H&k...

Trigger Happy10

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I had no idea that FN was contracted for the m16.  Are you sure?  hmm. (scratches head)...

"FN Manufacturing LLC, located in Columbia, SC, is a precision machining manufacturer specializing in the production of small arms. Our products include M16 and M240 machine guns, M249 SAW, and the FNP Polymer 49 pistol for military and law enforcement markets."

:)

http://www.fnmfg.com/

huh... the version I saw was different... It had the picture selector markings.  As in the Safe, Semi, Burst were the cartoons used on the MP5.

Aaron

this was awhile back before anyone made the H&K M4 receivers. So when better pictures of the receiver and a receiver was created they had to chnage it, thats y i think its taking them a while.

Anyway - H&K get's an order . That's a very smart business strategy.

Well I was looking around Colt's homepage the other day and it seems that HK's move may not have been such a smart one after all. It seems Colt is going to attempt to sue both HK and Bushmaster for making M4-lookalike weapons which were essentially nicked from the Colt design.

Fair enough, it may be a better gun, but it is underhand and bad business practice to do this sort of thing without approval from the official owners of the gun designs.

Well I was looking around Colt's homepage the other day and it seems that HK's move may not have been such a smart one after all. It seems Colt is going to attempt to sue both HK and Bushmaster for making M4-lookalike weapons which were essentially nicked from the Colt design.

Fair enough, it may be a better gun, but it is underhand and bad business practice to do this sort of thing without approval from the official owners of the gun designs.

if u go to the H&K website they changed the design a bit so it doesnt. As well as the name goes its now the "H&K 416"

Looks like they realised in time :whistling:

We ain't made no M4 copy, foo'!

Off topic slightly, but I've heard the US amry is currently trialling the XM8 for it's next standard issue weapon...... It is a bit of a rumour though.....

Looks like they realised in time  :whistling:

We ain't made no M4 copy, foo'!

Off topic slightly, but I've heard the US amry is currently trialling the XM8 for it's next standard issue weapon...... It is a bit of a rumour though.....

well ur rumors r true but im sure a lto of people heard about it pretty much a long long time ago

I was under the impression the XM8 porject was being canned. Heard some stories about them such as the support weapon variant melts during sustained fire.

Also, I'd like to know why the *fruitcage* everyone hates armalites? It cant be because "every man and his dog has one" because every man and his dog now has some sort of H&K variant, as is evident in this thread, and the "wot am best gun" game at AG. I honestly dont see the appeal to H&K weapons. Lets take the MP5 for example. The cocking handle has a tendancy to snap of when used, does it not? Never happened to my M4. Also, the ambidextrous selecter on the MP5 is a pain in the *albatross*. The selecter on the M16/4 doesn't rub against your thumb to the point where you get blisters off it.

Sorry, but it just gets to me when people slate the AR15 design, along with 1911's simply because they are made by Colt.

Oh yeah, and as far as I was aware, FN are a Belgian based company.

I was under the impression the XM8 porject was being canned. Heard some stories about them such as the support weapon variant melts during sustained fire.

BS and propaganda of some hardcore AR15 fanatics. The materials of the XM8 are basicly the same as on the G36. I've seen Bundeswehr soldiers firing 3 Beta-C-Mags in a row, the body and handguard just became a bit warm. This "melting" story is a fairytale of people prefering "American made metal guns" because "they are American and made of metal".

Also, I'd like to know why the *fruitcage* everyone hates armalites?

Have you ever fired some hundred rounds with an Armalite? (Realsteel of course)

Then fire some hundred rounds with a G36, SG55x and an AUG and compare them. Then you will know. The only points an AR15 can take is accuracy and modularity. All the other points are taken by the competing rifles.

In Airsoft it makes no real difference, it's just a question of preference and taste.

Sorry, but it just gets to me when people slate the AR15 design, along with 1911's simply because they are made by Colt.

As for me, I hate Colt for making the AR15, not the other way arround :D.

Oh yeah, and as far as I was aware, FN are a Belgian based company.

Yes but the US military guns are produced in the United States by their US subsidiary.

BS and propaganda of some hardcore AR15 fanatics. The materials of the XM8 are basicly the same as on the G36. I've seen Bundeswehr soldiers firing 3 Beta-C-Mags in a row, the body and handguard just became a bit warm. This "melting" story is a fairytale of people prefering "American made metal guns" because "they are American and made of metal".

Fair enough. Personally I hope the SCAR is adopted over the XM8.

Have you ever fired some hundred rounds with an Armalite? (Realsteel of course) Then fire some hundred rounds with a G36, SG55x and an AUG and compare them. Then you will know. The only points an AR15 can take is accuracy and modularity. All the other points are taken by the competing rifles.

In Airsoft it makes no real difference, it's just a question of preference and taste.

No, unfortunately, my residing in the UK prevents me from doing so. Anyway, why would I be talking about comparing real steel weapons on an airsoft forum?

As for me, I hate Colt for making the AR15, not the other way arround :D.

And I hate H&K for making the MP5, G36/C/K/KE whatever and all that other ######.

Yes but the US military guns are produced in the United States by their US subsidiary.

Fair enough, I suppose you hate FN guns provided to the US military as well then, them being made in the states and all?

Before we go any further, I would like to point out that nearly every gun in existence (with a precious few exceptions, i.e. H&K roller-locking) is the product of years of piracy directed against Browning and FN Herstal.

Who originally designed the short-stroke gas piston?

John Moses Browning.

Matter which gun we adopt, we are, in essence, adopting an American design, first dreamed up by the greatest gun designer who ever lived. The FN Minimi and MAG? They use the same system as the BAR--BROWNING Automatic Rifle. And may I also point out that the beloved Lee-Enfield, which used the Lee action, was designed by an American?

No offense meant to you Brits in any way, shape, or form--I'm just trying to make a point. And what might that point be?

Ever since Heckler & Koch decided to drop their signature "delayed blowback roller locking" system (which was actually, originally from the Spanish CETME rifle, which was indirectly derived from the Mauser Stgw 45), the systems used by their weapons have been simply copies of foreign, mainly American, designs.

And may I also point out that all Walther pistols after the P88 use the Browning Cam locking system.

Wherever you go, nearly every gun design has something designed by an American used in it--usually the action, which is probably the most important part of the gun, considering the fact that it would be impossible to fire without one.

Sorry about my long-windedness, but I am extremely patriotic, and despise Anti-Americanism. Unlike some Anti-Americans, who hate the country itself, and not the things they think are wrong with the country...

Hate the sin, not the sinner.

Now, this isn't a political thread, so let's not make it one.

-Clifton C.

Fair enough. Personally I hope the SCAR is adopted over the XM8.

SCAR is a SOCOM only project, it will not be adapted to the regular Armed Forces.

And I hate H&K for making the MP5, G36/C/K/KE whatever and all that other ######.

I fear you're not really objective ;)

Fair enough, I suppose you hate FN guns provided to the US military as well then, them being made in the states and all?

I hate only the AR15 because it's *beep*. No matter if it's made by FN or by Colt.

BTW: FN produces damn nice weapons too ;)

Before we go any further, I would like to point out that nearly every gun in existence (with a precious few exceptions, i.e. H&K roller-locking) is the product of years of piracy directed against Browning and FN Herstal.

It's not really piracy, it's simply adaption and enhancement of existing designs after expiration of a patent. American comanies do the same with European inventions.

And may I also point out that the beloved Lee-Enfield, which used the Lee action, was designed by an American?

Heavily influenced by Mauser ;)

Ever since Heckler & Koch decided to drop their signature "delayed blowback roller locking" system (which was actually, originally from the Spanish CETME rifle, which was indirectly derived from the Mauser Stgw 45), the systems used by their weapons have been simply copies of foreign, mainly American, designs.

Their gas-piston design is related to the AR18, but it's only a small relationship not "simply copied". That's like blaming Pratt and Whitney for copying German jet-propulsion of WW2.

Wherever you go, nearly every gun design has something designed by an American used in it--usually the action, which is probably the most important part of the gun, considering the fact that it would be impossible to fire without one.

Wherever you go, nearly every gun/car/engine/machine/plane/electronics assembly/etc. has something designed by a German in it. And I'm pretty sure the Brits, French, Japanese etc. also could give examples for this effect. So what's your argument? It's simply technological advance paired with globalisation.

Sorry about my long-windedness, but I am extremely patriotic, and despise Anti-Americanism.  Unlike some Anti-Americans, who hate the country itself, and not the things they think are wrong with the country...

Hate the sin, not the sinner.

Unlike the pro-Bush, Republican-controlled US media may telling you, there is no "Anti-Americanism" in Europe. Well there is some, but these are just a few idiots like the supporters of the Nazi- and Communist parties in the USA. Not worth mentioning. In fact the Europeans tell the USA what's wrong with America and the USA insult us as "terrorist supporters", "old Europe", "evil" and so on. We "hate" (critizise would be a better word) the American "sins" but the American government literally hates us for telling the truth. There is a very large "Anit-Europeanism" in the US government and - even more alarming - in the US public. If this behaviour continues, the Alliance between America and Europe will die within the next 10 to 20 years.

Sorry about my long-windedness, but I am extremely patriotic, and despise Anti-Americanism.  Unlike some Anti-Americans, who hate the country itself, and not the things they think are wrong with the country...

You mean Bush? I am Anti-Bush, yes. I love guns, and the outdoors, and Bush is the biggest idiot to ever come into office. I hope you arent the kind of person that would call me a terrorist just because I dont support that ######. (and I have been called that by some unedumacated hicks)

And if you really wanna get into, everyone is copying China. ;)

I am not anti patriotic. i just dont like ar-15's. I am very patriotic, i just dont like some of the guns our country uses. BTW i am a huge fan of 1911's and a bunch of other amercan guns: Thompson, M1 Garand, M14, M21, M60, M249, BAR. Atleast i think the m60 and m249 are proudced in america.

this was awhile back before anyone made the H&K M4 receivers. So when better pictures of the receiver and a receiver was created they had to chnage it, thats y i think its taking them a while.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the HK M4's I saw were pictures of the REAL ones in an HK press release. And they had the MP5 style animated selector logos. Did this change?

And I was under the impression that the company that makes the pictured reciever actually makes jag and porsche ones as well, and it's more of a novelty reciever than an accurate one. I could be wrong, but I know what I saw when HK announced the M4 and that was (check link for attached picture) this reciever...

hk_reciever.bmp

Aaron

I wouldn't call the AK any kind of an exception and the whole idea of an assault rifle was russian (way before WW2), although the first succesful model was german.

I do agree that concerning handguns, nothing really revolutionary has been invented in 100 years. When it comes to rifles, the only big thing in many decades is the creation of the assault rifle and basically they are just short rifles with downsized cartridges and large magazines. Even then the main operational principles weren't greatly changed, but I wouldn't call any gun a copy, unless they are virtually 1:1 copies.

As you also seem to be, I'm a big Browning (person) fan, but I wouldn't call for example the STI Edge any kind of a pirate product or a "simple copy" of the 1911. The whole gun business has for a long time been in the state where basic things like operation principle don't change, but you have to give companies (american or not) credit for all the refinement and improvements they made.

-Sale

P.S. As for real steel comparison not being suitable in an airsoft forum, why not? The things look real to me and many people choose their AEG based on their opinion of the real counterpart. All AEG's are the same with their flaws and strong sides, so you can get the one you'd prefer as a real steel and learn to live with it. With another model you'd have other trouble anyways.

Archived