My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

They are recording traffic...

Wear that hiviz jacket maybe confuse them! Or is there another route into the area?

Here dui checkpoints are illegal.

Just yt illegal dui checkpoints, oh boy, cops don't know the law they are trying to uphold.

They just want to randomly find someone who is in trouble so they can get their larger bonuses.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max’s toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog…When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I went nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out…But the worst thing I ever done — I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa — and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.

No idea on the bridge cops thing. Unless one of the marked cars had ANPR. Still no idea why plain clothes would be there though.

Technically cops can do that. S.165 of the road traffic act I think covers it.

However, why bother? There's enough to do without creating work for yourself.

For example: http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/14206056.Firefighter__police_and_ambulance_try_to_persuade_homeless_man_to_go_to_shelter/

- two fire engines

- another fire and rescue vehicle

- police van

- police car

- an ambulance

All to move a homeless person.  Talk about creating work! 

You can get wankers in every walk of life but if you get a *wheelbarrow* who happens to be a cop then life gets A LOT harder. Case in point my dad was driving down a single lane motorway carriage merge thing (road works) when a BMW gets behind him and up his *albartroth*, lights flashing. Like most people my dad gives him the finger. Should be the end of the story but nah - its a unmarked police car. Blue lights come on, dad made to pull over, documents out and breathlysed "don't give the police the middle finger". What can you say to that? Nothing. You just have to sit there and take it...

In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max’s toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog…When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I went nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out…But the worst thing I ever done — I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa — and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.

No donkey and honeycomb in a brothel?

Also, I almost ran out of bandwith on my phone. A week into the billing period. They'll slap the two extra quid for the additional two gigs again, and I'll have to go through my phone settings and check where the hell are those megabytes leaking. I'm assuming it's app updater thinger being stupid.

For example: http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/14206056.Firefighter__police_and_ambulance_try_to_persuade_homeless_man_to_go_to_shelter/

- two fire engines

- another fire and rescue vehicle

- police van

- police car

- an ambulance

All to move a homeless person. Talk about creating work!

You can get wankers in every walk of life but if you get a *wheelbarrow* who happens to be a cop then life gets A LOT harder. Case in point my dad was driving down a single lane motorway carriage merge thing (road works) when a BMW gets behind him and up his *albartroth*, lights flashing. Like most people my dad gives him the finger. Should be the end of the story but nah - its a unmarked police car. Blue lights come on, dad made to pull over, documents out and breathlysed "don't give the police the middle finger". What can you say to that? Nothing. You just have to sit there and take it...

In no way am I trying to pin that on your dad, or say you don't get *wheelbarrow* cops, but had he done anything? Maybe going too slow for the merge?

Every traffic cop I know takes forever to get wound up. They are the most laid back breed of cop.

I saw someone get arrested the other day.  He was laying in the road, arms and legs secured with Velcro straps.  No idea what he had done, but guess resisting arrest considering there was 7 police cars and 2 vans on the scene lol.  I lost count of the number of PCs I saw milling around.  Not seen anything like that before.

Defo resisting if restraints are used.

The lots of cops about can look bad in the public eye - "why so many police for one man" - but it's done to be safest for the person being nicked. Sounds silly, but there it is.

On top of that, an officer could have lost control of the situation and hit the panic button, or it got pressed in a scuffle. That gets everyone on scene ASAP.

During the winter I do snow removal, I shoveled 8 hours today, going back out at 7am tomorrow.

Some areas 2 foot drifts, its stupid heavy one of our plows broke a stabilize spring and a guide foot(to keep from gouging the ground).

Then the gated community bitched about how we do things so 2 crews had to pick up a few of our job sites.

*fruitcage* sucks!

I had to get up at 6:30 because some inspection from the gas works is checking the installations today in the afternoon. Nobody likes gas leaks from an oven, right?

Also, I have to pull some stupid-*albatross* "statistical data" from the system at work, people are incompetent, they have no clue why they're doing what they're doing, or how should they be doing what they're doing, and I'd be homicidal if I wasn't so sleepy.

Archived