You might be a geardo/gear queer if...

HaVoC

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you insist on wearing boots to your anaversiary dinner as well as your comms gear...

you also insist on wearing full tactical gear and comms as well as a weapon when you clean out the shed...you know in case of spiders and all that...

... when you look at war pictures (from Iraq for example) and are able to spot what gear the soldiers bought themselves and what's issue gear. Regardless of the nationality.

... when you move pockets and make other alterations to your BDU's even though you wear them at work etc., not in skirmishes.

-When you carry your cellphone in a pistol mag pouch - one on your belt and one on the shoulder straps of you maxpedition backpack (seriously, it's way better than any normal cell-phone pouches).

-When you have to decide which camelback to put in your backpack every time the GF wants you to go anywhere.

-When "MOLLE compatibility" is the most important feature for any and all out-door purchases.

-When you carry your cellphone in a pistol mag pouch - one on your belt and one on the shoulder straps of you maxpedition backpack (seriously, it's way better than any normal cell-phone pouches).

I used to keep my cell phone in a shoulder holster when I was in highschool. That didn't go over well.

Aaron

You might be a geardo if :

You have 4 molle vests, but still get new stuff for your LBE harness, cus you might need it sometime.

You carry one or two duffle bags to a game with only tac gear, cus your gonna decide on your loadout after "you check the lay of the land and opponents strength"

You can simulate the loadout of pretty much every NATO country.

You know the precise amount of mags from which AEG series will fit in which tacgear companies pouches, and which ones are magpul compatible

You know the precise MOLLE/PALS webbing spacing etc. numbers.In metric and imperial.

You know exactly how many channels and rows of every large size tacgar producers mag , GP and utility pouches will take up.

You start long complicated discussions on whether a piece is more Khaki than Tan or Coyote Brown.

You start making your own gear with your moms sewing machine, cus nobody makes exactly what you are looking for.

If mid size gear stores know your address and name off by heart.

If larger gear stores start telling you that it might be better to open a resellers account for you.

You might be a geardo if :

<snip>

You start making your own gear with your moms sewing machine, cus nobody makes exactly what you are looking for.

<snip>

Except it's my sewing machine and I'm buying a new industrial one after christmas because the current one's not strong enough. Also have trade accounts with suppliers of ITW Nexus buckles, ladderlocs, NATO ammo pouch closures, OD webbing and elastic as well as mesh, DPM and desert cordura.

"

Except it's my sewing machine and I'm buying a new industrial one after christmas because the current one's not strong enough. Also have trade accounts with suppliers of ITW Nexus buckles, ladderlocs, NATO ammo pouch closures, OD webbing and elastic as well as mesh, DPM and desert cordura.

"

Nice, what are you planning on making exactly?

A normal lineup of pouches or vests and other high speed gear ?

"

"

Nice, what are you planning on making exactly?

A normal lineup of pouches or vests and other high speed gear ?

Will be starting with pouches because BHI don't do pouches in DPM/Desert unless you order 50. I made a chalker sling adapter for Agent47 a while back, similar to this one for my M4, which was an adaptation of the L85 sling. Generally, I haven't had the money to buy the kit that I need so I've had to learn to make what I want.

Archived