My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I'm certain I've seen door staff stripped of their badges before at my place due to "incidents" (typically use of unreasonable force).

Turns out she told another good friend of hers and colleague who has appraised the PM, which wasn't his place but it's done now.

And I'm all but certain my PM will believe her and the police but I'm not the one who needs to come forward with the information. I'll do my best to look after her and convince her it's the right thing to do but I genuinely don't know if she'll go to the police.

I can understand her concern, he gets in trouble things could get really nasty. *fruitcage* *Ubar*.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Member of door staff being a *Ubar*? Well I never...

This.

Used to work in a nightclub, door staff treated it like their own personal playground.

These days I just assume all door staff were bullied as a kid or have tiny penises.

Eh we've got a mixed bag but it's normally the other way round and the ladies throwing themselves at the doormen. Or maybe it's what they want us to believe. I considered working doors once upon a time but *fruitcage* that.

Funnily enough I'll be meeting with the head of our door company tomorrow as we're both attending the businesses against crime meeting.

Main reason women (and men) do not report assault/sexual assault, is the horror stories were the accused gets away with it due to lack of evidence. Lack of evidence can also be due to people coming forward with stories that the victim liked it rough etc. Hopefully no one here has had to go through a cross examination conducted by a defence lawyer/attorney/barrister (did I miss any out?) going over the alleged incident, over and over again. Also, asking questions about the victims personal life, who they like to have sex (it can and does get very distressing). These factors can and do put people off reporting sexual assault.

I completely agree that no-one should ever feel that they are in the wrong, if they report a crime. But, and this is a big but, I do understand people who do not want to report a crime, especially sexual assault, due to fear of being made to feel like they are in the wrong or fear of further assaults (due to the accused getting off with a slap on the wrist or the case being dismissed due to a lack of evidence).

Well in this case there's probably no evidence given she's got no markings and I doubt there was CCTV with enough clarity looking into his car when it happened. Which is infuriating because as you've said it means the *Ubar* will probably get away with it and that worries me.

On the topic of teeth, I need a bridge for mine as I lost a premolar a way back and haven't gotten round to fixing it as I thought it cost more than it does. Need to register with a dentist again though.

Did it go for silly money?

No, the guy bundled it up with a load of other vehicles and parts and traded for a Spartan.

Can't argue with his decision making.

Fancy a camper van?

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142432463960

Saw that.  Cool, but not what I need in my life.

Going to borrow what I can, bank it and bide my time.

now been on hold for literally 30 minutes for sky broadband support to try and see if theres a reason my connection keeps dropping.

Managed to load my emails and saw that actually, my contract finished last month.

Guess who's getting a phone call tomorrow to haggle!

Is there a VPN that doesn't cripple network speed though?

I've got 100mbps broadband, regularly get speeds 70+ but if I connect to a VPN I'm lucky to get 4.

So sure, I can log onto the American netflix site, or use Kodi without risk, but the streaming is terrible.

What's the point?

It's strange, but I can't find long DSA SA58 replicas anywhere. Also, it's like Classic Army disappeared off the face of the Earth.

Also, I got food poisoning for some strange reason and thanks to Raging Cheeto's visit and related security circus, downtown's full of off, horn-abusing drivers and low-flying helicopters. And I need to get myself some breakfast, let's hope I won't get ID checked three times on the way from my work to the local Subway.

VPN's for the win ;)

No apostrophes in plurals.

Some argue that using one between an acronym and the "s" is acceptable.

Those people are:

1) Predominantly American.

2) Wrong.

Is there a VPN that doesn't cripple network speed though?

I've got 100mbps broadband, regularly get speeds 70+ but if I connect to a VPN I'm lucky to get 4.

So sure, I can log onto the American netflix site, or use Kodi without risk, but the streaming is terrible.

What's the point?

If you pay for it it will be good, if it is free it will be rubbish.

Both of those statements have error bars but basically, pay for one and do not accept substandard service.

To make your VPN seem faster you could use TOR for a while.

Archived