STAR M249

umbra

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think you necessarily have to use the recommended battery for each different gearbox, but that it may help immensly.

You see, we have 3 different gearboxes it seems, one high speed(not as powerful), one high power, and one kinda an all around stock. Now you wouldn't want to put a 8.4v battery in a high power gun with high tourqe gears and a strong spring, you'd loose alot of the ROF and you'd probably have a problem turning the gears, compressing the spring, etc. Vice Versa, with the other models, if you understand what I mean.

I doubt it'll be a serious inconvience to anyone, as i think an affordable m249 would certainly out weigh it. :D

Now i actually can have a SAW and not a famas with a boxmag ;) . I love the idea of having preupgraded gearboxes. And i have seen some pretty strong polycarbs out there. The gearbox could be made out of the same stuff thats in the ca36 :). And i am willing to bet money that someone (systema) will make an all metal gearbox.

:Dr_Evil:

Check this out guys.

https://www.evike.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv...ry_Code=PRESALE

599.99 for the m249 from star.

For the most part evikes prices are too high, so hopefully we can expect prices as low as 500 dollars from other retailers with fairer prices.

so that works out roughly at £340, or something around that area :) very very tempting

How is it 1/2 the weight of the Ca yet the "shipping weight" is only 1lb less? Ridiculous. But I'd like to see a review of this, seems pretty interesting.

Because STAR seems to think everyone wants an aluminum case with their guns. The case adds 3 kilos to the shipping weight. I now see some sites selling the UMP and 249 without the case to ease the shipping rate.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=1064

There's no way in hell im paying 600 dollars for a gun thats not full metal and performs no better or worse than a 300 dollar AEG.

But, but, but, but its a SAW. One of God's finest creation in an airsoft form. You can bet it'll be seriously cheaper overseas.

i think i will stick to the CA FULL METAL manly model M249.

people who buy this will be cheating themselves thinking they have a proper SAW.

it simply wont be realistic being able to run full sprint carrying a SAW, or slinging it behind you climbing through a window.

full metal CA quality for the win.

if they made an M60 however, i cant afford 2 full metal support weapons.......

There's no way in hell im paying 600 dollars for a gun thats not full metal and performs no better or worse than a 300 dollar AEG.

i just heard from a friend of mine that works with one of the wholesalers of at redwolf

the plastic in the gearbox is a type of bulletproof plastic but i dont rmember if the body is aswell if not it'll be ABS, and the msrp is going to be around $500-550USD, and if this lives up its expextations, especially the bulletproof plastic, (STRONG!) this will out prefrom a $300 aeg EASILY

Sorry, If I wanted a plastic Squad Automatic weapon....

Well, I already have it.

It's called an MG36.

A plastic M249 is just not realistic at all. Light? Then carry an M4 or G36. Squad autos my their nature, are not light - at all.

My main problem is it's freaking plastic.

I mean, come on. It's not even metal. Last time I checked most of us played airsoft for the realism of it. Which means, airsoft guns should be identical to their real world counter parts.

So, a M249, being plastic, is not realistic. Since I don't care what kind of plastic you make it out of, it won't withstand the heat, or pressure of a round going off. (Not talking ballistics - please. Just saying that hot gases are what makes a bullet, go off.)

As for a peic eof lead and fit it to a gearbox.. my friend, thats called an RPK ;) Got one of those too. Heavy ######, needless to say.

We can never have identical guns, as our markers operate on moters or refrigirator gases. I like to have a realism aspect in my games, but I think a plastic SAW is fine. This gun is an ideal base for projects, and I imagine if this is popular, metal bodies will come out.

stop complainin about the realism of weight after all its mainly looks at what you look for in a gun not how heavy. otherwise you could jus buy a piece of lead and fit a gearbox to it!!

I'll be buyin it purely for how cool and fun it'll be to use so what!

excatly, the ca249 weighs a ton, i dont wnna have to carry that thing all the time in battle!

Yes but think of it this way, and look at prices.

Right now, look at the price of existing M249, and other parts for guns.

So, lets say they came out with a metal reciever, metal feed tray cover, and other bits'n'peices as well.

500$ base gun (going off a guess on that.) Then lets say on the cheap side, 100$ for the reciever, 100 for the feed tray cover, then another 100 or so on the other bits and peices.

I mean, after that your pushing the 800$ mark... why not just get a full metal M249 already?

Archived