TM P90's Discontinued.

JaredLeto

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really consider myself a fan of Armalites but I have to say mine is probably the most practical gun I've got.

Actually, no. That's not true. My MP5 is just as good, just older and a bit rusty and dented.

Anyway, thing is there's no real reason not to like the Armalite. It's just that plenty of other guns have similar qualities going for them as well.

It's like jumping up and down and telling everybody to buy a Volvo cos it has 4 wheels.

As I've said before, I'd dump all my other guns and use an SA80 if somebody released a decent, reliable one.

In the mean time, I've got a new set of FA-MAS gears, piston and spring on order for my Academy one. Maybe that'll do me for now.

I'm inclined to agree. Has this topic served its useful function? Is there still conversation to be had over the discontinuing of the P90?

Back on-topic please guys, or the thread will be locked.

Cheers :)

I like Sid's rant, I may have to do one now too....  :D

RANT

At EVERY single airsoft event I go to, 90% of the people are using armalites and wearing US woodland, it seems as though I'm the only one with the least bit of creativity with my German Fleck/AK combo.

What is so great about Armalites that they're better than every other replica out there? Same thing with US gear. Just because it's American doesn't necessarily mean it's any good

Expand your horizons people!! Start with the next time you order BDUs, order something other than woodland, it's not going to kill you or make you a traitor, I wear German Fleck in Amerika and have yet to see the Homeland Gestapo busting down my door for it

Heaven Forbid you should show up with something other than an Armalite and woodland camo

In the end, it's everyone who bought Armalites that are to blame for this, instead of thinking for themselves they go out and buy the same gun as everybody else, or because it's Amerikan.

So quit bitching and go buy some more US gear to make yourself feel better.

END OF RANT

I know what you mean. However, to 'keep it real' I shall be knocking about in Flecktarn with a Famas in my hand and a Tac Master on my thigh. Truely and interesting and I think original setup.

Back on topic, perhaps TM are just floating a few rumours this close to Christmas so that people go "**** I want one before they go for good, I had better ask for one for Christmas". At least if it does go it will end the people that get them and TaQ them, which is almost as bad as owning an Armalite.

wow, who'd have thought one post could ge tme so hated? schveet!

anyway, back on topic i think its a real shame, after such great games like counter strike and golden eye, this truly fantasmic weapon. and who can argue with a 50 round clip in real life?

on a darker note, to all those people who flamed me, thanks! yo really made my day. and yes, i have very strong anti american views, its mainyl due to the fact that the "american in me" was surgically removed by my monkey pet.

or playing vietcong too much....

....must....kill.......americans.............mmmm, degtarev

shame, great gun.

Back on topic, perhaps TM are just floating a few rumours this close to Christmas so that people go "**** I want one before they go for good, I had better ask for one for Christmas".  At least if it does go it will end the people that get them and TaQ them, which is almost as bad as owning an Armalite.

I doubt it.

Better get my comments in quick then...

Remeber kids, in ther military your gear is provided by the government, meaning, by the lowest bidder.
now i wish with all my heart that the UK and the US would start to use a real mans guns, like the G36, and the proper decent rifles.

Also remember that governments, or at least the bigger ones, like to produce their own guns. Hence they arent dependant on a foreign country/company for a part of their national security, which is why they also make their own tanks, planes, ammo etc.

I mean you look at some of the crappy stuff countries use, but it makes sense strategically. But yes, they should take lessons from the better models of equipment out there.

I've no dislike of the M16/M4s intrinsically, but they arent meant to be the most reliable of guns, and i dont want to be styled with american stuff. Just like a Range Rover is probably a fine car, but i dont want one myself. Each to his own i say, and i do think the P90 added something different to the mix, and gave an option for a very unique and modern looking gun - so i think its a loss to the community if it goes forever.

Renegade Recon claims it's a false alarm.

I find it slightly ironic that RR can simply state that the P90 has not been discontinued and then offer no source for the information or evidence to back up their position.

The ironic part being that in a previous thread RR insist that they are NOT affiliated with TM in any way, shape or form.

Having said that, it's pretty difficult to prove something isn't happening. My money is still on TM having just suspended P90 production in order to concentrate on supplying M4-Ss to all the Armalite fanboys.

As I said before, it'd be the maddest thing in the world for TM to have produced the P90 as a limited edition and then not told anybody. Even now, if they had decided to halt production you'd think they'd announce it.Announcing it would achieve 2 related things:-

1) Force people to panic-buy any remaining guns.

2) Clear P90s from retailer supplies, making way for new models.

Both of these things would be good for TM and for retailers. To be honest, if there was even a flicker of truth in this, you'd think AD and co would be posting "Get yours just in case..." news items on their websites.

Posted a thread on the ASCUK AD forum. Got a reply and an email from them.

They reckon that the P90 is still on the wholesalers purchase list. They also pointed out that, by comparison, guns that really are out of production, such as the CAR15, older SIGs and G3s, do get deleted from the purchase list pretty sharpish. Apparently they are aware, however, that P90 orders will be delayed.

I also spoke the guy I know from another leading airsoft shop. He just said "I already told you, the mold for the P90 is f*cked so they can't make 'em."

So, the P90 definately IS still on TMs books. As long as this is the case, I can almost forgive them for knocking out yet another Armalite.

• 7 months later...

TR is still available only the P90 standard with the integrated scope is not.

If you notice...all TM scoped AEG's are not produced due to the issue with the scope.

P90, AUG Mil, MP5RAS...they are addressing issue with them and only TM insiders know what will really become of these AEG's.

TR is still available only the P90 standard with the integrated scope is not.

If you notice...all TM scoped AEG's are not produced due to the issue with the scope. 

P90, AUG Mil, MP5RAS...they are addressing issue with them and only TM insiders know what will really become of these AEG's.

you mean the scope molds or the scopes design...such as the inside?

As I know....AUG Mil. scop sucked....but I haven't heard of the other ones being that bad...were they?

~P

Archived