Several hurt in explosions on London Underground

xRAZERx

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy *beep*, I just remembered that my dad had got a phone call asking if he would like a new job, and that they would send him an e-mail, and was wondering if he would be happy to re-locate to London. Then they hungup, and this got plastered all over the news.

I doubt its nuke proof, nothing can survive a direct hit from a nuclear strike. if anywhere's safe during a nuclear attack its the countryside.

Night_raven

Note 'basically'. If I am remebering correctly though, I think it is.. it's so far down and has blast doors and *beep*. Not sure though, as I might be remebering wrong.

Someone on another forum just said this....more than likely ###### though

"i'm stuck in my office in the middle of the city and we are hearing rumours of police shooting dead a suspected bomber in canary wharf"

at least we can hope they got one of the ######... pity they couldnt take him alive

aparantly 100 casualties, 1 fatality, taken to hospital that is, might just be a rumor

:huh: There's confirmed 20 dead, but expecting that number to rise once the ERO in the Underground has finished and come back. According to a witness who was on one of the carriages, he had to walk along the track, with dead littering around the carriages and ground.

Actually very deep bunkers can be nuke proof, depending on the warhead.

Anyway, if Al-quieda had a nuke in the UK, they would have used it by now, near Gleanegles to kill the G8.

Darth

Exactly but what im talking about is a 400 to 1,000 megaton warhead here.

Back on topic, .. i was going to go to wolf armouries today, but thats gone off mylist. .. im beggining to wonder how my dad will get home tonight. but i shouldnt be thinking about that.

Night_raven

I doubt Al Qaeda could field any nuke that would result in a true nuclear blast, without the major support from a state sponsoring them. All they could do at G8 is spread radiation around in the country side. It would have much mroe of an effect if a dirty bomb were used in a urban setting.

apparantly all off duty police/fire/ambulance have been called in on stand-by

maybe he's just 'backup'

I doubt it - as Armed police he would either be there or on his way or just sat at work kitted up to guard bristol as there is always the scare that if it has happenned in one city it could happen in others as well

Archived