My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Some car related moaning from me today.

1.  When it's dark, you need your lights on.  Yes.  Even if you're just sitting in traffic.

2.  If you're not comfortable doing a proper speed on a NSL road.  Pull the *fruitcage* over and let the million cars you're holding up pass.

3.  Suitable times to put your fog lights on; when it's foggy.  Not when you feel the need to announce to everyone you're a world class bellend.  I've noticed Audi drivers in particular struggle to grasp this one.

Streetlights on? your lights should be on.

Raining? your lights should be on.

Overcast/dark/dismal out? your lights should be on.

pretty much if it's not 'good' weather (for the UK) your lights should be on. Not just so you can see, but so you can be seen.

2: sadly there's not many roads (i've never encountered one) with a minimum speed limit, despite there being road signage in place for it.

Also, NSL does not mean you must drive betwixt 55 and 60 (70 if dual cabbageway). There are some roads near me which are NSL but I wouldn't drive at more than 30 in some parts because of bad sightlines and suspect road surfaces.

CAN YOU SEE OVER 100 METERS? IF YES, YOU DON'T NEED YOUR *fruitcage* FOG LIGHTS ON.

CAN YOU SEE THE CAR BEHIND YOU? IF YES, YOU DON'T NEED YOUR REAR FOG LIGHTS ON.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't need your lights on just because it's raining.

Nor just because of a few clouds.

Unless these conditions are happening *at night* of course.

If it's raining hard enough to reduce daylight visibility to the point where you'd need headlights, you probably wouldn't want to be driving in it anyway...

Meh, overcast and my sidelights are on. Every little helps.

*puts cop hat on* and speed limits are exactly that. Limits, not targets.

*still wearing said hat* fog lights on? Words of advice given. Unless you're a lippy twat, then there's a £30 quid fine winging its way to your home address. Some folk won't heed advice, no matter how many times you try to offer it.

Haters may hate, I don't care.

Spent most of the day trying to figure out what was wrong with two gearboxes and try to build a third from some quick change shell I had lying about.  Nothing worked at all and one motor and shell pretty much shot, the qc shells was pretty much worthless since nothing fit it right.  So now my regular kalash and whatnot are out of action and I never plan to open up a gearbox ever again. 

Meh, overcast and my sidelights are on. Every little helps.

See, this is the same logic behind the government passing that useless daylight running lights requirement. If you can't see a car during the day without putting lights on it, then you have no business being anywhere near a road.

There was, and still is, a guideline for when to use lights in the Highway Code. Last time I checked it, it didn't include 'a bit of rain' or 'a few clouds' as requiring lights.

To need lights, it would have to be *really* overcast. And I mean really *REALLY*...

See, this is the same logic behind the government passing that useless daylight running lights requirement. If you can't see a car during the day without putting lights on it, then you have no business being anywhere near a road.

There was, and still is, a guideline for when to use lights in the Highway Code. Last time I checked it, it didn't include 'a bit of rain' or 'a few clouds' as requiring lights.

To need lights, it would have to be *really* overcast. And I mean really *REALLY*...

I realise I shouldn't have to, but the amount of *fruitcage*wits on the roads is staggering.

If having my sidelights on gives me even the slightest edge in not being hit by some twat who can't see anything past the end of their bonnet or is buried in facebook then I'm doing it.

Edit, missed a word.

Edit 2, I've been hit before while driving a marked police car. The guy tried to claim he hadn't seen us...

I have my lights on dipped literally all the time, I only ever use main beam when I am the only one on the road.

The reason for this is probably Army.

It has long been Army policy that you must always have lights on unless "tactical".

Also, you must always park in reverse.

Whatever.

I think I have genuinely needed to use fog lights perhaps twice in the 14 years I have lived in Kent.

Needed them all the time in Scottish coastal towns.

Hedge. I have one thing going for me and that's my eyesight. It's near perfect. But when driving in drizzle, slight fog or otherwise non-clear weather conditions I'll put on my 'city lights'- ( I don't know what they're called in the UK. Normal at the back and 2 tiny bulbs in the front)

It nvr hurts to be seen, mate. No need for a mandatory hiviz car Colour and warning lights. But a bit of light won't burn your eyes out :).

It also depends on how busy the road is, how bright the environment is, how overcast it is etc.

Ever noticed that you need a f#cktonne of bright light when biking in a city filled with LED billboards, neon light, famous Belgian streetlights, xenon en LED headlights and flashing warning light?

While out in the dark countryside I'd be fine with 2 5mm leds on my bike.

That is the problem. We're so drowned in lumens that you need more and more to be seen.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

*fruitcage* it. I'm handing my resignation tomorrow.

I had enough, and this particular shitshow was just too much.

Sure, I *fruitcage*ed up and set the wrong sum range in Excel. BLATANTLY, OBVIOUSLY wrong. I haven't noticed mostly because I was tired from doing it for three *fruitcage* days.

A coworker was supposed to check it. The supervisor was supposed to check it. The auditor was supposed to check it. Best of all, guys in Brussels were supposed to check it before the end of January.

Today, those *fruitcage* Belgian tossers call me, say they found it and we're supposed to do something about it before tomorrow. And that involves calling the auditor and having him submit the corrected audit report.

I catch enough *suitcase* from the supervisor to fill ten septic trucks.

This is it. I am well and truly out of this burning whorehouse, rain or shine. Three months to find a new job.

Archived