Multicam Pics!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ill swap Combat pants inc the knee pads for one of those if i can get them!

I'm not REALLY into the whole combat pants as everyone else seems to be. I'd only buy them at retail price + a bit. So no :P I know it can get quite a bit. My friend got offered A LOT for his but he didn't sell. Let's just see if it actually goes through and crye don't pull it.

yah thats what i thought because from what i understand propper uses real crye fabric, so  don't understand why there is so much green!!

you might just be unlucky with the cut. MC has a bit of everything in the pattern, so you might have just got the greener parts everywhere :P

Also, it might look green in the pic, but you'll be surprised how much the colour can change depending on where you are and what the lighting is like.

Edited by Architect
im sure that Propper has the rights to the pattern but dont buy the multicam fabric from crye they print their own or something so that could be the reason for the slight colour difference.

I think that's correct. Many people thing that Crye and Multicam are synonymous, but they aren't. Multicam created the pattern, but Crye is just another company producing it. I think it's these websites that incorrectly list brands like Propper and such as being made with "Genuine Crye Multicam". They mean to say that it's made with "Genuine Multicam" because if it was genuine Crye Multicam then it'd be Crye and not Propper.

I think that's correct.  Many people thing that Crye and Multicam are synonymous, but they aren't.  Multicam created the pattern, but Crye is just another company producing it.  I think it's these websites that incorrectly list brands like Propper and such as being made with "Genuine Crye Multicam".  They mean to say that it's made with "Genuine Multicam" because if it was genuine Crye Multicam then it'd be Crye and not Propper.

Multicam is owned by Crye Associates. Crye Precision is the manufacture and sales subsidiary of Crye Associates. So in a roundabout way Crye Precision does own the Multicam pattern. The armor components and various combat BDUs are a joint development between Crye Precision, Blackwater USA & Michaels of Oregon. Tru Spec and Propper buy fabric direct from Crye Precision. There aren't any manufacturers out there producing the fabric other than Crye Precision. The variances you see between different articles of clothing, especially between different clothing manufacturers is mostly due to variances during the fabric dying process. Crye Precision has a hard time maintaining an identical dye job during each run. Other variances people often see are due to the unique way the pattern is laid out: most patterns like woodland and DPM have a high degree of repeatability (i.e. You don't have to travel far across the fabric before the pattern is repeated). Multicam on the other hand has low repeatability. Then there's real versus fake multicam. Fake multicam tends to be more saturated, brighter and the patterns are often sharper.