MG36,SL9,XM8 "Custom" pics

hmm it looks quite nice with the kinda navy receiver actaully.  IMHO that is.

so flame me for it all you like!

so which parts from a g36c do you need for the sl9 conversion as ive been looking into it for a long time?

love sl9s!

and that looks like my grandads house cept the leather and the sl9! :huh:

but looks ace!

The SL9 conversion kit from a company called "STAR". They charge $248 for the SL9 conversion kit and $250 for the SL8.

The installation is somewhat simple if you have worked on your gun a bit.

~P

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a really great looking Xm8 there AustinWolv! What do you think of the red dot?

Red dot makes the gun usable IMO. I didn't like it at all with the fake sight housing, as you had to look around the gun to see where you are shooting. Now it fits ergonomically awesome, very comfortable to shoot. The red dot itself is pretty nice....multiple types of reticules, a number of brightness settings, and you can choose between red or green reticules.

Red dot makes the gun usable IMO.  I didn't like it at all with the fake sight housing, as you had to look around the gun to see where you are shooting.  Now it fits ergonomically awesome, very comfortable to shoot.  The red dot itself is pretty nice....multiple types of reticules, a number of brightness settings, and you can choose between red or green reticules.

Which Bushnell model is it? Trophy 1 x 30?

How easy was the installation?

Cheers

Rory

Pretty easy to find, relatively speaking. However, they are quite expensive. Little overkill for airsoft use if you ask me, better to just get an EOTech if you have that kind of money to spend.

Available here, though out of stock currently:

http://www.calssportingarmory.com/HK%20G36%20Accessories.htm

And here's the dual optic with 1.5x:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/219546.html

Which Bushnell model is it? Trophy 1 x 30?

How easy was the installation?

Cheers

Rory

Pretty sure it was this one: http://www.peepsun.com/73-0134.html

Installation was......tedious. Would have been pretty easy given the right equipment, but all I have at home to remove material is a Dremel tool. Took a lot of cutting on the thicker portion of the Bushnell housing to get it down to size to fit in the XM8 sight housing, plus removing some material from the inside of the XM8 sight housing. Fitting it in otherwise was pretty easy. Just marked where the dials needed to exit and cut holes big enough. Used the front bracket portion of the fake sight lens that fits into the housing as a holding "guide"......it too had to have the hole in it enlarged to fit around the tube of the reddot sight. The rear end of the tube fit perfectly in the existing rear hole of the XM8 sight housing.

Because of the Dremeling on the sight and test-fitting it in the housing, it took the better part of two nights to complete. But once in, fit great and works great.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if the Metal cocking handle they sell for the G36c is good? I think its by either Classic army or G&P. Not sure.

All I know is that it really ###### me off that it feels so plasticky.

Also, I have officially field stripped my G36c for the 10th time. WooT.

I know my gun inside and out ( haven't taken Gearbox apart yet. Don't want to ruin any chance I have of upgrading it. I haven't taken apart a V3 yet and am a little apprehensive about it.)

~P

The Pink gun and cammo are too much! I especially like the "Hello Kitty" name tag and Kitty logo on his sleeve. A nice contrast to the Flecktarn, digicammo, DPM, Treebark Ninja uniforms with SuperCommandoSWATdeltaSASsealteamRangerSPECOPSsocom stuff all over them.