My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They made it easier to bid and have a life away from the computwr and phone.

I use sniperbids and proxy services all the time, it's how I get such cool stuff. It's become more of a sport for a lot of people, though.

I probably come across as quite anti cyclist, I'm not, I just come across all the twat cyclists on my travels it seems.  All of these this weekend alone.  3 of them within a matter of 15 mins.

1. Turning right off a main road, guy on a bike coming out of the junction, on my side of the road, neck fully turned right and completely oblivious of my attempt to turn.  Looks round eventually and very surprised to see me waiting for him.

2. Coming round a blind corner and a family on bikes has decided this would be a great place to cross...Thankfully I have decent brakes so was able to stop in time.

3. On a 50 MPH road and I see a peloton approaching the main road from a side road on my left up ahead.  They start flowing onto the road in a river of garish Lycra.  As I approach the junction, they don't give way and just continue to spill out.  Thankfully there was space on the right of the road to overtake them all.

4. Approach a roundabout, 3 cyclists in front.  They move off, slooooowly.  As this is a 2 lane roundabout I overtake them then one of them randomly starts drifting into my lane.

No wonder so many of them die on the roads...

If you get bid sniped you are using eBay wrong.

Enter the maximum you are prepared to pay in the box.

Wait until the end.

If you win, cool.

If you don't win, someone thought it was worth more than you.

No dramas.

I do, it just annoyed me when I'm watching the end of the auction and with 2 seconds to go, a bot bids above me.

It's just not sporting.

I probably come across as quite anti cyclist, I'm not, I just come across all the twat cyclists on my travels it seems.  All of these this weekend alone.  3 of them within a matter of 15 mins.

1. Turning right off a main road, guy on a bike coming out of the junction, on my side of the road, neck fully turned right and completely oblivious of my attempt to turn.  Looks round eventually and very surprised to see me waiting for him.

2. Coming round a blind corner and a family on bikes has decided this would be a great place to cross...Thankfully I have decent brakes so was able to stop in time.

3. On a 50 MPH road and I see a peloton approaching the main road from a side road on my left up ahead.  They start flowing onto the road in a river of garish Lycra.  As I approach the junction, they don't give way and just continue to spill out.  Thankfully there was space on the right of the road to overtake them all.

4. Approach a roundabout, 3 cyclists in front.  They move off, slooooowly.  As this is a 2 lane roundabout I overtake them then one of them randomly starts drifting into my lane.

No wonder so many of them die on the roads...

Tell me about it!

1. Cyclist up ahead, no ability to overtake as there's traffic lights with zigzag lines and a traffic island ahead, no problem, I'm not in a hurry so hang back. We approach a small roundabout which as 2 lanes, he signals to turn right and moves out into the middle of the road. Great, I'm going straight ahead, so as he's moved into lane 2 I'll stick to lane 1 and pass him. As I get ahead of him he then decides he's actually going straight on, which if I hadn't put my foot down to pull away from him would have meant him crashing into my OSR quarter. He proceeds to stop on the roundabout with his bike across 2 lanes waving his fist at me. Thankfully the land rover following him had better road sense and was able to stop in time.

2. Rush hour, heading to work in the morning via country A roads, bunch of lycra clad cyclists travelling 2 abreast in breach of the highway code as it was a narrow road with no means to safely pass them like that. National speed limit so 60mph, but they were pootling along at 20mph. When I did manage to safely overtake them I was so tempted to clean my windscreen and headlights as this would have sent a cloud of spray right at them, but I'm too nice.

*suitcase*, I just lost €6 worth of local currency thanks to the bank using exchange rates different than the market ones. Basically, I opened a savings account in EUR on a hunch and moved some of my savings there. Luckily, that's only 2.4% difference, and now I have some financial backup in case of a currency bubble.

Once again I realize I cannot afford or find a lot of cool stuff.

Namely, a WE M16A3 GBB with Hera CQR stock, MOE or Amoeba foregrip and ACOG (not to mention an optional MUR-1 upper and ambi charging handle), M1887, SA58 with Israeli foregrip (and optional barrel extension) and maybe converted wood stock, and a couple of cool swords.

There's a team of tree surgeons dismantling a humongous tree near me.  Five or six stories high, three or four stories wide humongous.  Non stop chainsaws from 8:00 yesterday and today until the evening.  Most annoying.

There's a team of tree surgeons dismantling a humongous tree near me.  Five or six stories high, three or four stories wide humongous.  Non stop chainsaws from 8:00 yesterday and today until the evening.  Most annoying.

Well, it's just one tree. Compared to a skyscraper being rebuilt across the street from my work and a Metro station being built on the corner near my home, it's not that bad.

The Metro station is scheduled to open in December 2019. The skyscraper - I have no idea, but right now they're working on restoring the entrance to its pre-war shape and bolting sandstone cladding to the wing fronts.

Archived