Walther Picture Thread

H&K USP Compact. Compact Tactical if he needs to be fitting a suppressor. That's a right classy little handgun.

It really, really isn't. It is a blocky modern gun, not that of a Glock but it is not the bumpy, stippled uniqueness of the P99 and PPS or the classic 30's lines of the PPK. :P

Plus it is more a Jack Bauer gun, rugged and functional with no real character, an issue pistol. Bond needs something a bit more personal, hence signature grips.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Detonics (lol). Always liked my real steel MC1 and kick myself for letting it go. Still, I've always had a thing for that Walther PPK and PPKS and while I was kind of happy to see Bond go to the P5 in a couple of movies, I always thought the P99 was "just not right".

Nice to see the PPK/S back again.

Nice to see the PPK/S back again.

Back again? This is the first time they have featured the \S version to my knowledge. Though the P5 in Octopussy was cool (don't count the appearence in Never Say Never Again as it isn't official).

Though oddly the Detonics is not a bad suggestion, it is classic and made from an older design while remaining compac an better than giving him a plastic / metal slab with no features like a Kahr or Glock, just the calibre would be wrong for Bond, needs to be a common Euro caliber like 9mm, 9mm Short or 7.65mm.

'FireKnife'

Nah needs to be small and compact with a classic or cool look.

PPS?

Although the reason why I think Walther put the PPK/S in the new film would be to boost sales in response to Smith & Wesson's decision to stop distributing them in the US. They could have used the PPS, but for what it's worth is eclipsed by other brands.

Maybe by Maruzen? Though what i found odd was that they made a PPK/S for there PPK variant, a gun that, up until now, Bond has never used, unless it was a stand in. As most filming was done not in the US it was easy for the UK based armourers to get a current production PPK for Bond's pistol.

Ah weel, at least he hasn't been given a M1903, VP-70 or an ASP like in the Non-Ian Felming books, none of which really scream 'Bond' to me, more Bourne or Bauer.

'FireKnife'

I think Roger Moore handed over a PPK/s when captured in Live and Let Die. It's barrel was crushed by the bad guy with the claw arm and given back to him and he neatly drops it into a trash can. I could be wrong as it has been years since I've seen the movie.

As for the Detonics, I believe there were some versions made in 9mm and .38 Super (muzzle blast on this must have been awesome), but only a handfull.

I always liked the old ASP conversion of the S&W M39. Sleek and smart looking with that unusual gutter-snipe sight and teflon coating. There was another company called Devel that did the same kind of work on the M59.

Ahh the classics.

I think Roger Moore handed over a PPK/s when captured in Live and Let Die. It's barrel was crushed by the bad guy with the claw arm and given back to him and he neatly drops it into a trash can. I could be wrong as it has been years since I've seen the movie.

Quick check on IMFDB shows it up as a regular PPK, not an S :P

Though the ASP looks better than a Glock or any other little plain 9mm, it just doesn't seem Bond-like.

'FireKnife'

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, and sounding louder than ever :)

And the new Q looks like Moss from the IT Crowd ;)

I'm sure there must be some kind of behind the scenes deal with Walther - maybe not !

You want loud, see The Expendables 2 when they fire 1911s :P

Sort of, looks more like young Cilian Murphy to me (i.e. British looking douche).

Probably, heard something about failing US or EU sales so they may be trying to rejuvinate them, why bother though, just let it go and sell the new weapons, next thing they will be trying to get people to buy new P38's ;)

'FireKnife'

Jazzed up P38s with green LEDs on grip,

It's possible ;)

No, just no. :P

Leave the classics be, next you will be seeing Lugers with long mags, full auto and synthetic stocks.

Anyway lets leave this to pics, always have a PM system we could use :P

'FireKnife'

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Owner of these is looking at a PPK next.

Had them in for a service and fix up,  thought i would share the love with the Walther thread.

All been in storage for well over a year,  all been used hard and played, knocked and dropped,  last outing the dodgey batch of zero one green gas was used and the two GBB's just both stopped working,  all gunged up internally.

See if i could get them going again.

Maruzen P99 fixed slide, with silencer rather elegant piece to use,  lightweight, compact, trigger pull is lighter than a TM MK23,  a fraction of the size maybe not as playable,  but for for shorter range useage a very nice pistol indeed,  was impressed (and put in dibs if owner wants to sell)  doing around 310fps at room temp

Maruzen P99 compact,  with compact mag.  Slide cracked around recoil guide rod,  made a new steel face plate and bonded on,  fully working after a deep clean and lube up,  although on borrowed time due to slide.  Small mag, low pressure doing 220fps

Maruzen P99 compact,  with standard mag and grip extender,  deep clean and relube,  at room temp doing around 250fps

And 2x40rd mags.  All needed attention for sticky valves and slight leaks.  Owners requirements are only for short range useage,  out to 10meters mostly, 15-20 max.

They all live and get and to play again.

Thought the group photo would go nicely here :)

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...