Your most pointless gear purchases?

HaVoC

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my most pointless gear purchase?

us choc chip camo: i dont wear desert camo

replica pasgt helmet: doesnt fit properly and the chin strap is made of sandpaper or something.

Bianchi M13 chest harness in black: converts the M12 holster to a chest/shoulder holster. you cant wear it with webbing so its useless on the skirmish field.

Arktis split chest rig, can't find a single use for it with it's big, flappy ammo pouches and utility pouches that are too high up to acces easily.  Piece of utter poo.

Darkchild

At one point I almost bought one of these. I was very thankful that I didn't after airsofting a bit and realizing how useless those pouches would be. The whole layout is just awkward.

owning 5 real ACH helmets :) the good thing is though that i have them all with different covers. 1 ACU, 1 WC, 1 DC, 1 MARPAT, 1 MARPAT DESERT :) hehe Now I need 2 more. 1 normal green and 1 painted tan :)

I wish I owned that many real ACH helmets. I can sort of see why you would have that many. Changing helmet covers on it is such a drag...

I recommend you all sign up for the military, then when you get out, you can look at all your real gear and think...."I spent X years in the military just so I could get gear for airsoft?"

Actually, it was only like 6 months into airsoft that I thought, "Hey, I have all that gear from when I went to the special place where everone dressed the same and the food was horrible!!"

Just kidding, I was usually too hungry to notice how truly horrible the food was.

Just as an aside, I've never worn my old BDU's and stuff playing airsoft. Why? Because it seemed silly. Another reason? I was afraid to be caught by other veterans. I was a military intelligence officer. Theory being, if the real life situation ever arose where myself and the other intel weenies were taking line positions, there is something VERY wrong. Like, the entire infantry divsion or the armored division was comepletely decimated or overrun. The Army isn't (theoretically) dumb, college grad weenies like me are better suited peering over satellite photos and theorizing on enemy intent and strategy.

I recommend you all sign up for the military, then when you get out, you can look at all your real gear and think...."I spent X years in the military just so I could get gear for airsoft?"

Actually, it was only like 6 months into airsoft that I thought, "Hey, I have all that gear from when I went to the special place where everone dressed the same and the food was horrible!!"

Just kidding, I was usually too hungry to notice how truly horrible the food was.

Just as an aside, I've never worn my old BDU's and stuff playing airsoft.  Why?  Because it seemed silly.  Another reason?  I was afraid to be caught by other veterans.  I was a military intelligence officer.  Theory being, if the real life situation ever arose where myself and the other intel weenies were taking line positions, there is something VERY wrong.  Like, the entire infantry divsion or the armored division was comepletely decimated or overrun.  The Army isn't (theoretically) dumb, college grad weenies like me are better suited peering over satellite photos and theorizing on enemy intent and strategy.

But regardless of what you did, you still served your country and should be able to wear your uniform in pride...

(Replica) MICH helmet, (replica)Multicam BDUs and multicam PASGT helmet cover (When i own a MICH helmet), ACU RACK with no pouches, German webbing buckel with logo, whats the point, the normal ones good enough and no ones going to notice it

SOE gear rigers belt- stiff part is a solid 10 inches to long

HSGI warlord V4- admin pouch zippers stick, OD gear dosent go with our current load out( DPM).Also cost a lot more than a 2 piece Xmav.

PM me if your intrested in either.

KM3

• 1 month later...
SOE gear rigers belt- stiff part is a solid 10 inches to long

HSGI warlord V4- admin pouch zippers stick, OD gear dosent go with our current load out( DPM).Also cost a lot more than a 2 piece Xmav.

PM me if your intrested in either.

KM3

Send me the belt and I'll cut it down for you so it fits.

John Willis

www.realsoegear.com

Archived