My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

If you tax your car online, you don't need the insurance paperwork, just to HAVE insurance. The DVLA computer just searches the insurance database, sees a policy for your car and is happy.

Turns out that is incorrect. They twice stopped me saying 'the registration given by reference number does not match the policy number'. So i did it at the post office to get the same answer.

As for the driver of the other vehicle, i would need to know if i am not being mixed up with him or if they are accusing me of his speed.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the woman in that video has mental health problems (not a joke. Watch how she acts and also how she moves her mouth, her eyes seem distant as well). Either that or she is on drugs.

What she said is so *fruitcage* wrong, but, I do believe (judging by her movement and -slightly - slurred speech) she has some sort of mental illness.

Turns out that is incorrect. They twice stopped me saying 'the registration given by reference number does not match the policy number'. So i did it at the post office to get the same answer.

That sounds like there's an error on your policy, maybe they entered the registration wrong? Check with your bunch of legalised brigands.

That sounds like there's an error on your policy, maybe they entered the registration wrong? Check with your bunch of legalised brigands.

It is, it is an error i have been trying to fix since July and the £77 was from that phone call to get them to fix it :P

'FireKnife'

• 2 weeks later...

Now what the bloody hell. The exchange rates were going up and down like some goddamned rollercoaster and now I'm considering if ordering an ACM PPK can wait or not. As in, the price is bad, but do I pay it now or wait, knowing that it might as well get worse.

Longer and more full of terrible TV, annoying over-entitled badly behaved brats, the pandering to those self same brats all over all media and in every public space, the awful sense that if you hate xmas you are some kind of insurgent and having to explain these and more self evident reasons to hate the juggernaut of evil that is xmas to all the soulless zombies going about their December ritual of misery in a perpetual ignorant daze.

I can't have kids, my wife's closest friend and her fiancé can't either. My wife's second best friend sent both of us an xmas card with a picture of her 4 month old in a reindeer costume on the front.

In what warped reality can taunting infertile people be considered acting in the spirit of the season.

I am strongly considering saving my leave up next year and going on holiday to China or some Buddhist country for the whole of December.

*edit* Hate this time of year so much it stops me being able to spell.

If they know (The people who sent you and your wife, a christmas card), that you can't have kids and also hate christmas, then yes, they are being horrid people. If they don't, then maybe they printed off a load and didn't realise (most people can be a bit insensitive due to lack of sleep). Either way, I'm sorry you can't have kids and that people force christmas on you (that really gets on my nerves, when people who like christmas, force it on others. Ruins the whole bloody point if you ask me). I have friends that can't stand christmas, but they tolerate me and my liking of it (as I don't force it down thier necks, or ask stupid qeustions, like; why don't you like christmas?).

Rant of the day:- Going out wearing trainers, to the shops, when boots would have been the wiser choice (I was taking baby steps all the way, due to melted, then re-frozen, snow).

I am strongly considering saving my leave up next year and going on holiday to China or some Buddhist country for the whole of December.

Remind the overly festive that the origins are entirely pagan. The Fathers of the Church were aiming for the date of the winter solstice, but got the date wrong by four days (not bad, given the state of medieval slide rules). The Romans celebrated for a whole week around the winter solstice--the Saturnalia was a period of licentiousness (think: Carnival), when people exchanged their social roles (slaves as masters--the world upside down). Good times.

If they know (The people who sent you and your wife, a christmas card), that you can't have kids and also hate christmas, then yes, they are being horrid people. If they don't, then maybe they printed off a load and didn't realise (most people can be a bit insensitive due to lack of sleep). Either way, I'm sorry you can't have kids and that people force christmas on you (that really gets on my nerves, when people who like christmas, force it on others. Ruins the whole bloody point if you ask me). I have friends that can't stand christmas, but they tolerate me and my liking of it (as I don't force it down thier necks, or ask stupid qeustions, like; why don't you like christmas?).

Rant of the day:- Going out wearing trainers, to the shops, when boots would have been the wiser choice (I was taking baby steps all the way, due to melted, then re-frozen, snow).

They know, they are just being insensitive.

I am more worried about our friends TBH, my wife has been in counselling and between that and the medication she is improving.

I am a bit of a Nihilist and I am taking solace in the fact that by not having IVF I am strengthening the gene pool for future generations by removing myself from it.

Our friends however are less mentally robust and he is only a couple of bad days away from a breakdown.

We'll see.

Remind the overly festive that the origins are entirely pagan. The Fathers of the Church were aiming for the date of the winter solstice, but got the date wrong by four days (not bad, given the state of medieval slide rules). The Romans celebrated for a whole week around the winter solstice--the Saturnalia was a period of licentiousness (think: Carnival), when people exchanged their social roles (slaves as masters--the world upside down). Good times.

Sorry, you've missed my point but thank you anyway.

If everyone in my vicinity was being an *albatross* because it was Saturnalia I would still be angry about it.

I'm sick of "It's Christmas!" being an excuse to be an *albatross*.

I'm sick of it being illegal to be miserable this month.

I'm sick of the circular arguments people use to defend is.

I'm sick of it not being OK to hate it.

If you look a bit miffed in January and someone asks you why, I'll bet you £100 that if you say "I *fruitcage* hate Burn's night" it won't start an argument.

When did Xmas become sacrosanct?

have you ever considered that your friend might of sent you a picture of her son out of a mixture of pride/love/humour? Not to rub it in your face? I'd say its a warped reality where a silly, if cheesy, postcard can be construed as "taunting infertile people" I'm not trying to be a *rickroll*, but I can't get this round my head. If your friend was visit you, would you ask that she didn't bring her child with her?

edit

just be on topic I don't really care for christmas but I love christmas music, all of it. never listen to East 17 normally but when stay another day comes on I'm all over it

have you ever considered that your friend might of sent you a picture of her son out of a mixture of pride/love/humour?

Pride? possibly.

Love? possibly.

Humour? that's just not funny.

Not to rub it in your face? I'd say its a warped reality where a silly, if cheesy, postcard can be construed as "taunting infertile people"

I'm not saying that they were deliberately trying to taunt us but it is pretty insensitive,

I'm not trying to be a *rickroll*, but I can't get this round my head. If your friend was visit you, would you ask that she didn't bring her child with her?

Yes - I have and I will continue to. We didn't see her in person for the last 4 months of her pregnancy either. My wife is in counselling and is on medication due to the stress. The last thing she needs is a baby in the house.

I have friends that have lost limbs in 'stan but I am not sending them a picture of my legs for christmas.

Not even the legendary squaddy trick of making a joke about the worst possible situations makes that excusable.

Basically it is just another example of parents being utterly thoughtless.

I can understand how they are programmed to believe that their kid is the most important thing in the world but to the rest of us that same kid is just a whining snotbag who won't behave in public.

Having a kid does not entitle you to block the whole pavement/supermarket aisle/car park.

It does not entitle you to use the cinema as a crèche.

It does not entitle you go first in queues.

It's not even difficult to get one, any idiot can do it, it doesn't make you special. To be special you don't just have to be a parent, you have to be a good parent.

Just because my wife and I are bizzarely genetically incompatible (or what ever the hell is going on) doesn't mean I should be sidelined.

Am I bitter? - yeah.

Does that make me wrong? - No.

Having a kid does not entitle you to block the whole pavement/supermarket aisle/car park.

It does not entitle you to use the cinema as a crèche.

It does not entitle you go first in queues.

It does not entitle you to let the kid climb over the airplane seat, peer down at the person sitting behind, shake the seat and the meal tray, and throw small pieces of the in-flight snack.

It does not entitle the flight attendant to side with the mother when you complain.

I find, when am pushing the pram, people use it as a target and forget that there is a baby in it (not everyone, a small handful, between the ages of 25 to 80). I never want/expect doors to be held open or people to treat me differently, but for gods sake, a tiny bit of good manners would go a long way (if you knock into me or the pram, maybe say sorry or at least acknowledge that you should have been looking where you where going). Wether I have a pram infront of me or not, if you knock into me say sorry, as I was brought up to say sorry (if I knock inro people or block their way, I say sorry and then adjust accordingly). I have had people kick it/knock into it (the pram) and not say sorry.

There are many sides to a story, but the bottom line is, there are poeple out there, that do not care what they do to others, or how their actions might effect the people around them. Also, there are people, that let thier children do what ever they want.

Rant:- Go to hospital with a sore leg (it has had a hip replacement), and be told, "if its still bad in a few days, come back". What a waste of 3 hours.

I didn't say I was rude to people just because they have kids and I do apologise if I bump into people.

Unless they are being asshats.

I guess what I am saying is that if you are in the wrong, having your offspring with you does not magically make you in the right.

If your offspring are being asshats then that is your responsibility.

If you fail to take responsibility for their actions don't be surprised if I tell them off.

Here is a picture of what I was talking about in a supermarket aisle.

post-18344-0-90341400-1324313428_thumb.jpg

Was that aimed at me amateurstuntsman?

Just to clarify, I was making a general point of how people can be "explitive removed" regardless if they have children with them, or if they are by themselves. I think you should always address the parents when a child is doing wrong, as it is them that should be looking after the children (unless we are talking about teenagres or kids when the parents are no-where to be seen) and they who are at fault (in most cases). People who use children as a shield, for thier short comings are "explitive removed", simple as that. Just because you have children, doesn't instantly mean you are the greatest parent in the world. The stories I have been told, about negligent parents, makes me sick to the stomach.

Also, I don't see where I said you have/would be rude to people, I was trying to point out, not all people, with kids, are idiots who think they have a right of way (superiority complex).

The diagram you have provided, could be a trolley or a pram, as people always block the aisle, be it with a pram or trolley (be it male or female). Again, not all people do this and I always say "can you move that please, (they move it) thank you".

One thing that gets on my nerves (when at tesco,asda, morrisons et al), is when you are looking at food and a person tries to edge you out ( you are as close to the aisle as possible), I always ask "am I in your way?", they have yet to say "yes" to that question.

Edit:- Swear filter didn't pick up two types of swear word.

No mate, not specifically you.

Sorry, I am just running short of patience.

*edit*

My brother just sent me a bundle of games on Steam as a xmas present and the MoBo (suspected) on my gaming rig is borked.

Military grade my *albartroth*.

Won't even make POST.

Archived