My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luckily they were not very good at making bombs as I don't believe a single person has died yet from them (aside from the actual terrorists of course).  Some might succumb to their injuries though.  Looking at the video of the moment of the attack at the theatre, it was near pitch black, very loud, strobe lighting e.t.c. easy to see how they could be completely taken by surprise.

Had some pillock at work joke about his breakfast possibly being a bomb this morning. Told him to get out. Pub manager looked over at me and to be honest expected a *badger*ing but she just nodded.

Had a member of staff call in and say she was terrified to leave her house, let alone come to work, yet she was spotted in town shopping and smiling as if nothing was wrong an hour later. So in my mind it looks like she was using it as an excuse, but knowing stress works in funny ways I can't really confront her about it. If she did use it as an excuse for a day off I'm *fruitcage* disgusted.

She's off because she can't leave her home. She left home, to me that's gross negligence. Definitley put her on a final warning. Using a tragedy as an excuse to have a day off, *fruitcage* disgusting.

That's just horrible.

I think the attacks in Paris will do what 9/11 did to the us people, made them realise.that a hostage scenario isn't just going to be we want 100k and a helicopter like in the movies and the 70's-90's

It's going to end in deaths and so you have to be prepare to fight and possibly die.

I think it will change how people think and respond to an attack.

The scary thing is is the current statements allege ISIS have operatives here willing and ready to attack the royal family at the parade thing this week coming.

Some woman hit my girlfriend in her car.

Insurance are laying the blame on my girlfriend solely due to where the damage is on each car, even though the woman hit her while she was mid maneuver.

What's me right off is the fact that this woman was demanding money off her there and then, and may not even be insured.

Also, I suspect a guy at my new job is a Walt. Some of his stories don't match up, and he showed me a couple of pictures of "his mate" and both exact pictures were in an article about a sniper who I'm sure wasn't in the regiment this guy claims he was from.

Insurance is weird, they have hard and fast rules based on what you were doing when you got hit. I had a prolonged thing with insurers years back, where the kid who ran in the back of me on his scooter was telling all sorts of lies. What he's said happened couldn't have. Had a private investigator out and everything. Was in the days before google maps, which would have shown the kid to be lying.

Of course the fact I had two Accidents in one day didn't help. Neither were my fault!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had one a few weeks ago unfortunately. I was mid manoeuvre and the woman pulled out of her parking space into my blind spot. Knocked both bumpers.

Apparently if they could prove that the woman was stationary when I started my manoeuvre it would've all been on her. I'm certain she was and she's saying she wasn't. But unfortunately the security cameras on the car park are all working except for the one needed. Surprise surprise. So it's affected my no claims and im paying through the teeth for it now. *bramston pickle*.

*fruitcage* news.  Headline 'Passenger attempts to open cockpit door'

One of the last lines of the article. 

An earlier state police report that the woman had attempted to open the cockpit door was inaccurate, police said.

The same *fruitcage* article...

Poor thing (your child, you and your other half).

It's been a month and bits of tooth are still finding thier way out, from inside my gum. Lovely. First world problem.

I'm ok, been an insomniac since I was about 4 so can cope without sleep, but thanks :)

Edit, that sounded selfish! I meant the wife and boy are suffering :)

As for tonight, took the dogs out as usual. Full-on leaning into the wind, it peaked at 53mph according to the sailing club we pass. As it's Wednesday I usually go for a pint with a mate who walks his dogs the same route.

Thought "ooh, I won't put the windproof, waterproof shooting trousers on as the pub is red hot and they are quilted. Lightweight walking trews it is!" Dry all the way there, happy bunny...

Set off home, could have jumped and landed in the garden due to the wind, but then the rain came. Sideways. Thought it was hail it stung that hard. Pants were that wet that they started to fill my boots up. We couldn't help but laugh though!

Rock and roll, me... :P

Walt's annoy me as do the one uppers.

There's one I deal with on a regular basis if you've been to tenerife he's been to 11.' Type.

We were talking about airs oft in the shop and got onto real.guns since one of the guys is interested in shooting when he goes to Vegas and I recommended the rental range I used when there. This one upper comes out with a couple of corkers.

Apparantly he has a glock in the UK and when he was a cadet bz he couldn't afford to buy the rifle that everyone used he converted an air rifle to fire blanks.

Now iv not done much with cadets other than poking round the ccf armoury going 'ooh pretty' and copping off with a friend at school whilst she was still in her uniform but that sounds like 100% grade A *badger*s to me.

Poor thing (your child, you and your other half).

It's been a month and bits of tooth are still finding thier way out, from inside my gum. Lovely. First world problem.

I had that for about 4-5 months after having a tooth removed - first few times it freaked me out but I learnt to love it. When you can feel it with your tongue and its annoying then you get some tweezers and slide it out mmmmmmmmm so satisfying. long live the new flesh 

Archived