would you buy and armalite if...  

192 members have voted

1. 1. would you buy and armalite if...

• America didn't use them as a primary asualt rifle
    • Everyone didnt have one
    • Some other country ued then as a primary asualt rifle
    • They looked better
    • They were more comfortable to use
    • I already did buy an armalite (please state why)

Random question: Why do we call them armalites? The military rilfes are made by Colt arnt they? Anyways, I like the look of the rifles and the amount of accesories is nice, though the only one I really see myself using is the m203 grenade launcher. The amount of replcment/upgrade parts for it is nice too. The airsoft store near my house wont even touch my famas because they do not carry parts for it. :(

I was planning on saving up for a CA M16a3, but now I want a sniper look and am planning on getting an m14. :)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
an AK-74 will fire at the enemy just as effectively without 5 pounds of junk tacked on to rails.

quoted for truth ;). Seriously though, if you want to use an Armalite because you like how it looks/feels/handles etc then I'm not going to argue. If you're using one because teh l33t ppl on C$ sed it were am b3$t gun and, then I'm a little more dubious. When you get people saying "if it's good enough for the strongest military in the history of blah blah blah then it's good enough for me" then I get a bit more het up :).

What will I have in my sig without a quote from spedz? :yikes:

Random question: Why do we call them armalites? The military rilfes are made by Colt arnt they?

The AR-15 design was invented by Eugen Stoner at the time he worked for Armalite Inc in the 1960s. Colt purcased the desing from Armalite later (they wanted to be a kind of think-tank, not a production company), so the Term Armalite isn't incorrect.

jesus, does it matter TMC?

no, of course it doesn't. If you want to impress all the real steel guys in the UK, then fine, but if you honestly couldn't care less, then so what?

sorry, but is it the heat? I'm noticing a LOT of threads at the moment that start off ok, normally asking a potentially, if you choose to construe it as such, controversial question, that normally ends in a rank pettiness on the part of people who REALLY have been around these boards long enough to know better.

Someone disagree with your point of view? let them,or challenge them with an intelligent argument that at least attempts to disprove some of their points, rather than the usual "yah, boo, you're so immature!" nonsense.

All I'm getting at the moment is a simmering level of sniping from people that I can just see building into a full-blown row. Stop it, the lot of you.

blimey, even I've got a shorter than usual fuse...

Back to the discussion:

I own an m15a4, but I'm selling it for financial reasons. However, although I frequently flirt with armalite-ownership (thats right TMC, I'm one of those guys who couldn't care less- I'll call a mag a clip if that'll help?).

I sort of like it. Would prefer an m15a2, but they appear to have stopped production of these for now.

I don't like armalites, however, for the following reasons-

I don't like my guns to look too 'affiliated'- meaning ANY gun/army/country. The fact that the Armalite is seen almost predominantly in the hands of certain very specific countries armies, that are commonly seen every day on the news, deters me- I feel the same about g36s, uzis and famas', before any of our more, um, passionately patriotic members want to jump to the conclusion that I don't like armalites cos I'm anti-american.

I'm defintately moving more towards retro-style guns too, like the g3 range, the AUG, the mp5 and the AK47 (thankfully in such wide circulation as to be practically non-affiliated. I don't mind the earlier 60s style armalites, and would consider a G&P m635 at some point...

ergonomics- just don't get on with them. Think I got spoiled by my old AUG though, to be honest...nothing feels as comfy to me as one of those things, so come on CA and make one!

I already own one, bought it because I was after a full metal gun with a mag capacity of over 200 rounds that fitted into British Army web stlye web gear.

Liked the look of the A2 carbine, bought and loved it since.

It feels right in my hands and in my honest opinion looks cool.

People in the realsteel community will laugh at you if you call an AR-15 rifle an "armalite"... trust me on this one. ;)

I usually use the Term AR15 for the AR15 :P

But we're in Airsoft, not in Realsteel so I can live with people calling theAR15 an Armalite...

ergonomics- just don't get on with them. Think I got spoiled by my old AUG though, to be honest...nothing feels as comfy to me as one of those things, so come on CA and make one!

Good point

I also think how well somebody feels with a gun depends on which gun he's accustomed to. If you've used a specific design for a long time you'll automatically prefer this design over others.

OK, I'm making a good point here:

John: "does your team use a standard weapon?"

Rocco: "Not really, but they're all armalite varients. Some of us use M4's and some use M16s."

So my point is that it's called "varient" as in, it's not the same, it is a variation of "this" (armalite) concept.

So when I tell people my M4a1 is an armalite varient, I am very correct. Because I said VARIENT. As in it varies.

And for all of you that refuse to call your ICS M4's "armalites", you'd better stop calling your ICS SW-5's MP5s too. They have Special Weapons Inc. markings. Making them SW-5s. Not MP5s. MP5s are made by HK. ("so why isn't it HK-5?" because it was the HK94 before being named the MP5 by german police).

My point is this: Who Cares!?! So you call it a colt, or an M4, or an M15a4, or an armalite, or whatever.... so what? I call mine Jessica. Because it's her name.

Aaron

<_<

ghost rider- ahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!

nice one centurion :D

Now, asits degenerated into silliness, can we stop the whole "nyuh, my lexicon of habitual terminology regarding my collection of toy guns is factually more correct and in-line with current military parlance than yours" :geek: rubbish? please? keep it fun and nerd-free, please

you bunch of trekkies... :)

It am boomstick. point pointy bit at bad guy, pull trigger, make um go bang.

and to unimatrix- definately. I think my AUG has been the longest owned AEG I've had, and though I always sort of craved something I could bolt more things to, it's ergonomics just fitted me so well, and the balance of the thing when its against your shoulder was just phenomonal

armalites I've rarely kept for very long. I buy them, think "ooh, very nice, what shall I do to it?" and then give up.

its a bit like losing a great girl and replacing her with a string of pretty looking floosies- sure, they fill a niche, but they ain't ever going to make me think "time to call the padre and rumble up some cucumber sandwiches."

I guess I bought one right out of the gate because that's the real steel I have always carried. Not very original but I am used to it.

Of course I have now found that I like the options in Airsoft and am starting to get new ones.

Funny how stress takes you back to your roots....

The SR16 is easy to handle without thought. Everything is just where I expect it to be.

Archived