My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

On Tuesday night at my Uni it was 50p a pint and 50p for a shot of vodka.

However the first 100 shots sold were 10p.

I used to camp out at the door with a tenner and buy a tray of 100 vodkas then go around handing them out like the booze fairy.

Is there a good one that's not too expensive?

Since the government is apparently cracking down on Kodi, I'd prefer to use one. On the other hand, unless I can install the VPN on my Fire TV stick, it won't be any use anyway...

I can't remember the names of them but if you look for the VPN video on the Level 1 Techs you tube channel you will find their recommendations.

Also, have a look at their pfSense router video that will take you step by step through a guide to building your own router than can selectively send any traffic from your house through a VPN and do so invisibly to the device.

That will allow you to tell the router to VPN all traffic from the Fire Stick's MAC address and the stick won't know.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So a shiny and chrome WE Desert Eagle is just $215 shipped before taxes.

This should make me happy. But right now I'm having a crisis of creative nature and I simply don't know what I want to do next.

Yes, it's a bit much, but you have to take into account that it's a 30 cm long chunk of aluminium alloy and the prices are going up across the board anyway. I remember getting my R27 for $60, but that was really long ago.

Also, I don't intend to log back on Facebook until yet another of my suspensions ends, and that means I can't really bounce my ideas with people. Once I get back, I'll have to teach people what Google Hangouts is, and remind them that my friends on FB can see my phone number there, so they can contact me that way in urgent matters.

It's a P-51, and a P-51D at that.  100% fixable from off-the-shelf parts or existing tooling from a whole industry that supports P-51s in the states. You just need enough cubic dollars to pay for it.

There's plenty of Mustangs that have had pheonix-like rebuilds from smoking holes in the ground using only the identity of the aircraft as a starting point - What's often referred to as a 'data plate' rebuilds.  Very little original metal, but the ID lives on.  Miss Velma was pretty much a new build anyway, with no traceable past between the end of her time with the ANG post Korea and the late 90s.

Superb bit of airmanship though - And the pilot raised the gear just before landing, saving the airframe from either getting the gear sheared off, punched through the wing structure or flipping the aircraft on it's back (the most dangerous outcome for the pilot as it's very difficult/impossible to extricate yourself - See the 109 'Black 6' crash at Duxford in '97 - I was there for that - or the incident in France last month with the Spitfire XIX).   Metal you can rebuild, the flesh you can't.

You're right, the plane is fixable but it's still a shame to see her in such a state

Edit: I've just rang HMRC to sort out my tax rebate and they certainly like to make it difficult. Iver 20 minutes on hold to have some woman just talking jargon and acronyms so I ask her to explain and she just repeats herself so I end the call just as confused and without the issue sorted

You're right, the plane is fixable but it's still a shame to see her in such a state

Edit: I've just rang HMRC to sort out my tax rebate and they certainly like to make it difficult. Iver 20 minutes on hold to have some woman just talking jargon and acronyms so I ask her to explain and she just repeats herself so I end the call just as confused and without the issue sorted

I had trouble for years with hmrc due to errors at their end. They are drones, mindless drones and you are better off speaking to next doors cat than calling anyone at the office. My issue was only solved when I stumbled across the one person there who could actually listen and applied herself to sorting it as she could see the several months of notes and recorded conversations. She may have thought the frustration in my voice was borderline psychotic and I was close to visiting the office with a cricket bat.

If she thought that, she was not far from the truth. They were jokers, good luck...

And so it goes on. It turns out the tax code they have on record is different to the one on my payslips so I need to take a couple of hours off to get it sorted. I ask for the time off only to get quizzed and lectured by the *albartroth* supervisor, not that it's any of his business

You know what? I think that the modern tax system wasn't invented to maximize revenue. It was invented to drive an average citizen stark foaming insane.

If you think your income tax is a cluster*fruitcage*, you didn't have to deal with VAT.

ehhhhh

It is and it isn't.

I'd hate a end-user payer system for something like the police or fire brigade.

"yes sir, I understand you've been robbed but in order to start the investigation we need a new client fee of £50 and then you need to sign here to set up a direct debit of £25 per month for the next year.

Yes I know he took your wallet, but without payment we simply cannot help. Good day sir."

With the way you pay extra at every step, tax feels like a bloody Ryanair flight.

You earn your money, you pay tax on it before you even get it.

You need to buy a house? Theres a tax for that.

While you're living in that house, local government want a piece of the action. Boom, another tax.

To pay all this Tax, you got to get to work. For the privilege we get the highest fuel tax in Europe.

Tax on the food you sustain your working life with.

What do you get in return? Politicians getting paid way waaaay over the true national average have their lavish meals subsidised while many go hungry for lack of money. Local governments waste money on vanity projects while roads go unrepaired. And some bint in the paper who blagged a boob job on the nhs while I can't even get a bloody call back about a surgery referral.

Yeah, tax pays for the justice system, but it's not really a deterrent to crime.

Hospitals are a godsend, but have bloated middle management making them inefficient.

Tax needs to happen, I understand that. But right now, I'm not seeing the value of it.

Then tax you when you die.

But hey, politicians need their £995 leather trousers.

Yes. She also went on telly wearing diamond studded heels.

Someone so far removed from the real world shouldn't be allowed to hold the post she does. And that's before you get into the massive conflict of interest regarding her husband's job and her policies on corporation tax.

Food is not subject to VAT - except for "luxury items" - however the truck that brought it to the shop was, as was the fuel it ran on (added after fuel duty, of course), plus it needed road tax and insurance (on which there's insurance premium tax), and the driver had to be paid, on which tax has to be paid. The shop uses electricity, which has VAT on it, plus the employees are all taxed on their pay, and the company owning the shop has to pay tax on the building and corporation tax on their profits...

All of these taxes (and more I've probably forgotten) do affect the price of "untaxed" foods.

Archived