Gud Ole Americans

f0xm4n

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But the war in Iraq was in no way related to preventing Terrorism, either...

Cheers.

infact, it seems to be doing the opposite :unsure:

so if it isn'a about that or oil, what is it about again :unsure: cause i don't remember it being about anything :unsure: seems a bit pointless imo

You dont have to invade a country to make an oil holding rich, like Halliburton becoming filthy rich just for supplying food to the troops.

Besides, investing in russian, caspian, venezuelan,... companies has a cost: these companies are now functioning, they wont give you the benefits for free; whereas the iraqui companies, state-family hold, are (were) cheap like sand after the war. The proof: what was the first ministerial building to be secured? The health ministerium? The army ministerium? No! The OIL ministerium!

And: syrian terrorists in Iraq? What the heck are you talking about?

The trick consists in spending millions from your country in your friends or secretaries companies: I, the president, decide to invade this country with Lockheed Martin weapons and feed the troops with Halliburton (maybe with the oil they are already processing?). Are you happy Cheney? How about your auctions, Powell?

In the Confference of Donators( these companies that wanted to "help" with the iraqui rebuilding): someone said, publicaly, in a conference hall: "there is enough pie for everyone of us". Really.

You dont have to invade a country to make an oil holding rich, like Halliburton becoming filthy rich just for supplying food to the troops.

Besides, investing in russian, caspian, venezuelan,... companies has a cost: these companies are now functioning, they wont give you the benefits for free; whereas the iraqui companies, state-family hold, are (were) cheap like sand after the war. The proof: what was the first ministerial building to be secured? The health ministerium? The army ministerium? No! The OIL ministerium!

im shocked :rolleyes:

[/sarcasm]

so if it isn'a about that or oil, what is it about again :unsure: cause i don't remember it being about anything :unsure: seems a bit pointless imo

Personally, I always figured it was about the USA getting an opportunity to remove a guy who'd they spend the previous decade arming and funding and who, more recently, had proven himself to be a nutcase and an embarrasment.

ah yes, that was it :)

Don't forget, as well, that Bush senior was mostly responsible for arming him and then took the first crack at seeing him off.

Bush Junior finally finished the job.

I bet that causes some banter around the dinner table at thanksgiving.

Gotta love paternal rivalry.

Right, Hissing Sid, governors are poopies everywhere. We all have started wars. The only difference is that the american TV is the only one that doesnt show dead civilians "out of respect"; and how many yanks have seen the images of Rumsfeld shaking hands with Hussein in '83 after agreeing on CIA giving information for the Iran-Iraq war?

The french learn the abuses of the algerian independence war in the '60, the english learn about Gandhy; the US kids visit the the B-5 bomber in the USAF base in colorado that proudly states they threw thousands of tons of bombs over vietnam on a Christmas Eve night.

its all about the oil, there are repeated attack attemps on oil lines in iraq and the last one was only about a week ago, if oil has nothing to do with this war then why is it classed as a ligitimate target for terrorists, i mean come on they may be terrorists but the not stupid, they do it for a reason, a cause, a beleif, they know what they want to attack and why. and if oil is a target then why????? do i really need to say !!!!

the oil is supposed to raise money for the government that run iraq which is a puppet government run by the US and UK. i for one cant see that were not getting somthing out of it.

its all about the oil, there are repeated attack attemps on oil lines in iraq and the last one was only about a week ago, if oil has nothing to do with this war then why is it classed as a ligitimate target for terrorists, i mean come on they may be terrorists but the not stupid, they do it for a reason, a cause, a beleif, they know what they want to attack and why. and if oil is a target then why????? do i really need to say !!!!

the oil is supposed to raise money for the government that run iraq which is a puppet government run by the US and UK. i for one cant see that were not getting somthing out of it.

*Rewinds thread.

*Copies previous post.

Just to confirm, the most common complaints from Iraqi's is usually something like "2 years after the war the great American invaders can't even get the water/electric/gas supply back on."

It's no coincidence that the subversive elements in Iraq are spending their time cutting electric cables AND carting them off or blowing holes in the sides of water pipes in the desert instead of using guns to shoot at yanks.

In 2 years time when some Syrian sponsored Iraqi politician appears and sorts out a city in Iraq (by asking all the syrian terrorists who work for him to stop what they're doing) he'll be claimed as a hero, installed as the new Iraqi president and you've got yourself the newest vassal Syrian state.

Oh, and I've been there and seen this for myself. ;)

*wonders why he bothers.

1)- the war was not expressly about oil. It was hoped it would be a very tasty perk of the job, so to speak, but owning Eye-raqistan does not remove the USs dependency on foreign oil- they still have to get it to the US, as Foxtrot very wisely points out.

you have to remember that the politicians in the white house are all Cold War politicians and theorists, they think in those terms, even though that war is long over.

The war in iraq is about the control of a "sphere of influence"- the US is very much aware that the middle east allies they currently have, Saudi Arabia Israel and, to a degree, Egypt, are all a bit of an international embaressment, being, as they are, supportive of islamic fundamentalism, murderous and oppressive zionistic zealotry and authoritarianism, in that order.

The creation of a model pro-US Iraq would have been a serious feather in the cap of whoever achieved it. Iraq was an easy target, given that the average American voter had at least heard of Saddam Hussein, and knew he was a bad guy who'd tangled with the US before.

Iraq also occupies a very strategic position- secure its borders, and Israel becomes able to pursue its own policies towards the palestinians with impunity, and Iran, the only other major anti-US power in the vacinity, is forced to have to divert its energies from building its own economy and infrastructure into a potentially crippling border policy with Iraq that will see it forced to spend more and more of its budget on short-range defense, something it would rather be spending on development.

It would also act as a show-home, so to speak, of US foreign policy, that would be applauded, even grudgingly, in many corners of the world.

And, ultimately, it would work towards the US goal of a Pax Democratica, or I should say a Pax Americana, in which all major countries are democratic, and according to theory, as such peaceful, and who owe their allegiance to the benevolence of the USA.

Oil would be a perk, but is not, as such, the primary, or even secondary, objective.

2) the red sox. hard to say at this point- they appear plagued by a lack of consistency at the moment, though there is still time for them to get their act together. My personal feeling is that should they pull off a second successive victory, I'd be surprised, especially given the tenacity and record of the Yankees.

2) the red sox. hard to say at this point- they appear plagued by a lack of consistency at the moment, though there is still time for them to get their act together. My personal feeling is that should they pull off a second successive victory, I'd be surprised, especially given the tenacity and record of the Yankees.
*Sigh* Spenser won't be happy.

:zorro:

its just my personal analysis, I am in no way predicting their downfall, and I am inclined towards cynicism in all things.

and, I have to say, its yet to let me down :)

The Sox are in with as good a chance as they always had, but given their track record of losing in the finals to the yankees until last year, that isn't very promising.

Bit like saying England have as much chance of winning the world cup as they ever did, cos they won it in '66. Sure, they consistently have a great team on paper, but having a great team is irrelevant if the other guys just out-play you.

youll be saying next that the falklands war had nothing to do with oil, how naive can so many people be.

I Never said the war wasn't caused for stupid reasons. But hey, lets try to get the right stupid reason at least. And it wasn't oil.

Why did the terrorists in the 9/11 attacks fly planes into the World Trade Center buildings? Considering they aren't a military/political target. Why? Because it's an ECONOMIC target. Something thats going to cause Terror Not massive large scale death or crippling the U.S. Military response. (I.e. Pearl Harbor.) And why did the recent London bombings happen on the Underground and a Bus? Because they are economic targets, that cause terror to the general population.

Yes, the oil is supposed to raise money for the goverment of Iraq. And yes, it is raising money for the goverment in Iraq. A puppet goverment? Unfortunately I think not. Pro-democratic? Yes, it is. But as shown in the recent developments of their consitution - their laws will be isalamic based - in defiance of US mandates. So A puppet goverment? I'm afraid not. Read the news or don't post against me any more.

n.

Why did the terrorists in the 9/11 attacks fly planes into the World Trade Center buildings? Considering they aren't a military/political target. Why? Because it's an ECONOMIC target. Something thats going to cause  Terror  Not massive large scale death or crippling the U.S. Military response. (I.e. Pearl Harbor.) And why did the recent London bombings happen on the Underground and a Bus? Because they are  economic  targets, that cause terror to the  general  population.

The undeground and the public transport in general make a huge loss each year, so I don't see how it could be seen as an economic target... It's more a target because it is such a huge factor in many peoples lives...

The undeground and the public transport in general make a huge loss each year, so I don't see how it could be seen as an economic target... It's more a target because it is such a huge factor in many peoples lives...

How many hundreds of thousands/millions of people ride the underground and public transport per-day? Before, the attacks that is. And how many people missed going to their job, or had their place of work close, or something of that matter?

Every day a business is closed - is money. Every day someone is missing from work (i.e. Sales person?) money is being lost.

So yes - public transport systems/the goverment might not be too affected by it.

But all the companies that rely on their employees/customers/etc. from there could loose hundreds of thousands/millions of pounds a day.

Very true, but then again, ANY terrorist attack on a capital is going to cause economic losses such as you've described

And the under ground happened to be a very easy target at the time. Plus, it terrorizes people from riding the under ground.

Just like after 9/11 - people where afraid to fly. Or get into tall buildings.

BTW: Today, but 60 years ago, the atomic bomb was dropped over Hiroshima and killed 280,000 human beings.

And ended WW2, a conflict which claimed over 51 million lives.

Also, while we're at it, Roosevelt didn't just drop the A-Bomb out of the blue. He gave the Japanes 7 days notice to surrender. They failed to do so.

Roosevelt also told them theat he'd drop an A bomb every 24 hours until Japan DID surrender.

Incredibly, after the Hiroshima bomb, the japs still refused to surrender and so another bomb was dropped. This time on Nagasaki.

The japs decided to surrender.

The deaths of 280,000 people is never something to be taken lightly but let's leave out all the hand-wringing PC nonsense about how terrible an event it was.

In a war you don't play fair. You use every available option to ensure that even one less of YOUR people aren't killed.

Archived