DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah i got bored so thought i'd "modernise" a 95 shirt.

Now bear in mind im no sewing expert and dont own a sewing machine, so this is nothing special.(i cut my face out cos im pulling a daft face)

RAIDshirt.jpg

RAIDshirt3.jpg

RAIDshirt2.jpg

I cut the buttons off the front and replaced them with velcro strips to make it more body armour friendly.

I replaced the cuff buttons with velcro

I cut off the chest pockets, resized them to fit a small size waterproof ortlieb bag (which is what i keep my notebook in) and sewed them onto the sleeves, replacing the buttons with velcro also.

And i put a little velcro square on one of the pockets so i can stick silly patches on when airsofting:)

Its scruffy but the stitching is V tough, so im happy with it.

Darkchild

And nice job on getting the Children of Men camo by the way, I look forward to seeing some pics of the "normal" loadout.

...as promised:

0007rs800600.jpg

...and a good day out it was too.

:D

Edit to add:

More photo's of this set uploaded onto the "Pics Of Your Loadout." thread here on "Kit & Loadouts" if anyone's interested.

Edited by Joshua_Rose
Not only the trousers ;)

He's proffesional, so uses the gear of Auntie Beatrix most of the time.

We let him be in the picture because he has a SA80, and he knows 36 ways to kill someone with his little pinky :aggressive:

Lol i know 38 ways, only joking. The set ups look great guys, and its a DPM thread any ways not soley a British DPM Thread. so Dutch DPM is welcome here any ways. I would like to see more Dutch setups (as i have the Dutch LBV and want to see how others set it up with the pouches etc)

Grim

Edited by Grim

Wildcard

Take the card and ear flaps out of your guys C.r.AP hats.

Its pretty much well done, hardly anyone wears them as is past phase 1 training in the parachute regiment.

One you've taken all the stiffening bits out, stitch the brim to the crown like this.

DSC00165.jpg

Recce.jpg

Patrolorderrear-1.jpg

CNV00023.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

no offence Grim,

but the stitching to your hat looks totally gay. i like the look of our cap, yeah the earflaps look awefull, thank god our dutchies have a standaard fieldcap in DPM, without hard parts of earflappy thingies :P

you've got a dutch LBV ? ######, i'm looking to sell mine *shameless plug* :P

Quick question to folks...

Anyone stumbled across any Brit forces in Iraq/Afghanistan using Osprey body armour and also the old Clansman radio system? It's a long shot I know. I'm a bit of a ###### when it comes to getting things spot on, but Bowman stuff is in rather short supply on the surplus market, and Ebay doesn't have what I'm specifically after Bowman-wise.

no offence Grim,

but the stitching to your hat looks totally gay. i like the look of our cap, yeah the earflaps look awefull, thank god our dutchies have a standaard fieldcap in DPM, without hard parts of earflappy thingies :P

grim wouldn't be seen dead wearing a Cr@p Hat. even when he was on selection with the TA i never saw him with one. hes a Boonie man.

Quick question to folks...

Anyone stumbled across any Brit forces in Iraq/Afghanistan using Osprey body armour and also the old Clansman radio system? It's a long shot I know. I'm a bit of a ###### when it comes to getting things spot on, but Bowman stuff is in rather short supply on the surplus market, and Ebay doesn't have what I'm specifically after Bowman-wise.

i haven't seen any pics of the SAS using the Osprey, i presume its too bulky for there role, but then again there isn't any evidence to say it hasn't been used, just as there isn't any to say it has.

I'm not that clued up on Com's, hope this helps.

bh034gj9.jpg

(reference from misfit)

no offence Grim,

Dutch field cap ftw!

I always wear mine, on pretty much every skirmish.

@tom lawson: where did you get a DPM UBACS from? ive been looking for one for ages!

Darkchild

Edited by darkchild130
i haven't seen any pics of the SAS using the Osprey, i presume its too bulky for there role, but then again there isn't any evidence to say it hasn't been used, just as there isn't any to say it has.

I'm not that clued up on Com's, hope this helps.

(reference from misfit)

He didnt say anything about SAS....

I'm pretty sure clansman has been all but phased out now, only people i have seen using it are OTC cadets, but not having deployed i couldnt comment about use along side the osprey