Pictures of your weapon

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Titleist: Convincing people to spend their money on expensive things since 2004.

Well, I kinda tipped you into getting the Mk43 E4...

(Congratulations, you've won a place on my signature!)

MajorPain, did the Docter optic come with the Trijicon NSN Scope? I recently heard about an article saying that the new policy for NSNs was in effect from Trijicon...

Edited by Agent47

Well you didn't tip me into the Mk43, it's just that once I knew someone else was doing one I said to myself, "47 is getting one, so it MUST be good." hehe.

Well as for ACOG, my money says it's an TA01 that Maj.Pain added the DOCTOR to himself. Trijicon does NOT offer a TA01 with a doctor in that style, their scope includes the protective wings on the side like the J-Point mounts (which Triji ripped off from J-Point, bastards). So unless I see otherwise all signs point to it being a user combined scope rather than TA01.DOC. They also offer a TA31.DOC, which is a TA31 but with the DR sight on the back.

Sorry if that's confusing, simply put if it was a straight from the factory TA01+DOC it would have the wings. It doesn't so it's therefore an aftermarket upgrade.

USMC SAM-R

best SAM-R replica yet, except I think the flip up sights your using are the wrong kind, not sure. I think some OD magpul stlye pannels would be sweet though too. Anyway great work, how much was it all together? and how does she shoot?

Edited by trfo2o
yup titleist said it right. i just added the docter to my TA01. used daniel defense docter/acog interface mount. trijicon's TA01NSN-DOC has wing/side protectors like said.

Interesting, since I just found this on the Trijicon Website:

TA01NSN_DOCweb.jpg

TRIJICON IMPROVES BATTLE-TESTED SIGHTING SYSTEM

Trijicon, Inc., the world leader in the development of Brilliant Aiming Solutions™ for the military, law enforcement and hunting markets, is proud to announce that the Trijicon ACOG 4x32 model TAO1NSN, the unit used by many U.S. Special Forces, is now available with the Docter Optic Red dot sight, giving users of this proven tactical sight even greater flexibility and CQB (close quarter battle) ability.

The TA01NSN-DOC combines the technology of the battle-tested Trijicon ACOG (4x32) gun sight with the Docter Optic 7.0 MOA Red Dot sight. This provides the shooter the option of quick acquisition close range sighting with the Docter Sight and the precision for longer range shooting with the Trijicon ACOG 4x32. This ability to adjust to tactical situations gives the user the needed edge when lives are on the line and success is the only acceptable outcome.

The Trijicon ACOG TA01NSN-DOC is an internally adjustable telescopic sight with an illuminated reticle powered by Trijicon’s tritium-based technology. This reticle is designed to hold zero under the most extreme conditions and present a bright aiming point in all low and no light lighting conditions.

With the field-proven Docter Optic 1x red dot sight mounted on top of the Trijicon ACOG TA01NSN-DOC, this innovative sighting system provides the user with lightning-fast target acquisition while allowing for excellent situational awareness. “Trijicon is proud to supply the U.S. Special Operations teams with the Trijicon TA01 ACOG 4x32 for over 10 years — our collaborative work with SOCOM has yielded this improvement in the CQB capabilities of the ACOG,” says Tom Munson, Director or Sales and Marketing for Trijicon. “The overall “point and shoot” characteristics of this all-in-one gun-sight ensures that it will be the optic of choice for many tactical shooters, and it’s as always an honor to contribute to the safety and accuracy of those serving to protect our country.”

Linkage

Interesting, since I just found this on the Trijicon Website:

Linkage

Hmm, didn't we already answer this question, Agent? TA01-DOC's come with the wings, aftermarket combinations do not. The wings are ripped off from JPoint mount, which had the wings, a la the setup on mine. However that's the trend in the firearms industry, rip everyone off.

Hmm, didn't we already answer this question, Agent? TA01-DOC's come with the wings, aftermarket combinations do not. The wings are ripped off from JPoint mount, which had the wings, a la the setup on mine. However that's the trend in the firearms industry, rip everyone off.

oy...nevermind. :flamed::headbutt:

laurencexia,

HOORAY! I love it. Trying to get my friend to convert his 16 to that as it's so close already. Beautiful rifle!

love that troy mrf 10-incher majPain!!!

i cant wait to put my gun side-by-side with yours...I just received the killflashe for my acog! civvvy guns baby!!!

85930094-L.jpg

best SAM-R replica yet, except I think the flip up sights your using are the wrong kind, not sure.  I think some OD magpul stlye pannels would be sweet though too.  Anyway great work, how much was it all together? and how does she shoot?

thanks, actually i wasnt going for SAM-R. i was trying to replicate troy industries' CQBSPC556t. except the real ones has vltor buttsotck and tango down grip and vert grip.im trying to lean towards building "civy" guns now. the kind you find on forums like ar15.com and such.anyways, i always try to clock my guns to 390-400 coz thats usually the limit in rifles around our area.and how much was it all together?.....you my friend are sounding like my wife :waggle: j/k :D

thanks to all who liked it too :)

As seen in two other threads:

n208102037_30445726_1621.jpg

Yes, I painted my rifle :blink:

TM M16A2 with:

SR-16 receiver

CA M15A4C stock & carry handle

SR-16 RIS & front barrel assembly

Spec-Ops magazine pouch (battery pouch)

Prometheus M4A1 tight bore

*EDIT* - TM vertical grip

It's not very accurate (it's 4-5 years old), but does well with my drum magazine.

*EDIT #2* - Don't mind the flash hider. I just screwed it on and didn't bother messing with the set screw to make it "perfect" :)

Edited by SgtBojangles