My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Well, I did phrase it to say 'you should get the same service at 0300 on xmas day as you do normally' which implies that the 'normal' standard should be applied to the mentioned time rather than the other way around, surely?

Now now now, let's all come together and heal the divisions of the political shitstorm which certainly isn't the government's fault, and ignore the NHS being underfunded into the ground which is also not the government's fault, and instead blame the forrins for stealing our bendy bananas (but the government didn't tell you that)

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trick is, ultrasonography is done only until 1pm

I know that pain, when I had kidney stones and had no idea what was happening apart from being in excruciating pain to the extent that I was throwing up even water I was sipping at it, IV morphine not dping me much good, I had to wait 10 hours for an MRI scan.

Then again I guess the attending doctor made the assessment I wasn't in danger it was a little disconcerting, especially when the matron came up to me and asked if I'd had my scan yet.

Today's rant for me is scalpers, this weekend a model company I'm a big fan of has had their weekend event and they managed to get 150 copies of the book I've been waiting on for nearly seven years (This book has also repeatedly been pushed back in the release schedule) as an advance shipment, they're on eBay for at least 50% and most is 100% plus markup so it's buy one of them or wait the five weeks for the bloody cargo ship to come in. I know I've waited years already but they said they'd be up for general sale very shortly after this event.

People not realising that divide and conquer is still a thing. Just look around and you'll see evidence of it between the different services. Can't be that most of the services are being stripped of thier respective budgets (each year the percentage they are given from the budget goes down), but being asked to do more.

People need to stop pointing fingers (which I have been guilty off) and start releasing that all the services are being asked to do more with less budget. All of them, except mp's. What a shock.

Not sure how realising that is going to help matters.

Most people are aware that the NHS, police, education system, military are all underfunded. But what funding they do have could be better spent. The system is rife with inefficiencies and 'dead weight' layers of management.

Knowing it doesn't change anything.

Really? You have proof of all this dead weight, or is it based on whisper and assumptions. Some would say management is dead weight and serves no purpose. People in management say people don't pull thier weight enough.

My point is simple, unless you know everything going on in a service, you can't accurately say if they are, or are not, pulling thier weight.

Edit; Hedge, is this what you meant by dead weight managment:-

Recruitment consultants are responsible for attracting candidates and matching them to temporary or permanent positions with client companies. They work with client companies, building relationships in order to gain a better understanding of their recruitment needs and requirements.

Basically they hire people for a company. They are loads of these, that hire for a company, or service, and deal with pay etc. It's big business and to be honest I don't agree with it. It wastes a lot of money (paying a company to recruit for them when they could do it themselves) in my view and is not needed. Instead of doing the hiring themselves, it creates lots of red tape and also .

We had to wait longer than that for the end of the Wheel of Time series - didn't help that Robert Jordan died before writing the last books....

Looks like A Song of Ice and Fire might end up the same way, if George RR Martin doesn't get his finger out...

I gave up on A Wheel of Time, got bored with the constant descriptive repetition. Is it worth finishing though?

The thing that wastes the most money what-so-ever is the inability to communicate in a proper, transparant way.

Dead weights will always be dead weights, but not communicating properly will dull down and even frustrate the most motivated, energised element in a company.

How many times have we heard ' oh... I didn't know that ' after a f-ck up?

Even people NOT telling you they don't know something. Tell us, don't be ashamed, so we can educate you, thus making you better suited for the task at hand...

Anyway, original rant: Jonathan from Airsoftology.

He's not hosting an airsoft YT channel for the 'plebs'... he's creating them.

3 video's just aired:

- Best shotshow M4 for 2017... and stars an FN F2000

- Best shotshow non M4 for 2017... and stars a M110 of sorts ( basically a .308 AR15 )
- Best shotshow pistol for 2017... and stars the Elite Force H8ER. A US$60 polymer C02 revolver.

You will have to vote for one of them based of a shotshow video with some information on it, but no review what so ever.

He might mean well, but I'm starting to be disgusted with the guy. It's so pointless. He doesn't do review as much as just rambling features of a gun with a chrono test.

Uses catchwords as ' CNC full metal' without telling us WHAT metal, never go into depth of technical details and so forth.

teenage airsofters look up to him >.<

a whole generation misguided...

Some content creators are inspired by people with ADHD I think? ( this has nothing to do with you, Mike )

Try watching this: 

Notice how he constantly cuts ANY silence/pauze between sentences?

Gods that's annoying. It's a constant stream of words and quick at it!

Is this how we digest movie material these days?

Massive showy streams of quick paced rambling with big, empty words and exaggerations? 

Gives me a fekin headache. I'm starting to hope for yourtube content in book form, so I can enjoy it at my own pace with my own, less showy, imagination.

About 27 minutes?

More like four to five hours.

And now I'll have to work on the subtitles if anyone wants to understand me. Otherwise you'll miss out on stale memes, old jokes about comrade Brezhnev, local celebrity references and other BS.

Archived