My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, DX is the commonly used initialism for the Deus Ex games, look it up ;)

The sarcasm is fail in you I see :P.

I'm currently in London traffic.

Is it snowing, is it the retards up here style driving? If so then it aint so bad :P.

'FireKnife'

Good old London, this is why no-one that owns a car wants to live there. Thankfully they have the tube but it is like inhaling the second hand smoke off a thousands smokers in a dark room that shakes :P.

Still I would rather live in London than Aberdeen :(

'FireKnife'

Shouldn't that be DEHR, not DXHR :P?

And yes that is such a hard choice ;).

Considering that I'm rolling out heavy artillery in my fight against the insurance/savings/grifting/scamming company (that is: consumer protection organizations and the media) and I might get my money back soon (two thousand quid) and the coat is "only" 100 quid, I might put the computer upgrade on hold. Especially since I was reassured that my work contract is good for at least three more months.

My boss took a week-long break in order not to go insane, though.

So what about when said contract is over, how easy would it be to find new work?

No idea, considering the employment is still in a slump, the govt is taking the ###### and not helping matters, and the execs are sending contradicting signals, ie. accepting my boss's motion to give me a promotion, but repeatedly rejecting those regarding a new post, so I'm not substituting for anyone, but finally working on my own.

Well if you do get the cash back then get coat, do basic hauls on the PC (it is amazing what inexpensive parts can do) and then find more work :P.

No, I want to buy the coat now, before I get the money back (I have enough for the coat or maybe one-third of the upgrades). Then I'm gonna save for upgrades, or fight to get my money back and upgrade the computer (and fix bathroom and kitchen).

What? Did you just click the order button three times?

Or did you actually think 'I need one of those' three days in a row and not know you had ordered them? :P

No, I want to buy the coat now, before I get the money back (I have enough for the coat or maybe one-third of the upgrades). Then I'm gonna save for upgrades, or fight to get my money back and upgrade the computer (and fix bathroom and kitchen).

In the real world it goes like this:

Fix bathroom and kitchen (requirements).

Upgrade PC (potential work requirement and leisure).

Buy and wear coat (leisure only)

:P

'FireKnife'

What? Did you just click the order button three times?

Or did you actually think 'I need one of those' three days in a row and not know you had ordered them? :P

I ordered first time, and then the next day thought that I hadn't ordered them, then same thing the next day! As I said, the fact that I never got a confirmation that I'd ordered had thrown me off completely!

In the real world it goes like this:

Fix bathroom and kitchen (requirements).

Upgrade PC (potential work requirement and leisure).

Buy and wear coat (leisure only)

Oh, sure, but in the real world, I need at least a thousand for the bathroom (which is functional, just ugly as *fruitcage* thanks to my mother's questionable taste and economic sense), 250 to 300 for the PC (which is functional, just doesn't run some badly optimized games like Planetside 2 as smoothly as I'd like) and a hundred for the coat, and can spare only a hundred right now.

I ordered first time, and then the next day thought that I hadn't ordered them, then same thing the next day! As I said, the fact that I never got a confirmation that I'd ordered had thrown me off completely!

Ah yes I don't recall them sending me confirmation half the time anyway :P.

Oh, sure, but in the real world, I need at least a thousand for the bathroom (which is functional, just ugly as *fruitcage* thanks to my mother's questionable taste and economic sense), 250 to 300 for the PC (which is functional, just doesn't run some badly optimized games like Planetside 2 as smoothly as I'd like) and a hundred for the coat, and can spare only a hundred right now.

Then save that 100 and then when it comes to the bathroom it is 900 less to save up for :P.

'FireKnife'

Yesterday: Cut back of feet bad from putting boots on wrong.

Today: Cuts get worse, just realized the NVA winter FDU set I ordered to wear out on my b-day is a gen 3 and not a gen 2, which makes it next to useless to me.

*fruitcage* my trust in getting the right items.

I overslept again. And after work I have to drop by to two second-hand shops and look for a plain white nightshirt one of the models needs for a photoshoot. That suddenly turned out to be TOMORROW.

Never let an 18-year-old girl run a project like that. <_<

Last 2 days my bike hasn't worked due to the freezing cold. Fine, to be expected.

Today it worked... Just long enough to get some distance from home but not anywhere near work.

Pretty sure it's just a dead battery. But still pretty inconvenient.

This has to be the most *suitcase* week at work EVER. I have shitloads of things to do, most of them thanks to jackholes pathologically unable to do their work, and I can't get to do anything.

At least I had a Subway sandwich for breakfast, thanks to discount coupons I got with one of my purchases.

You would think that if you wanted an iTunes gift card, the best place would be apples own site?

Hmm, no. The amount of *fruitcage* about entering addresses, session expiring, trying I log back in, resetting password, logging in, entering addresses again (I have an iTunes account linked to my bank account), entering card details etc means closing the tab, and I shall pop into tesco on my way home for one...

Surely it should be 'click buy, would you like it sent to your registered address, yes/no'.

I thought online shopping was supposed to be easier?

Christmas.

Again.

Every year I post the same junk in here about xmas and I haven't done anything about it.

My friend took all his annual leave in December and has been off since the 6th.

He is still in the UK though.

I need to do that but go somewhere they don't even celebrate the *bramston pickle*.

Mongolia, Japan, China, a load of 'istan places and some in North Africa.

Gah.

Archived