My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sincerely,

Dude who is allergic to cheese.

Wow, that is like being allergic to bacon, good cheese (hard cheese, none of this soft French style *suitcase*) is amazing. It just needs the right little extra bits and it is made of win and stars :P.

Though all I am allergic to is coleslaw, that is it, the ingredients I can eat without issue, but put it all together, get me within range of the smell and I throw up, not good.

'FireKnife'

Domino's is OK, I am a recent convert but I do feel a bit uncomfortable about the personal politics of the owner and how he chooses to spend the profits that are (partially) generated by me.

For me you need one of 2 pizzas:

Double decadence base, BBQ sauce, Double Mozzarella, Pepperoni and Pineapple.

or

Dominator base, BBQ sauce, Double Mozzarella, Bacon and Chicken breast bits.

The only problem with the second one it that the quality of the chicken breast is extremely inconsistent.

Sometimes you get a good one, sometimes the chicken is dry and flavourless. Horrible.

There was a place in Glasgow when I lived there (14 years ago) that did a Sar Beni.

That is a 24" nann bread/Pita bread/flour tortilla (basically unleavened bread) base with pizza toppings - passanda, mozzarella, pepperoni, peppers, etc. but with donner meat all over it and garlic sauce.

Cooked like a pizza, rolled into a tube and served.

Even at 20 stone I could only eat half a one, I used to wake up with the other half and we would enjoy breakfast together.

You could also get the Glasgow calzone which was an ordinary garden variety 16" cheese and onion frozen pizza, half cooked then folded in half and deep fried.

I have such cravings for one of those, you couldn't imagine.

A burger with a massive donut instead of a bun.

Barbecue Kings on Great Western Road (near the Coop, on the North side of the road, just next to the bridge) did the world's best onion rings and the second best Pakora in the world.

The best Pakora (of course) being available at "the fast food bar" in Woodlands road.

I miss Glasgow, I really do.

I remember one family owned pizza place in my area that did the greatest breadcheesesticks in the world. Basically it looked like an oversized cheese pizza (big enough that the box almost went over the table edge). It was cut multiple times into thin strips perfect in rectangular shape, from the crust down to the middle. Various cheeses cooked to a nice crisp on the top but still had that texture you'd expect from a cheese pizza. Sprinkled on top was a mix of herbs, spices, and Parmesan. To be honest, I still don't know what to classify it texturally, it was far different from being a cheese pizza but also not simply cheesebread.

I only had it three times during my childhood before the place went down. Every time it was some sort of family gathering next door at the grandparent's. once on New Years.

No other breadstick or cheesebread has ever been as good. I should know, I eat breadsticks when everyone else has pizza. I used to eat pizza from a few places (dominoes, pizza hut, little caesars, etc.) but they either moved away or changed their quality. About all I'll eat locally is caesars, but only if absolutely nothing else is available and it's not one of those "hot and ready" ones.

Darn it all, I want some breadsticks.

Your heart probably doesn't :P

It is just as bad up here, a deep fried burger with horrible cheese in the middle, seeing the locals chow down on two or three of those is worrying.

Stunt, I hate you right now. :P

That all sounds delicious.

It is, it will just slowly kill you, but then what do you want, live long and be bored, or die young and know you made the most of it :P.

And Stunt, next time I visit Glasgow I will have to remind myself to go to these places, after starving myself first that is, so I can deal with the food they serve. No wonder Scotland has the lowest average life expectance and the highest heart attack rate in the UK.

I would wager it is due to the conglomerate mess of a social language that we Americans use as a nation of various ethnic structures. It is something we just tend to not pay much mind to.

This is true, like calling things by words that just confuse others, pants are what you wear under your trousers / jeans and colour does have a 'u' in it :P.

Anyway now I want to go to the local Chinese more often, got some shredded chicken, nicely battered and covering in a sticky chilli sauce, probably a dish that isn't even Chinese for all I know but it is still freaking win.

'FireKnife'

And why can't you do your job in Glasgow?

Reminds me, I need to move, in fact to the central belt would be a good area, between Glasgow and Edinburgh, industrial city that has lots to do to one side, historical city of win to the other and a good few airsoft sites around. :D

'FireKnife'

The grass always looks greener on the other side.....

I've lived & worked in NYC, Berlin, Dusseldorf, Paris, Stockholm, Mauritius, Hong Kong and Tokyo.

But that feeling when you touchdown in Heathrow is still special.

FK, come to London, I'm sure there are more career development opportunities here.

FK, come to London, I'm sure there are more career development opportunities here.

IT Analyst and Helpdesk Support with 9 months under my belt, any options for that out there? :P

But admittedly if I could find a place in a city that offered me the same job I have now, I would be so gone.

'FireKnife'

Archived