Pictures of your Gear

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did it again--wrong thread, will flesh this post out when I rectify.

edit: Bunny, this new loadout is very militia-esque. I agree with the boots comment though--a decent pair of jungle boots would do wonders to sell the look.

All in all, the solid color jacket over the woodland pants with the chinese ak vest visually works, I think. These days, I'm really seeing the value in simple loadouts, although my current one wouldn't say the same.

Even though there are much better options in terms of footwear, I bought a pair of $29 dollar jungle boots at a surplus store on a whim that have actually turned out to be pretty solid. With good thick socks, they seem to suit my feet fine. I would like to get some propper boots soon, just because I'm sure I'll feel the difference immediately, but for now, these work plenty well and offer a lot more heal support and durability then any of my everyday footwears. Just saying you can get decent stuff for pretty cheap, if you decide to go with some propper footwear.

The aged AK looks great with the loadout. Still very impressed with how that turned out. Look after that underfolder stock, though. They are not long for this world.

Steve

Edited by NegativeCambre

In response to the boots: I have Jungle boots but I chose not to where them because how often do you see a militia/rebal guy in combat boots? They seem to suit the un professionalness of the loadout better than jungle/combat boots. The funny part is, the stock is already broken. Except it still locks when you turn it selector side up. But when you turn it to the other side it doesn't lock. Kinda funky. Oh well, thanks for the kind words about my loadout (for once). I'll get to try it out on Sunday.

Well, you said European rebel, and that made me think IRA--which in turn made me think that you should be wearing combat boots.

If you want the thrown-together look, ditch the BDU's, and get yourself some terrible eastern european shoes. Hiking boots are too chique... :)

Steve

Edited by NegativeCambre

Greenside = Recon ops. (Woodland, desert, anywhere. You don't really plan on getting shot at.)

Blackside = Direct action ops. (Street fighting, cave clearing, hostage rescue, anything where you are expecting to be shot at.)

Blackside load outs tend to have more kit in the first and second lines (belt loaded with ammo, pistol, vest loaded with ammo, plates, &c.) while greenside load outs tend to have almost all of the kit in the third line (everything you need to survive for a long trek in the wilderness and the largest threat isn't a bear but hostile people). Blackside load outs are also designed around having everything you need available in the smallest period of time possible, as well as providing additional protection against shrapnel and enemy bullets, while greenside is built around comfort and the only protection you're really calling on is concealment and camouflage.

i dont understand why people have theyre arm sticking out like that when they aim, ive found it to be alot more practical and accurate when your elbow is close to you ribs, plus thats how they teach you to aim in the military anyways.

It depends on situation. Naturally, when you hold the grip to aim the gun, your arm falls in the chicken wing angle. When you tuck in your arm, extra muscles are involved. Of course, you won't be doing chicken wing in a CQB situation. Out in the open, I wouldn't care much.

When you've got the room, extending your arm like that helps a bit when you're firing something with a good bit of recoil (7.62/.308, .303, .30 '06 etc). Tucking your arm in is just more practical, gives you a smaller profile, and doesn't really make a difference when you're shooting small caliber ammunition.