Gud Ole Americans

f0xm4n

no, i think youll find the majority of idiots are in the US. i have proof read the other posts by other yanks above (plus ive seen some clips from american pop idol, that said it all  :D )

Yes, there are tons of idiots in America. Saying the majority of the US are idiots is pretty stupid though. And for reasons like American Idol? Because obviously no other country has stupid shows like that.

Brit board or not, the whole anti-American thing is quite old and frankly just stupid. You may think you're more mature with the way you show your Patriotism but you're definitely not more mature with the way you act elitist. It's one thing to say there are American idiots, it's just downright insulting to alot of boardmembers here to say that the majority of their country is made up of idiots.

If you want to use the ol "well the majority did vote for Bush," well ya know, the majority didn't vote for the same reasons. Well ya know plenty of idiots were voting for Kerry too, hell most of the people I met who were voting Kerry were teeny boppers bandwagoner idiots who couldn't form an opinion of their own.

Frankly I think threads like this need to be closed. If you want to joke about some idiot who plays with squirrels fine, but why turn the thread into one big insult to millions of people in America.

Normally, I probably wouldn't be this defensive but I've seen too much of this sort of ###### on numerous message boards. People from another country having to mouth off against the "idiots of America" acting like elitist brats all because of

Bush and/or seeing someone who happens to be an American act like an idiot.

IT'S GOTTEN OLD.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing wrong with American's. I have two friend that used to live there. One of them keep's telling me how if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have Mcdonalds, kfc, berger king or even friendly fire. :D

The last one was & is a joke........

Nothing wrong with American's. I have two friend that used to live there. One of them keep's telling me how if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have Mcdonalds, kfc, berger king or even friendly fire. :D

The last one was & is a joke........

oh, what a dull better world that would be :rolleyes:

oh, and i would be happy if they didn't exist :D

no really ;)

Oh my god, there's an American with a stupid website! Quick, let's post it and make sweeping generalizations about Americans. Heck, let's completely ignore the fact that there's probably some crazy idiots with websites in the UK!

FFS grow up! :rolleyes:

This US vs. UK stuff is getting so damn old. As long as we're in agreement that airsoft kicks *albatross* is it really necessary to point out that strange people *gasp!* live all over the world?

Holy *fruitcage* Christ!! Theres not much else you can say.

Bout americans: dont criticize em for doing stupid things, as long as they stop bombing people... If you want to get onem here is the latest american iliteracy story: a french girl (whom i could not *fruitcage*, argggh!) spent a year in the States and, again, most people thought:

1) Spain is in southamerica (mexico, too)

2) Italy is in france

3) Europe is a country next to france and Italy

4) The french are the enemy (what there were more french soldiers in the final battle against the british than american fighters, you are lying!).

Americans are gonna hate me for this post, but some of them asked wether we have car, computers or swimmingpools in Spain, so i dont care.

What, did you run a survey or something? Just because there's a fair amount of stupid people over here, doesn't mean there aren't intelligent people here as well.

I can garuntee there are people over in Spain that are just as ignorant as some of the people in the U.S.

Talk all the smack about Americans that you want. It doesn't matter. Why doesn't it matter? Because we're the world's last super power, we know it, and we have the ability to extend that power. If it scares the rest of the world....oh, well. We're not giving it up. Are we arrogant? Probably. Do we suck? No, we don't suck. How do I know we don't suck? We're the world's last super power. Talk all the smack that you want, but at the end of the day, we're still on top, and everyone knows it. As England has known for a very long time, America makes a great friend and a terrible enemy. And I'm thrilled with the participation of those that are our friends.

If the US has such a small world view, why are there Yanks on this board but so few Brits on American boards? What, you're airsoft xenophobes? ;)

I'm still amazed that after six pages, we're still discussing the stupid squirrel pics like they matter in some way.

Wow. Just...wow.

aussies can be just as bad for instance sniper_boi, night raven and i were talking to a pair of blonde identical twin's from queensland i know (yes lucky me ^_^), they were arguing over whether rome was in spain or greece, But they could agree that madrid was a posh party island in the meditarainian.

but then then again to add another stupid stereotype they were good looking blondes :blink: (insert sarcasm here for those that dont understand)

True, there are many, MANY stupid ingnorants in Spain, too, but we dont elect them for president.

And you are ashamed of your own ingnorance, dont deny it: remember how Kerry was critziced for having a french wife, or how many people disliked him for being too "european"; political assesors preferred to see their candidateswith a baseball cap rather than with a book.

Still, this doesnt mean i hate you.

AqualungJM: please tell me you spelled "guarantee" as a joke!

Because we're the world's last super power, we know it, and we have the ability to extend that power. If it scares the rest of the world....oh, well. We're not giving it up.

I was about to write something along the lines of "If you don't like Americans why frequent a forum where so many take part". I'm sure most Americans can take a bit of ribbing (with a President like yours, you need a thick skin!), but generalisations tend to make the generaliser look more stupid than those he is generalising about and I can say that about every generalisation.... :unsure:

BUT, America's ONLY the world's LAST super-power for NOW. China is coming, who knows, maybe George's Crusade will result in an Islamic Superpower arising from the merger of Iraq and Iran? Or the Radicalisation of the Gulf states?

Are you all those things you said after the above quote? Possibly, possibly not. Are you naive to think things won't change? Nah, couldn't be, could it?

Cheers

Besides, superpowers tend to be hated... most americans will probably think:"Yeah, because of envy!". But no: half of the world(exageration) doesnt hate for your Burger Kings, but for the rain forest you destroy to feed the cows; neither for your cars or your military industry, but for the wars you start to get the first thing and to spend on the companies of the second.

All superpowers (Romans, German empire, Spain, Portugal, England,...) have used their suppremacy to invade, abuse, rob, etc. other countries... whats so great about being a superpower?

Forgot: the rest of us (First world countries) either support it, actively participate in it, or simply ignore it and let them get away with it.

This post has turned into something rather humorous. I mean both nations generalize about each other, we always have and we always will. Thats not going to change.

All I'll say is that America's arrogance that they are the Greatest Nation could end up being their downfall.

You didn't see 911 coming (Not intended to cause offence)

Whats Next?

Archived