Your favourite movie ending twists of all time!

ferg981

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm my fav ending.............I think the orginal war of the worlds.

The fact that the martians were imunnie to our 'power and might' yet the commn cold was the aliens killers is a damn intresting rather then the nomral 'I'm you base killing your d00ds!' oh and if i'm not mistaken it's one of the first books to refeer to a chemical war fair as such

The twist ending of the usual suspects was spoiled for me because I had been told the ending years before I saw the film. That made the whole film kinda tedious because I was sitting there going "go on, you know who he is! Stop beating around the bush!" for the whole duration of the movie.

As for Se7en, what was the twist? I watched it, thought the ending was obvious and then spent the time ever since wondering what the fuss is about. If anyone wants to explain it, put it in white or pm it to me.

I like Donnie Darko a lot, even though I don't understand it 100% because I havn't had a look at the book. I get the general idea though.

I didn't think The Wicker Man didn't have much of a twist other than Rowan Morrison isn't really dead but then again, is there a difference between a twist ending and a straight up mystery story? If there is then I think the Wicker Man is the latter.

I'm yet to see SAW, I doubt I will.

Saw seems like Gore for teh sake of Gore, but from what I've been told.. poses questions I wouldn't like to answer.

Would I let myself die becuase the only way out of it was to dig a key out of someones intestines? I could stomach it, but does that person deserve to die to save me? Will they just die anyway? If I'm free I could fight to survive (the dude in question is under general anaestetic or something)

Interesting, but can be proposed without the gore.

Well I haven't seen SAW, but someone so graciously told me the ENTIRE film. But...

The girl thought the guy was dead, until she started stabbing him. By the time she realised he was alive still, he was dead from the stab wounds.

So, that part doesn't really bring up any questions of morality or the likes.

Well, we have a saying in my family (who are all movie mad) that films with strange endings or tist endings are "Head F**k Movies".

Top entries in this list are:

1. Arlington Road. - Plot Outline: A college professor begins to suspect that his neighbour is a terrorist

2. The Usual Suspects - Plot Outline: Five villains in New York are rounded up by police in an unconventional manner that worries them. After release, they get together for a spot of revenge, but someone else is controling events.

3. Vanilla Sky - Plot Outline: A successful publisher finds his life taking a turn for the surreal after a car accident with a jaded lover.

4. Magnolia - Plot Outline: A mixing and matching of friends in the San Fernando Valley.

5. SAW - Plot Outline: With a dead body laying between them, two men (Whannell and Elwes) wake up in the secure lair of a serial killer who's been nicknamed "Jigsaw" by the police because of his unusual calling card.

6. The Sixth Sense - Plot Outline: A boy who communicates with spirits that don't know they're dead seeks the help of a disheartened child psychologist.

7. Twelve Monkeys - Plot Outline: A convict, sent back in time to stop a devastating plague, is sent too far back and is hospitalized as insane.

8. Fight Club - Plot Outline: A man disillusioned by what his life has become encounters an exciting stranger who introduces him to a new way of life.

9. Donny Darko - Plot Outline: High schooler Donnie is plagued by visions of a giant, evil rabbit who orders him to commit acts of violence and predicts the impending end of the world.

10. The Others - Plot Outline: A woman who lives in a darkened old house with her two photosensitive children becomes convinced that her family home is haunted.

11. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels - Plot Summary: Lawrence and Freddie are con-men; big-time and small time respectively.

I could go on, but that is my top 11.

:D

Well, I like the ending to 'Hannibal' and 'The Village'.

I've gotta say, 'American Pyscho' annoyed me with it's ending. Grr... They left the story just as it got interesting :(

I hated the ending to the Village. Ok, maybe its because I saw the movie with my all time favorite girlfriend I have ever had....and then we broke up....

But the ending sucked!!!!!!!!!!1

I wanted to see a WAR! Not some blind girl hoping a fence and getting picked up by a park ranger!!!

~P

Deep Blue Sea: Samuel L Jackson gets eaten, the main character's sexy female love interest gets eaten and the ethnic minority survives. :lol:

Really, that movie blew.

this is in white

Ok, you could see S L J was gonna get killed, just because he had that long, meaningful talk, and when the girl basically kills herself, that was just retarded, it didnt help with the shark dieing overall in the end. The funniest part was when the guy who has his arm bit off, and is in the strecher, gets slammed against the glass, I was roflmao! :D

Archived