US Spec Op helmets

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm... that sounds good. However I have no comparision for I have a 90's era kevlar PASGT and that MICH-2000. They are different material so they would sound different anyway :)

Weight is a good indictator. As Drake says, the lable on teh inside. General feel of the helmet... a real one is made out of Kevlar, right? Well replicas aren't. They're fibreglass, so they make a different noise when tapped too.

Replica Norotos NV mount £18 / $36 posted.

It figures EbayBanned would start selling this AFTER I drilled a hole in my new MICH to mount the old style NV mount.. bah.

LOl I did the same... gonna have to pick one of these up though... except I'm now lumbered with an old mount ;)

Thanks for the news

MICH 2000:

MICH20001.jpg

MICH20002.jpg

IBH:

IBH1.jpg

IBH2.jpg

And If Oakley is your thing:

IBH3.jpg

I realise that my velcr is not stuck down 100%, after skirmishing, double side adhesive is not the best idea... I'll stick it down permanently when I get the time.

Looks like I'll be putting the Norotos on the MICH, unless I can bebothered to by another MICH :D

Edited by Delta_Knight

I picked up mine from ebay. Self adhesive velcro, black 50mm. About 4 quid posted for a metre of each side.

Thanks Siygess, that's AWESOME news... I need to respray my MICH, as the "OD" ebaybanned advertise.. just isn't. So a respray and Norotos and new helmet straps in foliage green... I'm actually amazed at how little you can get a very good looking helmet for!

Here is my Tan IBH Helmet that I completed a couple of weeks ago...

I used a surplus military headset and mounted on the helmet.

Its also converted to work with my modified FRS radio using the original pins.

The modified military radio is a PRC-148 shell with a FRS radio electronics. This way I can use my existing headsets with just the pin converted to the military U229 connector.

I also have several military headsets converted this way so all of them can be plugged in to the radio.

Let me know what you guys think...

PICT0023-2.jpg

PICT0026-3.jpg

PICT0003-1.jpg

PICT0025-2.jpg

PICT0016.jpg

PICT0020-2.jpg

Some of my "Spec Ops" style Helmets:

100_1272.jpg

From Left to Right: CVC Helmet Tan (Heavily Modified), Pro-Tec Delta (OD), MICH TC-2000 (Replica Tan), ACH/MICH TC-2000 (Real Steel)

100_1274.jpg

The CVC (Combat Vehicle Crew) Helmet Shell has been modified using "real steel" ACH/MICH hardware, pads and suspension system. It was modeled after the "IBH Helmet System."

100_1240.jpg

100_1275.jpg

100_1276.jpg

MICH TC-2000 (Tan, Replica) with genuine Norotos mount and swing arm. ACH/MICH (real steel) with genuine Norotos mount and swing arm.

100_1277.jpg

Both helmets are pictured with "ESS Profile NVG Goggles" and "Goggle Retention Straps."

100_1278.jpg

Modified CVC "IBH Replica" and Pro-Tec.

100_1279.jpg

Pro-Tec pictured with velcro mods for IFF tabs, patches, etc.

100_1280.jpg