DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

while we're on the topic on kit, don't suppose anyone knows where i can get my hands on an osprey neck protector and shoulder covers (not too bothered about these) pm me if you know cheers

its also in the uk wanted camo and gear section

cheers

I think it would look better with the proper helmet netting isntead of scrim. heres my para lid:

image050xs1.th.jpg

Want a better bit of rubber for it, as that one is a homeade ###### one. Was thinking about using an NBC boot but they're expensive jsut to hack apart for the rubber.

Here somre more pictures of me posing around the house:

image034ft6.th.jpg

image023xy8.th.jpg

Me and my housemate posing, he's slowly getting his black kit together.

image048hk8.th.jpg

Sorry about the quality, the camera man and camera are a bit ######. There beret in the last one was what my old team wanted, then I went too uni.

I hope it all looks acceptable, porbablly some bits missed, or overlooked.

Thanks

Hite

p.s. i realise now that my finger is on the trigger..oops :-p

edit: just realised my collar is all over the place on my jacket... thats what i get for taking pictures at 2am

Edited by Hite

Theres different ways of doing it. i used to attach a keyring loop to the rear point on the helmet chinstrap and attach a small caribeena to my webbing then attach the helmet that way. theres plenty of different points on the Mk6 and on the PLCE webbing that u can put a keyring loop and caribeena on for your own personal preference on where on ur hip you want to put the helmet.

Grim

Edited by Grim

Bah! Looks good anyway!

Have you got the Osprey lined though or is it empty? Looks a tad ruffled around the pit.

While we're on the topic of helmets though, just picked up an 'outsize' Para helmet last night. Doesn't fit me though, so there goes my quest for the Para helmet :(

DSC05735.jpg

Do you guys fill the soft armour sections of your osprey or do you leave it as is? Also would it be considered sinful to use acu pouches as a temp measure on my osprey as i thought it might be fitting as nicked kit from the yanks lol just untill i get the moolah for some dessie pouches

I havnt filled mine with the soft armour yet, wouldnt mind doing so though but would need the correct filler, i cant see a problem with using ACU pouches as i suppose its use whats available or what suits you. I have seen guys using nothing but tan or OD molle pouches probably because they prefer them i even have 2 tan US pouches on mine and i plan on replacing the issue ammo pouches with the on patrol shingles.

Grim

I haven't seen any ACU pouches on the Osprey's yet...more of the Coyote and tan ones though.

I did fill my softarmour section though, first thing I did when I got the cover actually. Used foam sleeping mats, cut it out, taped two sections together to get the right depth and tucked them in. Looks the tits :D

Lerch any chance you could pull ur soft armour out and get pictures so we can see, i think i will have a go of that my self i have an old sleeping mat that i have wanted to destroy for a long while.

Grim

no luck mate, i sold the vest just before christmas to a buddy of mine in Ontario...I'll ask him if he can though.

I ended up just tracing the panels on the mats and cutting them rough, then trimming once they were fitted.