My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I found an interesting thing on AliExpress. Turns out, someone repurposed the old plastic gearboxes and battery packs used in LPEGs, increased the caliber and the new craze are 9mm gel rounds. Also, people making that ripped off a nice futuristic design from a random guy on DeviantArt, so my idea is to buy one of those things and at least use it as a photo prop, if not stuff a P90 gearbox inside. The problem is, I can't motivate myself to work on it, and it's still $120 for the gun, plus $60 for the gearbox.

Isn't funny how the older you get, the more "know it alls" appear. You know the type, the guy who will tell you why and HOW the sky is blue. All you can do is look can is look at them with a blank face, while inside you're screaming STFU.

Really, these people are hustlers of ideas. They want you to buy their ideas and give them reverence for their bravado. And, the older I get the more I want to choke these mother*******.

Isn't funny how the older you get, the more "know it alls" appear. You know the type, the guy who will tell you why and HOW the sky is blue. All you can do is look can is look at them with a blank face, while inside you're screaming STFU.

Really, these people are hustlers of ideas. They want you to buy their ideas and give them reverence for their bravado. And, the older I get the more I want to choke these mother*******.

Sounds like one of the halfwits I work with, after watching one documentary he thinks he's an expert on a subject. He even once tried to give me a lecture in plate tectonics, despite knowing I spent 4 years studying geology at uni. After about 5 minutes I told him that was the primary school version and bored him senseless by correcting what was wrong and going into great detail from the rest

Dell outlet, or get stunt to build you a kickass Lenovo think pad.

If you are an Apple fanboy I can't help you but if you only want to read websites and do FB you can get the Ultraportable X240 for only £200 on eBay right now.

It'll last forever and has a lot better connectivity than an Apple product.

Mind you,of thsat is all you want you can also get by with a Chromebook.

Or Chromium on Ubuntu Linux.  You can get PCs cheaper on eBay with no OS.

Thanks but I work with a Dell partner so can get Dell stuff for peanuts already, just not my cup of tea. When you compare the prices of most laptops that aren't made of plastic nowadays, then there's really not a great difference in price. Maybe 4-5 years ago, but not anymore, everyone else raised their prices.

Not really into the whole brand Wars myself, I know what I like and I'll stick with it, it was more a dig at the awful shop service!

I wanted a big, moderately tacky scimitar for a prop. I know that sourcing one from the US is at least $110. I found one much cheaper at a local store, but it's "Special order", so I called them today.

Turns out, they tried to order it since last six months and it's as if they're out of production. Which I find strange as I still find them in stock in US stores.

For $110.

*fruitcage*.

Archived