Return of the old days?

bankz5152

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to say I'm still a little unclear on the rules.  Are we just not allowed to post any pictures of weapon-like things anywhere anymore?

I can type "gun" into my Google Photo search and it finds all images I've ever taken with my phone of my airsoft stuff that looked like guns, including a gearbox. Both Facebook and Google are pretty good with their image recognition technology... 

Where's a very expensive cake in the shape of a gun when ya need one??

lol, sorry, take some drugs?  You are amusing.

How is throwing out statistics on 'gun deaths' not implying an intent to debate the matter?  Or do you just want to put forward your side of the issue and nobody else is allowed to counter?  Fact is facebook has not banned 'unlicensed' sales, they've banned private sales which are perfectly legal in many, many parts of the states, commercial entities are allowed to continue plying their trade.  Either way this is not a gun forum this is about airsoft, so your opinion is not relevant to the thread in the slightest and if you're not here to debate the subject then there's literally no reason to post it.  That's why I stuck to talking about airsoft in my post.

People can counter as they please. My point is is that the policy is undoubtedly motivated by (American) gun crime rather airsoft or "kids on facebook" or what have you - the statistics were there to illustrate my point. I can't see how that is irrelevant at all. You have made a mountain out of a molehill. 

All my experiences with second hand airsoft sales on facebook have followed a strikingly similar formula. Usually I'd post an ad for something pretty high end, then spend the next month telling donuts who lowball because "my mate has one just like it, that he bought for some lint and a scratchcard" to kindly *fruitcage* off.

Whats that, your mate has one just like it ? what brand ? Oh a WE !

*fruitcage* off. 

People can counter as they please. My point is is that the policy is undoubtedly motivated by (American) gun crime rather airsoft or "kids on facebook" or what have you - the statistics were there to illustrate my point. I can't see how that is irrelevant at all. You have made a mountain out of a molehill.

Yes, I am terribly prone to doing that.

If people start to counter that point, that is literally the definition of debating the subject, which as I've said already, this thread is not about.  The irony here being what I said originally (to correct Supernanny's rather ill judged assertion) clearly illustrated the point that, as you say, this change was clearly brought about in relation to private ownership of firearms and facebook's feelings/opinions/policies regarding that subject in the US.  Certainly not about airsoft, at least in the main part.  Difference being I said it in a neutral fashion because I'm not here to point out the arguments for or against, since that topic is not at all what we're here for and indeed, as UK citizens, have literally zero control over or input in to.

Arnies is still my first port of call for any sales stuff then Zero in as they have the traffic. The FB groups where good from time to time though. I just hate this new wave of censorship and acceptability that socail media is ushering in.

I don't get the fuzz. FB just enforced their rules which we agreed on when registering on FB. That is all. They do not and can not forbid the sale of second hand weapons and replica's. They simply ruled out their system ( facebook) as a medium. Which us their choice. Remember they owe us nothing. FB is free to use and we ALL scroll over the rules instead of reading them when we accepted them.

Lets use local fora or arnies gain. Like we used to, and kindly move on? :)

I don't get the fuzz. FB just enforced their rules which we agreed on when registering on FB. That is all. They do not and can not forbid the sale of second hand weapons and replica's. They simply ruled out their system ( facebook) as a medium. Which us their choice. Remember they owe us nothing. FB is free to use and we ALL scroll over the rules instead of reading them when we accepted them.

Lets use local fora or arnies gain. Like we used to, and kindly move on? :)

Don't think anyone said anything to the contrary did they?  I'm not closing my account, I think it's a shame for those few who did find it useful for selling firearms and RIFs privately, but I wasn't one of them so it's made no change to me at all.

Having made my account about 12 years ago then it's not correct to say ever I accepted a rule regards restricting sales of certain things which are perfectly legal to sell, but then there was no sales system at that point, I'm pretty sure groups didn't exist either.  Obviously we all signed to say 'facebook can do what the hell they like' as with every box you check when making an account, not arguing that.  I'm not sure loads of people will suddenly come to forums though, I mean there's not been some sudden influx already. Forums have been in decline traffic wise for a good number of years, I'm fairly certain an awful lot of the userbase on the FB groups isn't even aware they exist.

Archived