blobface

GHK x Umarex Glock 17

- Forged full steel CNC Slide

- Steel reinforced frame (overmould)

- OOTB green gas ready

- CO2 mag planned

- "Lightweight" plastic mags (probably a sleeve)

- 4.9lb pull, different trigger kit planned for the future

- No BBU housing, the whole slide is effectively a BBU housing. 

Edited by blobface
  • Like 2

He was able to reset the trigger just by pushing on the valve knock reset, does that mean this is some weird double action internal hammer as a way to increase pull strength without impeding on the slide action? 

• Like 1

This looks awesome, and I'm also expecting somewhere in the $400-500 range if this is a mass-production item, rather than a really limited run like the RWA/BAD receiver sets and other $1k+ products.

I was skeptical about this, but after seeing what GHK have done internally I'm very interested now. It would have been nice if it wasn't a Glock, but we can't have it all. If they use this system for a 1911 then I'm in!

Still a lot more than I'd want to spend on a sidearm, but compared to your usual WE/TM base pistol and a steel slide/barrel/fcg set, this is deffo a major contender if they can stick to the ~$300USD region.

On 12/12/2019 at 10:33 PM, blobface said:

I recall similar things being said about the M4 market when they made yet another M4... 

The market for rifles is much bigger than sidearms.

8 hours ago, icolater said:

Looks great!! Wonder if the “metal” bits in the frame are steel. If not why bother. Also why gen 3 ?? 

It looks like the front and rear most tabs that are imbedded into the frame and actually engage the slide guide rails are carbon steel. The blocks holding the trigger and striker appear to be a different material but could be MIM steel. 

I was at the MOA show and I fondled the GHK Glock.

I've got pics but it's the same stuff that's already available online so I won't bother uploading.  Here's a couple of points to take away:

- Magazine is light.  It can take 22kg gas and the design is similar to the prowin one.  Mag body is likely made by extrusion and not casting hence the weight.

- The slide is basically a bolt carrier group.  The nozzle's not as big as a GBBR but it's bigger than anything else available on pistols

- disassembly "just like a real glock" as in no need to pull slide all the way back before being able to slide it off the frame

- output valve in the mag is huge, looks like something you can find on a GBBR.

- proprietary everything, save for the barrel and bucking being TM Spec

- rotary dial hop up adjustment that's in line with the barrel.  I assume it uses a leaf spring to apply pressure.  I'm not a fan of that.  You need to remove the entire inner barrel assembly to adjust hop up however.

- racking the slide is smooth.  No more hammer "bump" for a BBU to ride over

fits real glock sights and I think mag catches.  Not sure whether it fits real anything else.  Rear plate on the slide isn't RS spec, so it's proprietary.

• Like 4