S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Impressions.

Samm

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bloody hell that looks sweet! where did you find the derelict building to snap those in?

loving the gorka too! whats the armour your wearing tho? that suits really well (i must have it!)

also whats the large drop pouch on your right leg too?

hehe

pete

The weapon is inappropriate, but i had the same general reaction thinking it was stalkerish. Its a "im going for a long as hell walk and doing it hobo style" look that does it

It seems to me that people aren't used to seeing non molle gear :P

Looks like us woodland with alice and a woodland lbv, nothing really hobo about it all, in my opinion.

Melonfish,

This is an old 60's underground NATO radar base here in France. You can check pictures I've taken when I ... ahem... visited it. Defininitly NOT the place to skirmish :D

Concerning my kit list, here we go :

Gorka S

GP-7V gasmask

Phantom MOLLE armored vest

Phantom duty belt

Phantom drop pouch

Guarder leg bag (perfect fit for my GP-7V)

Magnum Classic

Green kevlar work gloves (to be replaced)

Oh... and custom build Inokatsu AK103 with POSP 4x24V and G&P GP25 :)

Melonfish,

This is an old 60's underground NATO radar base here in France. You can check pictures I've taken when I ... ahem... visited it. Defininitly NOT the place to skirmish :D

Concerning my kit list, here we go :

Gorka S

GP-7V gasmask

Phantom MOLLE armored vest

Phantom duty belt

Phantom drop pouch

Guarder leg bag (perfect fit for my GP-7V)

Magnum Classic

Green kevlar work gloves (to be replaced)

Oh... and custom build Inokatsu AK103 with POSP 4x24V and G&P GP25 :)

spot on lovecraft!

i'll look into that molle armoured vest and drop kit, it should go with my Gorka-E, but you have quite realisticaly (i think anyway) re-created the soldier loadout in stalker. well done!

pete

Personally, i'm going for the "Stalker on the cheap" look:

-Green parka or german army jacket

-Green trousers, i'm jusing British lightweights

-Russian/Soviet gas mask

-Webbing- i've got pattern 58, but i'd rather use something soviet

-Kalashnikov 100 series. I've got a 105

-Black boots

If I go for it properly (i.e I skirmish with it then expand upon it) I'll add radiation badges etc.

I'll get picks up when I figure out how to take pics of myself

-matt

It seems to me that people aren't used to seeing non molle gear :P

Looks like us woodland with alice and a woodland lbv, nothing really hobo about it all, in my opinion.

Hey i got the same stuff too,

the hood made the look for me.

As promised...........

Please forgive my useless picture editing skills, I am improving (albeit slowly), and the fact I had to use a mirror (no-one else around)

Enjoy,

matt

Looking good, I would suggest some heavy weight gloves though too.

Definately right about the gloves, I was thinking Northern ireland gloves, or fingerless wool ones.

I'm beginning to like this idea more and more, so I'm thinking about getting my groza project back on track (cancelled due to lack of funding)

Not sure about the massive hands, it is a bit random - although I never noticed when I was playing.

-matt

P.S- I'm going with no, but are the lenses in the gas masks strong enough to stop bb's? Also, are the filters dangerous? I've heard rumours about asbestos.

yeah i thought about using gloves...maybe next time...

i have enough AK´s at home...i wanted to go more special and the carbine doesn't fit at all

my thoughts where that a stalker on tight budget will use whatever he can get in trades and so on...

i used a jugo mask, thats what i have home for now..

like i said, i quickly searched up some gear that looked ok for this...

Howdy,

I've been thinking about using my loadout some time soon, so I decided to test my eye protection (my russian gas mask) for bb proofness. I fired single shot and burts from my fn fal (320fps) and my new maruzen scorpion (on green gas, fps unkown as of yet) here are my results:

hpim2463gb7.jpg

as you can see, the leneses failed catastrophically. This was at uk power levels, some of the lowest around. The lenses are made from glass, and exploded when I fired the shot (interestingly, they withstood about 30rds from my fal before a single scorpion shot broke them. must get my scirpion chronoe'd). I'm sure some of you were aware of this, but many of you won't be, so under no circumstances use these masks for airsofting without replacing the lenses with polycarbonate ones. They are 2mm thick. The diameter is 65mm. There is a piece of rubber that appears to be attached the lense (when you remove it) but this can be prized off with a penknife.

Do any of the new (russian) gas masks have plastic lenses that would be suitable for airsofting? I need a new mask now for some reason :P

Moving onto lighter matters, do you think the old british olive green nbc suits would look good? There are plenty on ebay atm for cheap. Also, I'm goping to get screenshots of as much odf the game as I can for your refrence.

Cheers,

matt

Aye anyone skirmishing with a gas mask (the only ones I've see are British S10s) have replaced the lenses. Far too dangerous to leave them as glass!

Really not that difficult to replace on an S10 but I've never taken one of those Russian ones apart. Shouldn't be too difficult?

I just did it. You have to:

Prize open just over 50% of the metal tabs on the oustide of the mask, then slide it off.

Remove the rubber bits. There just held on by tension, so just peel them back.

There will be one last rubber ring around the outside of the lense. It's either glued or melted, I can't tell which, just carefully prize it off with a sharp (but not very) penknife.

I'll do a tutorial when I get a new mask. In hindsight, I should have removed the lenses before shooting them.

The lense dimensions are: 2mm thick, 65mm diameter. Get them made from polycarbonate and your laughing. I see no reason why the mask should stop functioning either.

-matt

p.s my question still remains, are the chemicals in the filter dangerous, I know it's ironic but his is soviet safety we're taling about :D

Archived