Let me introduce you to a personal friend of mine.

The M-41A Pulse Rifle, with over and under machine guns and a pump-action grenade launcher. Feel the weight.

m41a-front.jpg

m41a-left.jpg

m41a-right.jpg

Views all around it.

m41a-launcher.jpg

Close up on the M40 grenade launcher, with dummy shell inside.

m41a-fireselector.jpg

The fire selector - I assume this is what the M1A1 Thompson fire selector is like also, as it'd be pretty difficult to make up a new one.

m41a-ammocounter00.jpg

The LED ammo counter that counts down as you fire. It starts off at 00, but whack a magazine in and:

m41a-ammocounter95.jpg

It shoots up to 95. Not 99 - which is good and true to the film - although it could just be that they are supposed to go up to 99 and the mags in the film were a few rounds short ;)

m41a-top.jpg

Now for a couple of questions:

This is a custom gun built by Zero One Airsoft. It's build quality is great, and I love it. Well worth the money to a fan. When I get it all going and can do a proper review I'll be sure to do so :)

BUT: How do I get the sodding battery in? Anyone know? I just can't seem to find a place for it - there is a battery connector in the back by the stock, but I can't slide the stock out any more (I could this morning, but now it's stuck in the "fully closed" position).

So, how do I pull out the stock and how do I get the battery in?!? ;)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

xRAZERx: Nah, they're 190rd M1A1 hicaps. I can't see how the counter goes down without getting the battery in, so I don't know whether it counts down every shot or just every 2 to sort of even it out.

Lance Jackass: It is indeed an S95 dessie shirt ;) Bought it last week on a whim as I happened to stop by the army surplus stall at the local market.

Don't think it takes an external battery, it'd look very odd. Dunno though.

this may or may not help..

Looks like I gotta figure out how to extend the stock then. Hmm... any ideas?

I've tried pushing in everything around that area and it just won't budge.

*goes off to play AvP2*

*realises he doesn't have it*

Tsk... why on Earth not?!?! ;) I hope to Christ you've got the original AvP, at the very least! ;)

Edited by gazchap

I think the barrel of the grenade launcher screws off for a stick bat...

you'd think with that much room they could at least fit a large <_<...

Very pretty though, shame they couldn't use something that looks like an actual M40 grenade...

I'm wondering if anyone will ever make a smart gun... Wouldn't mind one of those :D.

Alex "Col Sanders"

1) Kill Gazchap

2) Steal gun.

3) Erm.....that's pretty much it, actually. ;)

Heheh... I'd like to see you try ;)

Actually... scratch that, I'm about as useful as a chocolate teapot in a fight. Run away!!!

I've got the battery in now, I just had to lever up the front of the launcher with a couple of flat bladed screwdrivers. I didn't scratch it at all, which was a surprise.

It's not very easy to aim at small targets, the "ironsights" in the carry handle aren't very accurate so you gotta shoot it from the hip ;)

The counter counts down on every shot and resets to 95 when it reaches 00 and you fire again, so it's still quite useful to judge how much ammo you have left in the 190rd mag.

Presumably M1A1 standard/midcaps exist and will work, and if there's a 100 round midcap then that's fantastic :D

The M41a magazine holds 99 rounds of 10mm caseless ammo.

If you're a smart marine you only load it with 95 rounds rather than 99, though, to avoid jams.

Is that in the M41A manual you told me about earlier? I haven't actually read through most of the technical manual - it took me so long to get hold of a copy I virtually put it straight in shrink wrapping and put it in my box of Alien-related stuff ;)

Makes sense though. Would have been great in AvP(2) if the gun jammed occasionally - magazines started off at 99 in those games didn't they?

Edited by gazchap

Gaz, you utter diamond/git. Does it take stick batteries in the end then, or a large 'un?

Glad someone got one and has shared the knowledge, did you have to reroute the battery wires from the stock into the shotgun cavity or did I misread that bit?

Gaz, you utter diamond/git.  Does it take stick batteries in the end then, or a large 'un?

Glad someone got one and has shared the knowledge, did you have to reroute the battery wires from the stock into the shotgun cavity or did I misread that bit?

It takes a stick battery, so battery life will be an issue in a skirmish. Which makes it just as well that this thing isn't going anywhere near a skirmish environment ;)

Nah, CplHicks pointed out to me that the battery wires in the stock are probably just the ones left over from the M1A1 that the gun is based on. The battery slides into the launcher from the front.

CplHicks gave me this link which shows you how to get into the battery compartment. It's not quite as easy to get the cover out to spin it around, but it works.