My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

What is the point in voting when all the party's lie to get your vote in the first place . And then never fulfill their promises to the electorate . Hobson's choice !!

I can see why the turnout to vote is at its lowest levels nowadays . People are fed up of being lied to , hoodwinked , and treated like idiots . All the mps are in it to feather their own nests . Maybe if mps , councilers stopped lying and abusing their positions / expenses etc , people might start to respect them and listen to what they have to say . At this moment in time I can not find anyone who is worthy of receiving my vote . .and I know that I am not the only person who feels this way .

As for branding me a criminal , I am no more criminal in my actions than the traffic warden that wrongfully issues a ticket to some poor motorist knowing damn well that they are doing so .

The biggest criminals in this country are the people in suits sitting in luxury offices with lives funded by their fraudulent expenses / claims hiding behind their air of respectability .

Remember its our taxes / money that they are swindling away to feather their nests .

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Voting is, arguably, the ONLY chance we have to effect changes in the way our country is run. If you don't use that chance, *fruitcage* you. Better to spoil your vote (which i've done before) than just not bother. 

Spoiling your ballot is basically the same as not bothering to vote. They don't count them up and tell everyone the big political statement you've made by writing "none of the above" or whatever. I'm pretty sure they just bin them.

Yeah, that'll be conventional.

Conventional systems use an external switching valve to send hot water from the heating circuit into the hot water loop.

Usually the head of said valve can be swapped out, if the body has seized though it'll need a system drain down to fix.

If it is the valve, of course.

I think this is the second time in the last 12 months I've agreed with FireKnife. Worrying stuff.

To be honest I only post about two or three worthwhile posts a year :P. The rest is just fluff that shows how bored I am at work, the fact it makes actually words and sentences amazes me.

'FireKnife'

*bramston pickle* weather.

Tell me about it...

Rained on way to work.

Stopped when I got there.

Blue sky, sunshine and fluffy white clouds right now.

You know its gonna it down again come 5 o'clock.

I ride a motorbike. Keeping me penned in behind a desk in this weather should be illegal.

As for branding me a criminal , I am no more criminal in my actions

Oh yes, you absolutely are. Vandalism is criminal. Parking fines are civil.

If you were a marshall and mistakenly called me out for not taking hits would you be ok with me taking a *suitcase* on your car windscreen?

I think for me this should go in the happy thread but given that the responses might be rants it is going in here instead.

I have just spent the last few minutes bursting out laughing at the comments people have been making against David Bowie after his little addition to his acceptance speech for an award about Scotland staying in the UK.

What makes me laugh the most though is not the stupidity of some of the comments but the fact that so many people are saying things like '*fruitcage* off you don't even live in the UK' while the celebrity spokesperson for the campaign for Independence is Sean Connery, a man who has spent the last 20 odd years evading high tax rates by living outside of the UK.

Lots of pot = kettle comments that are just so hilarious and show that people are just too ill informed to live. I know we just talked about voting and it is still a right to do so but damn it worries me that these people are allowed to decide for or against Scotlands future standing. Both sides have thrown up some truly stupid comments and it has reached hilarity point now :D.

'FireKnife'

Some parking wArdens fraudently issue tickets to motorists , knowing darn well that they are commiting fraud . Unfortuantly they are protected / encouraged by their bosses to do this . Because they know the chances of a comeback are pretty slim . Even when this happens there is no system in place to compensate the victim or prosecute the company's / employees for participating in something that is to all intents and purposes fraud . Which is a criminal offence !

Oh yes, you absolutely are. Vandalism is criminal. Parking fines are civil.

If you were a marshall and mistakenly called me out for not taking hits would you be ok with me taking a *suitcase* on your car windscreen?

Not the same , now if I was a Marshall and fined you for mistakenly not taking your hits with the possibility of bailiffs turning up at your house to add costs on top of that fine . Or if I was a Marshall who lied about you not taking your hits and fined you with the full backing of my managers supporting me . I probably would expect you to *suitcase* on my car ..

I had some shoes that got utterly *fruitcage*ed after about a year (well one of the shoes anyway, the other was fine) And they weren't cheap either. I figured it was a manufacturing defect so I contacted the manufacturer and sent them photos and they said take them to the shop but I had no receipt.  I figured they would want to defend their brand but they couldn't care less.  When they get their *suitcase* together and get a proper facebook page I'll post the pics on their and see if that gets any attention.

My traffic warden rant, parking in leeds had the blue badge on the dash of the car and the *bramston pickle* *Ubar* ticketed me because of "failure to properly display the badge" because though it was facing the right way up the clock was set and all the rules fulfilled, the writing was facing my bonnet and so the lazy *fruitcage* had to turn his head round to read it. I had to pay the *fruitcage* ticket to be able to contest it as their system was basically pay first and then we may give you your money back if we were in the wrong. 

and the voting thing I have spoiled my ballot on two occasions both because I wasn't in my opinion morally able to give my support to any candidate in the election I wasn't comfortable sacrificing my principles enough to vote for any of them but I felt that going out to vote was actually important. 

and the voting thing I have spoiled my ballot on two occasions both because I wasn't in my opinion morally able to give my support to any candidate in the election I wasn't comfortable sacrificing my principles enough to vote for any of them but I felt that going out to vote was actually important. 

But then by spoiling the ballot paper you haven't really 'voted' have you?

In the past I have tactically voted, voted for the underdog and voted once for a party I actually believed in but I would never think of going just to waste my vote. As I am one in 65-odd million in the UK and one in 5-odd million in Scotland I won't make that much of a difference but I can still try.

Saying that I know that this year is an important one as I know that if I am still in Scotland I will be voting in the referendum as that is a vote that is going to drastically change things if it goes ahead. I bet even then only something like 20-25% of people will turn out to vote based on those that are registered.

'FireKnife'

A 'vote' as in what sense?

You have not chosen a party and thus it is not a vote is it?

I just don't get people that do such things. Why not just vote for say the Green Party? They are never going to win but they have some good policies and damn are they trying, that I think is worth my vote if the big two just get into the typical lies and slagging match that they normally do. You have still voted and it is a much better use of your time than spoiling it.

Though sadly by that logic groups like the BNP are starting to get votes and UKIP popularity is on the up. As much as spoiling a ballot is a bad thing I would rather people didn't vote for these parties but still they have actually ticked a box and voted so I have to respect them for that even if their policies and ideals are outmoded, medieval or just plain racist / homophobic.

'FireKnife'

Archived