My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Well I try my best not to which works for some, but others it sounds like I can be a bit condescending without trying to be, it is hard to judge everyones level of experience.

Plus unlike some I know my limits, I can't do a magic fix any thing that comes my way but I can try and correct my mistakes when I make them.

Now someone just hire me so I can get away from this inbred, backwards *suitcase*-hole :P.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the grass is always greener but I also know I have been in Kent for nearly 10 years and I am starting to get a bit fed up of it.

I have lived and worked in Thailand, the US, Canada, Australia and all over the UK and I know I want to get moving.

I'm getting itchy.

Hey, try 10 years in Aberdeen, I have done about 3 and I want to leave so badly it is starting to really get to me, if only job and GF where somewhere else then it would be goodbye Aberdeen, hello nicer part of the UK.

Though I don't blame people wanting to move away, just I find it depends how you look at things and how tied up you are with your life, if you want to stay near family or friends that you have gained over the years then that may mean it is better to stay where you are, but if you are like me and have no family ties and well can always meet new friends (doesn't hurt to meet new people) then it is a hell of a lot easier.

My life is just missing a nice area to stay (Aberdeen is *suitcase* lets face it), a decent site, even an outdoor one would be great and better weather. If I had even the better place to stay and the site but the same weather all would be fine.

Wonder if I can tele-commute my job from Edinburgh, that would be great to do. :P

'FireKnife'

More insulation work today, yay...

Have not done a productive thing this entire holiday break (papers, studying, anything). Been kept up late and feeling like *suitcase* every day. Add in the suicidal tendencies and you have quite a mess.

Ah, first world problems.

Just unwittingly stumbled across 'Honey Boo Boo'.

Seriously, what the *fruitcage* America. :headbutt:

Just Googled Honey Boo Boo.

*fruitcage* you Dave, *fruitcage* you.

You think that is bad, watch the interviews with the mother and the child after she gives her that weird drink that she has.

It worries me that this is acceptable, I thought nothing could top the fail that is talent-less shows on ITV, but this trumps it a thousand times over. Couple it with Man V Food and you have two of Americas biggest health and social issues right away. :P

Oh and apparently we have now over taken Germany as the fattest nation. That makes us second in the world for both childhood and overall obesity, just behind the US, freaking great UK. <_<

'FireKnife'

Those jackasses from Brussels. I can understand they have their doubts about why exactly do we need that much money, but their argumentation against giving it was so ridiculous that I took it apart with the exact data we send them every six months. First, if there is a two-year work program, it's understandable that the first year will be spent mostly on planning the second and working on the projects that were already coming down the pipe anyway (and there's not many of them). That way, their "but you spent only thirty days working on it last year" argument is BS, because during the previous program it looked exactly the same: not much done in 2009, then everyone working their asses off in 2010 (that and our first 2012 report confirms it's going to look the same this year). Also, they're surprised we're reserving two thousand man-days worth of work and pull out a BS argument "but that's, like, six guys doing nothing but our work program" - yeah, you dopes, we got FIFTY guys working almost five hundred man-days on the previous one and what we did was like less than a half of our 2013-14 plan.

Seriously, *fruitcage* the EU bureaucracy.

You think that is bad, watch the interviews with the mother and the child after she gives her that weird drink that she has.

It worries me that this is acceptable, I thought nothing could top the fail that is talent-less shows on ITV, but this trumps it a thousand times over. Couple it with Man V Food and you have two of Americas biggest health and social issues right away. :P

Oh and apparently we have now over taken Germany as the fattest nation. That makes us second in the world for both childhood and overall obesity, just behind the US, freaking great UK. <_<

'FireKnife'

They make the bad things taste so good though! :P

In all seriousness though, I'm not proud of being one of those statistics.

They make the bad things taste so good though! :P

In all seriousness though, I'm not proud of being one of those statistics.

This is true, though what also worries me is the way we still use the BMI to judge weight and your medical term. Why? Muscle weighs more than fat, yet we still have people that are well built being labelled as 'overweight'. Stupid system. :P

If I go by the BMI I am just inside the average category, heading more towards the obese side, but if I do the correct tests with muscle, fat and other things taken correctly into consideration I am fine, where I should be, well minus a pound maybe but that is it. But ah well, I am happy to be average, being skinny worries me just as much as being big.

EDIT: Ok time to add my issues for the day:

1. As my car was broken into by the typical scum that seem to run the city of Aberdeen (you hear that Aberdeen, a large amount of your population is the *suitcase* no-one else wants) I have to use public transport.

2. I have bought a weekly pass, fine pay in advance and save a bit of money plus use the bus all week, that has been taken too. This means I have to walk home in the freezing rain due to living in a ###### poor city with bad design.

3. I go to get food from the work shop, at which point it flash rains and I get soaked, so sat in a shirt that feels horrible.

4. I am still stuck in this *rickroll*-hole, *fruitcage* wit infested *suitcase* stick of a city, knowing that it is at least another 18 months before I can move away.

5. I don't feel the same about my GF as I used to, but know that if it doesn't work out then I will not find anyone in this place and can't move yet as I don't have experince that places claim I need.

6. The best flat I could afford was fine back when I first moved in, now that it is cold the place is freezing, heating costs are ridiculous and without a car I am reduced to an Iceland which is often empty.

7. My netbook charger has decided to die on me and that leaves me without internet, which means I have no outside communication due to my mobile being down.

8. I can't buy a new phone as I have a new car to buy first.

9. I have this lingering feeling that work isn't going so well.

10. The GF is round tonight and I will have to listen to her complain as my internet isn't working, my flat is cold, I don't put on the heating enough, I don't have any films to watch, the bathroom isn't spotless, I don't have a reliable cooker and can't stay at hers due again to the bad design and spectacularly fail public transport of Aberdeen and how badly designed it is for me to get to work.

On the upside I got a free pork pie, which looks awful and some snadwiches that would feed a cat, not a human. I am grateful but all the fillings are soggy veg.

Oh and finally I am getting a cold I think and my stomach is feeling terrible, due to the issues I have to put up with today.

Anyone want to swap or know that there place of business has an IT job going, even if it is low pay it is better than all the above *suitcase* I have to put up with due to Aberdeen and how disgusting, arrogant, irritating, vile and disturbing many of its inhabitants are.

'FireKnife'

Come work for the IT at my campus. If they need a building larger than most class buildings, they surely must have a job for you.

Plus, you can absolutely wreck the social structure of this place and make it worth a damn. :D

The whole "experience is needed" angle run by almost every business these days is the biggest load of bull. Mother took the courses to become a nurse, worked very hard at it, did well in all aspects despite her age, and she still couldn't get anywhere decent because of "lack of experience".

I'm sorry, but when even the lowest positions/places on the ladder bar you from working because of that, it truly is a *suitcasey* system that I will be glad when it finally falls apart.

As for myself, the usual: Frustrations over a paper due next week. Can't put my mind to it, house still a mess, family driving me to the brink-point constantly.

Female friend of mine: "Can you take nude photos of me?"

Me: "Are you drunk again?"

Sometimes I don't get people. At all.

I mean okay, I have nothing against nude photos, even if the chick is nothing special, but first, my camera is a joke (and I don't feel like buying a DSLR, or even borrowing my dad's one), and second, my apartment is a mess. No way in hell that would work. I don't half-*albatross* things. Working to rule, sure, but not half-assing.

And no, I doubt it's a sexual invitation.

EDIT: Also, *fruitcage* EU bureaucracy again. Suddenly those idiots need official additional confirmation that one of our subcontractors did work for us on the projects funded by the EU. NOW. After four years of us doing the same stuff over and over with the same amounts of money without the need for any "additional confirmation".

Me: "Are you drunk again?"

Sometimes I don't get people. At all.

I mean okay, I have nothing against nude photos, even if the chick is nothing special, but first, my camera is a joke (and I don't feel like buying a DSLR, or even borrowing my dad's one), and second, my apartment is a mess. No way in hell that would work. I don't half-*albatross* things. Working to rule, sure, but not half-assing.

And no, I doubt it's a sexual invitation.

This is how the conversation goes in my world:

Me: Sure, clothes off then.

Is it really that difficult. Then again why does she want them, for a spread in readers wives or to put on a profile on a sex personals site (the fact those exist makes me chuckle).

'FireKnife'

Is it really that difficult. Then again why does she want them, for a spread in readers wives or to put on a profile on a sex personals site (the fact those exist makes me chuckle).

She's a manic-depressive goth with a drinking problem and dominatrix fantasies. That's why it's not that simple.

Also, Stephen Fry just tweeted this one: http://t.co/H0kHwhR1 - did you say something about Scotland, and Aberdeen in particular, being depressing?

That link just sends me to Youtube, not Twitter.

But it has a point. Though as for Aberdeen it is very depressing. I would love to live in say Edinburgh, couldn't think of anywhere nicer in the UK to stay but Aberdeen is just awful, awful and nothing else.

As for the girl, if she isn't drunk and is serious then do it, why not? It isn't like you are actually going to *fruitcage* her is it? :P

'FireKnife'

Here's a simple but slightly nasty way of getting her to stop asking you to take the pics.

Take the pics and then "accidentally" loose whatever they're stored on. Then the pics can "accidentally" find their way online and she finds out they're out on the web

Oh, and I'm sure there are people on here who wouldn't say no to seeing them (not mentioning anyone in particular, exothermic oxidisation cutting device)

That link just sends me to Youtube, not Twitter.

But it has a point. Though as for Aberdeen it is very depressing. I would love to live in say Edinburgh, couldn't think of anywhere nicer in the UK to stay but Aberdeen is just awful, awful and nothing else.

Yeah, he tweeted the link to Youtube, as there's some mental health organization awareness campaign going on, and he just posts that kind of stuff often.
As for the girl, if she isn't drunk and is serious then do it, why not? It isn't like you are actually going to *fruitcage* her is it? :P

I really don't know. ;) We pretty much almost did once. ;)

Here's a simple but slightly nasty way of getting her to stop asking you to take the pics.

Take the pics and then "accidentally" loose whatever they're stored on. Then the pics can "accidentally" find their way online and she finds out they're out on the web

Oh, and I'm sure there are people on here who wouldn't say no to seeing them (not mentioning anyone in particular, exothermic oxidisation cutting device)

"Accidentally" lose a 200-quid camera or, worse, my dad's 600-quid DSLR. In a third-world Middle-Eastern Europe country-sized Aberdeen sort of *suitcase*-hole where people are more interested in the camera itself and less with the photos on it. Are you and idiot, an idiot or an idiot?

That and I had her old naked photos somewhere before my HDD went 'splode (please note, Seagate HDDs are utter *suitcase*).

Archived