Your most pointless gear purchases?

HaVoC

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually I only buy the things i'll need. So i spose I thought i'd need it in a skirmish...

I bought a water bottle with belt holder. Thinking about it now i don't know how I could have worn it in a skirmish, since all my mag pouches, a dump pouch and drop-leg holster are attached to it. But i did use it on D of E gold...so it can't all be bad :P just not useful for skirmishing.

H&K

If you wear your MICH to the next Fort Ord match that uses BDUs, I'll break out my upgraded K-Pot. :D Most useless $130 I've ever spent.

Lol I'll let you know, i see people wear 'em to ORD games, I can't understand why, they're hot as all hell. And heavy, if my life depended on 'em, sure. Not for games. Pointless puchase.

Lol I'll let you know, i see people wear 'em to ORD games, I can't understand why, they're hot as all hell. And heavy, if my life depended on 'em, sure. Not for games. Pointless puchase.

That's why the MICH made my top worst purchases. It seemed so cool at the time, but I was gearing up one day and after putting on the MICH, I didn't make it to the kitchen before I realized what a poor idea it was. The weight is really not to be discounted. There's a reason why PMCs don't go near 'em.

That's why the MICH made my top worst purchases.  It seemed so cool at the time, but I was gearing up one day and after putting on the MICH, I didn't make it to the kitchen before I realized what a poor idea it was.  The weight is really not to be discounted.  There's a reason why PMCs don't go near 'em.

Agreed, totally agreed. I'll say this, awesome photo prop and looks wicked cool, TOTALLY pointless. Absolutely pointless in an airsoft game, restricts comfort of aiming, and all that good stuff. I have it along with my Liberator IIs on a glass head manequin here on my desk at work, it looks cool, but I'll wear the Liberator IIs, but the MICH is just dead friggin weight.

I think the general consensus is that these look cool, but not much else.

depends on the replica. I actually found, the cheapo plasticky 20 dollar ones to be quite comfortable because it was light weight.

However, some of us bought the olka/ba ones, which are as heavy as the real deal, or heavier. These repo's look the shiznit, but you do pay a weight penalty

my raplica PASGT is currently in this category cos I bought it a few months back, but haven't has a cover to match my Irish gear... jsut a flacttarn cover... but I'll be back in flekies forthe winter, so it'll be used then! ;)

also have the rubber M9...

a blue UN beret for my Irish loadout.. cos I'm really gonna wear that skirmishing... yup... honest...

*albartroth*, it gave me an error but still managed to make my post.

A second thing would be the Bulle duty belt I got. It's fine... except it's too big for all my trouser belt loops. I'm not sure if there's meant to be anything special about duty belts that I missed but for now it's wasted money.

Archived