

And why is that?

Do we really need our goggles to be able to make up for a .22lr when only using 6mm PLASTIC?

I have recently tried the TWG anti fog fan googles prices 25€

Admitted they are not ESS Turbofans but for airsoft use they are plenty of good and durable.

It is kind of hard to make up for when a lence for ESS alone vost nearby 25€

But they don't sell as well yet again back to the military contract...

Jugding by the level of what we really need for a few hours of gaming

and the level of things we wear alone for the tactocoolness

It makes me kind of wondering how much is wargame itself and how much is roleplaying and reenactment?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it really comes down to your personal preference/choice, and what you can afford to do/like.  I myself owned a CA m15a4 for 4yrs before i got another airsoft gun. In doing so, i spent probably close to $1k in internal and external upgades (this was before i really knew what i liked). In doing that, it became annoying as many parts didnt fit, had  bad tolerences/QC or needing some minor shaving to properly fit w/ other companies products.

Since then, in about 5yrs span, ive changed to PTW's . In dong so, i would never go back to an AEG. As said, the cylinder system is amazing, Quick change; and no need to worry about other parts internally (aside from motor). The other key point is essentially is the "drop-in' ability of RS rails; along w/ ability to mod RS uppers to fit (as cant run high quality gear w/o worrying about QC, and if it is bad, i can exchange under warranty).  I may be "snobby' in sense, that since using PTW level gear (and RS gear); i'll never use airsoft quality gear ever again. To many QC problems, things being slightly off spec, etc-etc. 

Cant say much on gbb's ; but from what hear, the "benefit" is the recoil ; otherwise, that is about it; as mags can be much more finicky, they can be temperature dependent, need upgrades to usefully perform on par w/ some standard aeg's out of box

But yeah, essentially it really comes down to what you want. At the end of the day, you are shooting plastic bb's regardless of the platform you choose 

Is the purpose of this thread to point out the existential definition of airsoft, the irony of airsoft, or to discuss economics of airsoft gear as fashionware?

How professional is a PTW?  Its a branding gimmick to differentiate between "AEG" and "AEG+",

I use airsoft accessories on my RS, which includes working parts. Its all in the evaluation and selection, some engineering knowhow and elbow grease.  Some airsoft replicas are better dimensioned and made of better materials as the real ones (like VFC MP5s, which its receiver quality is better than H&K and many other MP5 manufacturers).  I don't think we can frown upon airsoft parts being of bad quality nowadays as those were yesteryear (Classic army is of the yesteryear).

As for how relevant are training weapons for training, I don't think many conventional forces have adopted airsoft for training.  Small LE departments, reserve units, private contractor companies have done so, as they have more need to be innovative, and less politics, hierarchy and doctrine to limit their use.

But a criticism of airsoft is its lack of impact at close range, limiting its effectiveness as a FIBUA training weapon.  The other thing is the lack of noise, which is what creates the atmosphere required to shout in order to communicate, thus getting the adrenaline going.  Its all missing, which doesn't contribute to the combat stress, hence airsoft will be an imperfect limitation of the combat experience until those BOSS units are widespread.

In layman's term, coolness.

Both PTWs and GBBRs provide "better" experience simulating real firearms or how you fight with one, in different ways.

Personally PTWs appeal to me for their shot-to-shot consistency ( if good BBs used ) and awesome trigger response speed.

GBBRs are just mechanically very realistic, manual of arms also apply even some malfunctions.

It's what you look for or what you choose to have, for others, some just don't settle with simple electric powered BB pouring device.

But modifying a RS upper to use with airsoft

isn't that kind of like buying a Toyota for 2k and then buy BMW rims for 2k and put on it?

Beside in the U.S where RS parts are widely avaible and also inse the US

how many does actually put a RS upper on an airsoft rifle?

Isn't that just one of those selling point to the extend to please airsofters tacticoolyness

and for them to be able to brag about it beeing possible without ever doing so?

Is the purpose of this thread to point out the existential definition of airsoft, the irony of airsoft, or to discuss economics of airsoft gear as fashionware?

It open to debate so share your point of views

I remember we used F/X ammo for traning but that is rather expensive

so it was only in limitied traning enviroment we were allowed to do so.

Gas user here with my .2 currency.

I find aegs boring, I'd go ptw but gbbr are less expensive even if you have to have upgrades.

Manual of arms and recoil do it for me, I could get a recoil shock but I prefer simple systems.

Electric guns have so many parts that can fail. My ghk has maybe 2 things that could fail.

I've had a few aegs and feeding issues was the majority of my anger towards electrics.

Spent much and it fixed nothing, sold it off and never looked back.

Airsoft brand gear, you shine like a diamond in a goats *albatross* under nv/ir.

Yeah not everyone has that but someday it will be so cheap night games will be more common.

I have had many of "airsoft" carriers and chest rigs just fall apart.

You get what you pay for, and I want something that can stand the abuse I put on my gear.

If I'm just hanging back being a pog then sure soft gear will suffice. But being one of the more active players on the field I need my gear to be as good as my toys and vice versa.

Some AS gear is good because the real counterpart can be thousands(like aor1 stuff, super rare, super pricy).

Buy why you want but if you just play once a month on a weekend cheap gear will work.

Some of us play as much as we can, I don't travel states away but I would like to play twice a week.

If we had a cqb site still I could do that but they closed because the owner wasn't making money fast enough. He just wanted money and didn't care about his customers.

But modifying a RS upper to use with airsoft

isn't that kind of like buying a Toyota for 2k and then buy BMW rims for 2k and put on it?

Beside in the U.S where RS parts are widely avaible and also inse the US

how many does actually put a RS upper on an airsoft rifle?

Isn't that just one of those selling point to the extend to please airsofters tacticoolyness

and for them to be able to brag about it beeing possible without ever doing so?

Here there is a phrase, first kind of cool.

Think about it this way.

Some rails can be had for the same as Airsoft rails.

Uppers are the same after you figure in shipping after this is all said and done.

I give you airsoft gear shine.

I bought a Fast jump helmet in A-tacs but it shines so much that I have put on an A-tacs cover ;7)

But never the less yet again....

Some say they have to paint their guns otherwise they will be spotted. Really????

I could put on a pink bunnysuit and still be able to get around for some time before beeing spotted

Kind of like racecars drivers.

Just because you have the fastest car doesn't mean you have the fastest lap time.

I'm not trying to be degrading but it is kind of funny..

Here there is a phrase, first kind of cool.

Think about it this way.

Some rails can be had for the same as Airsoft rails.

Uppers are the same after you figure in shipping after this is all said and done.

But isn't there a lot of worktime beeing put in to actually make them fit as neat as a correct airsoft upper?

Yet again outside of the US RS uppers isn't that common avaible as just ordering a airsoft upper

Pretty much. But more importantly, why are you so affected by it?

Well beeing that I make fun of others I have to include myself and I as well have bought RS gear and such

but I still find it really funny and a bit interesting.

My main question was though the part with the GBBRs for training

instead of PTWs and than offcourse the selling points

Here's a good rule for airsoft (and life).

Hoe your own garden.

Don't like PTWs and don't want tac gear that's fresh off the 2 way range? Fine; no one else will care.

But whenever you feel the urge to tell other players they're wrong just clamp that off and hoe your own garden,

Here's a good rule for airsoft (and life).

Hoe your own garden.

Don't like PTWs and don't want tac gear that's fresh off the 2 way range? Fine; no one else will care.

But whenever you feel the urge to tell other players they're wrong just clamp that off and hoe your own garden,

?? I'm not saying anybody are wrong but airsoft and its deamons are a bit funny

And please read I'm actually asking not just talking *suitcase* about others

Being an ex-ptw user (i still have one but no batteries lol) to a gbb user ill try and shed some light.

RS uppers for some, they buy it for tacticoolness.

Others buy it because its MUCH stronger than OEM (buy once cry once) as the OEM lower and uppers crack if mishandled/dropped/thrown/fallen on/etc.

The other alternatives are to buy prime uppers and lowers which are usually not in stock or almost as expensive as a bargain ptw cut RS upper. At that point some just buy the cut RS uppers so we dont have to deal with customs.

Regarding RS gear, sorry i cant help as much as i tend to shed gear as wearing too much is what puts me off about it. Only item that i can say ive had fake and rs are the FAST mags pouches. The fakies cracked apart and the rubber band snapped in about 4 months. My current real pouches are on year 2 with no real damage other than cosmetic.

To be honest there was always a difference between a PTW and a normal AEG back in the day - it not firing on empty and the snappy trigger response was really cool - but at a hefty cost. There are better options nowadays, I think. 

With regards to gear the line has blurred with respect to quality of "replicas". I think nowadays if you spend big bucks you are paying for a lighter plate carrier then you are a stronger one.

No we don't "need" eye pro that can stop a .22 when we only use 6mm pellets, but I'm not gonna out of my way to find goggles that can stop the latter but not the former!  In any case I use mesh which I doubt would stop a .22 safely.

With regards to roleplay and wargaming that's up to the individual. They are by no means exclusive. I've played alongside a team (can't remember their name) who do the full navy seals thing and put out some of the best airsoft I've seen. 

For me,  after spending my £30 on a game fee it's about getting stuck in and making the most of it. I don't think there's been a time where I havn't been exhausted afterwards and aching the next day! (I could be fitter I suppose!) Other ppl can do what they want! 

There are so many question marks in the original post but so few actual questions... this is more a random rant against PTWs and RS accessories than anything else, and I don't even like PTWs. 

The main advantage of PTWs back when they were first released a decade ago (?), was its unmatched trigger response and decent shot to shot consistency (once the hop is fixed...), the stop firing on empty / cylinder change were nice features but I don't think that's the main reason people bought it. 

People buy expensive Crye gear go to with their airsoft replicas with real rails and optics, because they can and they want to. You might get to your destination as fast as someone in their Lamborghini by going on public transport, but I'd hardly call them idiots just because your bus pass is more economically sensible. Besides, more high end gear also retain value better when it comes to reselling (provided it's a demanded model / style, not some super obscure stuff).

Also, not all airsoft games last "a few hours"... some events last between 12-35 hours and few replica brands make good day packs.  

I've played alongside a team (can't remember their name) who do the full navy seals thing and put out some of the best airsoft I've seen. 

Diablo? 

Archived