Glock Picture Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

installing a slide on a full auto glock is not the same as a semi.  You have to take apart the "switch" mechanism and from what I hear it's a real pain in the butt.  If you want a full auto glock with a metal slide and trades - find someone who is selling one or buy a "custom" one from WGC or Uncompany.

As far as swapping the internals, With a good diagram its not that hard. If you get stuck you could even use this. Its a guide on how to install a rocket valve but it should assist you in the dis-assembly and re-assembly of the slides internals

The fitment is the tricky part when installing metal slides. Unfortunately there is no other option at this present time for these 2 guns besides the KSC Metal slides. But fortunately enough, the fitment of these slides is extremely easy.

I would just recommend getting one used, for one, you know whether the gun will have trades.

When you buy a used 18C you're only buying someone else’s headache.

G18Cs can develop so many problems if there not taken care of properly. Buy a new one, this way you know that you properly maintained it from the start.

WGC is known for hacking up the trademarks. Right now I'm trying to get them NOT to burn the trades off a gun I recently ordered. If you really want to buy an upgraded gun I suggest using Dentrinity. I've ordered a couple guns and slides from them and they have all showed up perfect with all trades intact.

Go to Dens website and search for: DEN Custom KSC Glock 18C

Edited by junior

If you buy the gun with the slide you want on it, there's a good chance the trades might get messed with. I know they're fake trades on that one, but you never know how careful a customs official is going to be with accuracy of trades. Think about it. 8-5 shift, uneventful, and you get a chance to go nuts with a dremel... mmm dremel.

-Sh0ty

What supressor length looks good on a Glock? I was looking at various makes and models and the shorter versions (100mm or less, metal, and preferably with no markings) appeal to me :P Can anyone recommend one?

To upgrade a standard Glock 18 to take green gas what parts do I need?

Enhanced recoil rod

Enhanced hammer spring

Metal outer barrel & slide

High flow valves (per mag)

Metal Mag latch*

CCW metal outer barrel*

What have I missed? I seem to be able to get all of this from ehobbyasia at relatively good prices.

Will post pics up as soon as I complete the build.

What supressor length looks good on a Glock? I was looking at various makes and models and the shorter versions (100mm or less, metal, and preferably with no markings) appeal to me :P Can anyone recommend one?

I have a couple of G&G SS-100s that I use on my G17s.

I also have a King Arms AAC Evolution 9mm silencer that I use on another G17.

IMG_0457.jpg

They both look good in my opinion, although the longer one is used to cover an extended inner barrel.

Junior, that bottom silencer (is it the G&G SS 100) looks ace! And it's cheap! I was looking at the Guarder Special Edition 9mm silencer, that also looks nice but it looks like the thing is made out of hard foam with metal end caps. Is this just me?

Hi i was looking for a new sidearm and the KSC G23f is looking REALLY temping. this wouldnt be my first GBB, i did have an HFC M190 before, but it was a lemon and died on me so i still dont really have much GBB experience.

anyhoo, how reliabe is this pistol long term? how much maintainance does it need? what upgrades are a must? (apart from metal slide obviously, as i intend to run it on green)

oh, and can anoyne suggest a laser, torch, LAM etc that will fit on a glock 23f and be pretty much flush with the barrel (and level with the bottom of the trigger guard if possible)

Junior, that bottom silencer (is it the G&G SS 100) looks ace! And it's cheap! I was looking at the Guarder Special Edition 9mm silencer, that also looks nice but it looks like the thing is made out of hard foam with metal end caps. Is this just me?

Thanks, yeah the bottom one is the G&G SS-100. I couldnt tell you about the Guarder one because I never saw it before...You have a link?

Hi i was looking for a new sidearm and the KSC G23f is looking REALLY temping. this wouldnt be my first GBB, i did have an HFC M190 before, but it was a lemon and died on me so i still dont really have much GBB experience.

anyhoo, how reliabe is this pistol long term? how much maintainance does it need? what upgrades are a must? (apart from metal slide obviously, as i intend to run it on green)

oh, and can anoyne suggest a laser, torch, LAM etc that will fit on a glock 23f and be pretty much flush with the barrel (and level with the bottom of the trigger guard if possible)

grr, no edit. yeah, i posted this in general discussion but thought i might try to speak directly to the glock users :)

If your looking for long term reliability look away from the full auto KSC/KWA series Glocks. Look around the forums and you'll see many posts on problems associated with the G18C, 23F, and 26C.

If you absolutely have to get one, regular maintenance is a must. Lube the gun often, check and tighten the screw on the blow back unit often, check and tighten the grub screw under the rear sight often. Check for worn parts and replace as needed.

Upgrade wise, if you want to run green in it like you said, I would start with a metal slide and an upgraded recoil rod and spring. Eventually you might want to upgrade the hammer spring, rocket valve, and plug spring. you could also add a tightbore for slighty better accuracy on semi, and a upgraded metal mag catch when the stock one starts to wear out.

i just want something that wont need tonnes of heavy tinkering and stuff. a few screws tightning i can manage no problem. what parts would i expect a lot of wear on, whereabouts are they? and i had a bookmark to a site of GBB maintainence tips at one point, can anyone link me to one?

having never owned a glock, just wondered, are the triggers metal or plastic?

i just want something that wont need tonnes of heavy tinkering and stuff. a few screws tightning i can manage no problem. what parts would i expect a lot of wear on, whereabouts are they? and i had a bookmark to a site of GBB maintainence tips at one point, can anyone link me to one?

having never owned a glock, just wondered, are the triggers metal or plastic?

The trigger is plastic, as is the magazine release. I've not dealt with full auto Glocks but I assume that simple lubing and cleaning of the selector switch area and other internals would be sufficient maintenence.

Edited by RSP1
The trigger is plastic, as is the magazine release. I've not dealt with full auto Glocks but I assume that simple lubing and cleaning of the selector switch area and other internals would be sufficient maintenence.

I've replaced to mag catch on my G18 cos the weight of the long mags gradually wore it down and caused misfires.. No probelms since :D