Several hurt in explosions on London Underground

xRAZERx

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did say that, but that was before the other explosions, and i was working on now out of date information.

With this new information i have changed my opinion.

BBC security correspondand has said that his sources are saying that this is probabily Al-Quieda

Algate east - 2 dead confirmed.

Darth

Ah right, was just confused mate.

Yeah, I just heard that they are suspecting that Al Qaeda are still in the area, and have explosive devices in rucksacks/backpacks.

Neither me nor my dad suspect Al-Quieda as if it was them the explosions would have been much larger.

Blair is not returning as he is being kept away in case he is targeted - thats why he is staying away. However, he will not be leading G8 anymore

3 bus explosions confirmed

6 underground explosions confirmed - possibly more police havn't confirmed all trains repoting in to unload their passengers

Police urging as many people as possible to get to a train station and get out of london as fast as possible

confirmed - 2 trains stuck - unconfirmed as to reason

National Grid have confirmed there was NO power surge

Police and military on full alert - definate terrorist attacks they could accept the busses were but they had suspected a power surge caused in some way by the explosions

Most streets around london completely clear except for police

What scares me is that next sunday i'm down there for a major military parade at Whitehall - Belgium national Day - Belgian Royalty attending

Can i please ask that any Mod please puts a link to this front page news please

That's a bloody scary idea, guys walking round with explosive backpacks.

I would hate to think what would happen if one of them got into a hospital or an emergency zone...

Darth

According to the news they've put hospitals close to the bus explosion on lock down, only wounded and staff are allowed inside.. not sure about anywhere else..

According to the news they've put hospitals close to the bus explosion on lock down, only wounded and staff are allowed inside.. not sure about anywhere else..

SOP, only people from the explosions will get into any hospital in Central London.

And for reference, a power surge on the underground will NOT cause an explosion.

citys been locked down acording to sky news

and the govenernments special comitee for this sort of incident called "cobra" has been conviened

Neither me nor my dad suspect Al-Quieda as if it was them the explosions would have been much larger.

Blair is not returning as he is being kept away in case he is targeted - thats why he is staying away. However, he will not be leading G8 anymore

3 bus explosions confirmed

6 underground explosions confirmed - possibly more police havn't confirmed all trains repoting in to unload their passengers

Police urging as many people as possible to get to a train station and get out of london as fast as possible

confirmed - 2 trains stuck - unconfirmed as to reason

National Grid have confirmed there was NO power surge

Police and military on full alert - definate terrorist attacks they could accept the busses were but they had suspected a power surge caused in some way by the explosions

Most streets around london completely clear except for police

What scares me is that next sunday i'm down there for a major military parade at Whitehall - Belgium national Day - Belgian Royalty attending

Can i please ask that any Mod please puts a link to this front page news please

Well, the explosions happened in rush hour times, every bus/tube carriage would of been packed full of people, we still don't have a confirmed total amount of wounded nor dead, so I don't think we can really say "it couldn't of been Al Quieda! they make big explosions!" it matters what they were packing, what their objective was, and what they wanted to cause.

Most Terror groups like to cause terror before they actually cause death, ie: this attack, then they could go for a larger one. They'll leave us in fear of the next attack.

Bloody hell, just woke up and read this on yahoo news, and watching it on Sky News now. I guess this has been inevitable for a couple of years now though. Im guessing the olympics had something to do with it aswell. It's obvious its a terrorist attack, i dunno why some people are doubting that lol Looks like a pretty well planned/coordinated attack.

Under orders from the army the police are extending exclusion zones further.

It'll only be time and more confirmed explosions means London will be totally locked down

Army aere on scene as they are used to dealing with shock and life threatening situations and emergencies as that is what they are primarilly trained in, They are not afraid to kill if neccesary unlike Armed police might be. They are trained in situations like this and they are trained to use their initiative and can take orders and act on them unlike some of the police who will be in shock - Army having just come from Iraq so have seen similar sights and are used to it

Hospitals are confirmed to be only accepting the wounded and the ambulances and doctors who are hurrying in

Bloody hell, just woke up and read this on yahoo news, and watching it on Sky News now. I guess this has been inevitable for a couple of years now though. Im guessing the olympics had something to do with it aswell. It's obvious its a terrorist attack, i dunno why some people are doubting that lol Looks like a pretty well planned/coordinated attack.

I would say not the olympics. It probably takes more than a day to plan this. More likely G8.

London is being locked down, but not a total lock down, they Police and Military have told people to not go to London at the moment, but to not cause fear they have said "this is because it is practically impossible to move around London at the moment".

i turned on the TV and on the news it said 'London Blasts' i thought, oh s***...

i dont think its to do with the olympics to be honest, i think its more to do with G8.

i mean all security (well most of it) is up at scotland because blair and many other leaders are up there

but still this is scary, i hate things like this.

thank god that all first aid, ambulance, fire, police services are all trained for this

my thoughts go to all people in london, it must be horrible

So far there are 6 tubes and only 1 bus CONFIRMED explosions. However there are uncon reports of another 2 buses. There are no confirmed deaths. All hospitals in london are on standby. Royal London, near aldgate have reported 4 critical, 6 serious, and a number of minor injuries.

If you cant reach people's mobiles, don't worry. SOP means that all priority goes to emergence services, so basically, thy're using the switchboard.

Anybody in London, stay put. They dont want people on the street. There are no tube's at all, and no buses in zone 1.

There will be a press conference on bout 8 minutes.

EDIT: there are 2 unconfirmed deaths.

I would say not the olympics. It probably takes more than a day to plan this. More likely G8.

Yeah i guess your right, girlfriend just pointed that out aswell, about the time needed to plan something like this. Is one hell of a coincedence though.

I wonder how long it'll be before someone claims responsibility, if anyone does.

SOP - Standard Operating Prociedure

If the Army are in the zone, why have the BBC not reported it?

Darth

i dont know maybe they are slow? its all over sky news

ive got to say though they must have been planning this for a while because it is so well cordinated and timed geez there must have been ALOT of resoucres involved with this, this simultanious bombings of 6+ targets in cetral london at rush hour, and whats worse is its pointless its not going to cause fear in the british public its just going to really miff us off and cause more wars

So far there are 6 tubes and only 1 bus CONFIRMED explosions. However there are uncon reports of another 2 buses. There are no confirmed deaths . All hospitals in london are on standby. Royal London, near aldgate have reported 4 critical, 6 serious, and a number of minor injuries.

If you cant reach people's mobiles, don't worry. SOP means that all priority goes to emergence services, so basically, thy're using the switchboard.

Anybody in London, stay put. They dont want people on the street. There are no tube's at all, and no buses in zone 1.

There will be a press conference on bout 8 minutes.

EDIT: there are 2 unconfirmed deaths.

There are 20 confirmed, which a prediction of 50 bodies still on the London Underground lines..

Archived