My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is probably not something I should admit to on here but I played paintball at the weekend.  Yes, I know but it was a stag do so whatever.  Still amusing but Jesus Christ, I forgot how expensive paintballs were.  They were charging £70 for a thousand...Plus, better guns if you paid more so wasn't exactly a level playing field.

Also, Theresa may as PM.  Urrghh.

This is probably not something I should admit to on here but I played paintball at the weekend.  Yes, I know but it was a stag do so whatever.  Still amusing but Jesus Christ, I forgot how expensive paintballs were.  They were charging £70 for a thousand...Plus, better guns if you paid more so wasn't exactly a level playing field.

Also, Theresa may as PM.  Urrghh.

I played paintball once, it was quite fun, but jesus wept you're right about the cost. £5 for 100 when I played, but that was probably 8 years ago...

I tried to google pokestop and I got results for pokémon go.

Lame.

Wow. Real mature. 

There are no Pokestops near my house or my work.

WHYYYYYYYYYYY!?

I have a pokestop round the corner, conveniently on the way to the shop.

Also, today there was a Pidgey on my desk and an Eevee hiding in the racking in the warehouse.

I have a pokestop round the corner, conveniently on the way to the shop.

Also, today there was a Pidgey on my desk and an Eevee hiding in the racking in the warehouse.

I found an Eevee the other day, and quite a few pidgeys. I've got a bublasaur as well

*grumbles about you kids wandering about with heads buried in new-fangled smartphones*

I used to play with Lego and build dens in the woods, while crafting makeshift machetes and bows and arrows.

Grumble.

I'm nearly 40 and today I spent 20 minutes jumping off a pier, swimming and climbing back on to increase my lung capacity in GTA Online.

All these types of games trigger that desire to level up that humans suffer from.

The game doesn't matter, it's only an aesthetic difference.

I'm feeling age a bit, and have gained a stone since Christmas.

I'm leveling up for real, going on holiday in 10 weeks, and am going to make the effort to not be a pasty bloke with a beer belly for my wife, as she's making an effort too. Not that she needs to, but you know girls...

Todays rant.

so, as part of becoming an ADI (Approved Driving Instructor) I obviously have to pass a current driving theory/hazard perception test and practical driving test, to make sure, y'know, I can actually drive and I know the stuff I'll be teaching.

So I've got one o'them hazard perception DVD thingos. Essentially, the hazard perception test is a vidyo clip where you have to click each time there is a hazard, and if you click really early when you spot it, 5 points! then it's a sliding scale to 1 point and then nothink if you don't click in time.

GUESS WHO IS TOO *fruitcage* GOOD!? Seriously. I'm clicking because there's a *fruitcage* hazard, but it's before the *fruitcage* computer thinks I'm able to spot a hazard, so I don't get any marks for it.

If I see a line of cars braking as they're going over a junction when they've got a green light, there's a *fruitcage* hazard there. I don't need to see the people pushing the car in the middle of the road to know it's a hazard, I've read the road environment well enough to ESP the *suitcase* out of that.

Also, I spotted that cyclist a good 4 seconds before the points 'area' was active, so I got no points for that. 

because i've already twigged that a cyclist with a flappy high-vis vest is a hazard. So i didn't click again as nothing had changed.

So now I'm going to have to try to actively be worse at spotting potential hazards because y'all computers can't keep up with me.

Urgh.

Computer says no.

*suitcase* like that annoys me, you're tested against what someone else thinks and has a say in writing the exercise, but you may actually be better than that and yet get penalised.

I shouldn't have to be worse at something just because they don't think people can acknowledge hazards without seeing them. Case in point of the broken down car - other vehicles are reacting to something, so Shirley I'll have to react to that also?

Another one was a narrow-ish lane under tree cover emerging on a nice looking bit of grass with a small stone bridge. There were kids on the side of the road over a fence, so I clicked, because there might be more of them, or some responsible adults looking over the kids near the bridge where I can't see them yet.

Turns out there were people walking on the bridge that you can't see unless you're looking at the specific 5 pixel wide strip of sky directly above the bridge wall and so I scored a 2 for that, despite clicking for the kids, and the bridge before the actualy 'hazard' was visible.

So, I've got my pre assessment for my teeth up today. 8.30 appointment at the local hospital.

I arrive at 8.15 because Britishness, wait outside the department for 15 minutes because they don't unlock the waiting area until precisely 8.30. Fair enough.

My appointment is now 25 minutes late, Probably the first appointment they had booked today. 25 minutes. Nearly half an hour.

And its a pay and display car park, which means if I'm sat waiting much longer I'll have to go and out another hour on my car but that means of they call for my appointment while I'm doing that I'll miss it and it'd somehow be my fault that this hospital is a *suitcase* show.

I had the same issue with the hazard perception video when I had to do it for my HGV licence.

Clicking too early... "It's not a hazard yet"

Really? There's this thing called 'anticipation' that I was told we were supposed to be using...

Shmook, puhlease behave!

Doesn't glue increase the inflammation?

No, not at all.

I wouldn't use activator though since normal CA glues are activated my moisture which is what you are made of.

Superglue, iodine and a bit of gauze are the only things in my cycling first aid kit.

Archived