Your most pointless gear purchases?

HaVoC

You want it? 'Course.

You buying it? 'Course.

You need it? 'Course not.

We've all done it. Impulse buying is great - just think of how good it feels to just buy things.

Usually stuff we don't actually need.

For example, at the moment, I need a comms headset. I've been looking at a Bowman PRR headset (£80 or more with rewiring and PTT), and a Talking Headsets WHISPER 4000 headset (£35 plus VAT and P&P).

I received £50 from some relatives this morning, so I decided to spend it.

On this:

nvg1copy.jpg

Why? Because it looks cool, and I want one.

I want to know about stuff you've bought for no apparent reason, and then attempted to justify by 'it looks cool' or by faking your bank statement before your partner reads it.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i brought some gore-tex inner socks to keep my feet dry.

i have NEVER worn them (if you want to keep your feet dry, let me know ;) )

i also brought a South African Camo top, and again have NEVER worn it, in fact i think i am now gonna go put it up for sale.

as things go though, my pathetic financial situation, and my love of spending money on stuff other than airsoft means i rarely buy stuff i dont need.

I bought an OD ripstop BDU jacket. TMC saw me wearing it at AG05. It was the beginning of an all-olive loadout that never happened. My Arktis Hump has seen approximately 1 minute of action before I ditched it as well. Didn't like it at all.

I was looking at getting an NVG mount for my Mk6 as well. That would have been purely for show of course :P

My only vice I'm afraid. Got 3 of the things now :D Pic link to the item? Us addictsd need to stick together ;)

It's actually my _only_ excessive gear purchase, I'm remarkably restrained considering my copious drooling while browsing webshops. :P

http://www.mamut.com/homepages/Norway/1/18/nfm/subdet45.htm

(It doesn't have those pouches, it's modular) I was thinking of buying a norwegian BDU, but it just didn't come to it. Now I'm done with the gear buying. I have an LBV in perfect working order. NO MORE! :waggle:

As if I'll be able to heed my own advice. Sigh.

SDS M4 direct action pouches I guess. Bought them because Entrygear didn't have the SDS M4 CQB pouches in stock, and then as soon as they arrived I bought some SDS M4 CQB pouches from supplycaptain. Never used em the DA pouches and I'm still try'na shift em :(

might have those pouches off you mate sometime all depends if i get my new vest.

most pointless bit of kit i have EVER bought would have to be my US boonie hat...i have a dpm boonie so why i need another?

also my carabiners (sp?) they cant be used for climbing so why have like 10 of them on my vest ?

Archived