Pictures of your Gear

thomasw, that's a nice load-out, thou it has the issues already mentioned, so I won't remind about them anymore.

One thing that bothers me is the way you wear your hat. I mean your hair sticking out on your forehead. Is this your style or just haven't thought about it?

You know those überstylish modern fashion guys out there, those a bit gay-ish ones? They wear their hats just like that.

Edited by Ghoosti
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One thing that bothers me is the way you wear your hat. I mean your hair sticking out on your forehead. Is this your style or just haven't thought about it?

You know those überstylish modern fashion guys out there, those a bit gay-ish ones? They wear their hats just like that.

Maybe he just has too much hair and so it has to stick out like that, Ive seen him say he wants to join the Army a fair few times so maybe hes just enjoying his hair while hes still allowed to have it.

Well, I've seen it, no matter how much you have hair doesn't make it impossible to tuck away the hair on your forehead. And trust me, thomasws hair is far away from the worst I've seen..

But anyhow, I didn't mean to be offensive by any means, if ya got me wrong. Do as you see fit, we are here only to judge & condemn you. :)

Edited by Ghoosti

http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n51/mgy...hgfhgfhjgf1.jpg

Proud plate carrier:

.Black hawk triple mag pouch

.pround Admin pouch

.proud upright gp pouch

.hydration pouch

.replica plates

http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n51/mgy...gfhgfhjgf11.jpg

Warrior Assault Systems recon chest rig

.x2 Double M4 pouches

.bulle triple m4 pouch

.Admin Pouch

.Utility Pouch

Red bull as a joke, I'm carrying a 2.5L bladder in there. (I filled it up today, and loaded up...the vest does not sag at all with the weight balanced out in the back.) That problem is now fixed. I don't think I'm going to have too much extra stuff on my loadout. I'm only carrying 2 mre's. I'm eaving a 3rd mre and a gallon of water back at my tent, I'll probably refill and restock before the night begins.

My hair comes down past my eyebrows, but kinda swoops to the side to stay out of the way. It just kind of rests on top of my shooting glasses, sorta annoying but not that big of an issue. In 2 weeks when school is out I'm shaving it for added milsim. :-D

100_1465.jpg

New gear in, and it sure does rock.

There sure is no joy like that of preparing for an Op....and the stress of getting stuff at the last minute, haha. The grand total weight of everything is going to be close to 40lbs, including rifle, boots, sidearm etc. How the hell do you get a 100lb loadout? Not that I really want to, but 40 is as high as I can get.

Just a quick suggestion thomasw, try smart water in your hydro pack. It has electrolytes or something in it... anyway my roommate and I drank that at the last game and I didn't get tired at all, running up and down hills all day. :P Sounds like a fun OP btw.

That or (this may be the same stuff) hydrogels, you can get them from outdoor stores and you mix them with water which aid in rehydrating you and give you energy, plus they come in flavours so will take the water taste away.

Not sure about putting one on a hydrobladder though as might be hard to wash out (unless you mind) but perfect for a canteen where you can wash it out a few times easily.

I am just going to try to drink as much water as I can starting tomorrow. I always carry a nalgene with me to school, and can almost drink 1 a day. Thursday and Friday are going to be turbo-hydration day. Hopefully I won't need to drink much water at all duringg the game. And I hope some of my MRE's have the amazing orange gatoraid powder in them....ballin!

i don't think it works that way, you can't just bank water. you'll feel bloated and get cramps. it's easier to just keep water with you and just sip it regularly. that's what i have to do at swim meets cause you're in the water and you don't feel sweaty or anything and also because you lose a lot of energy by sitting in the sun before your heat is up.

Acutally, hydrating before bigger, longer ops a couple days in advance will keep you better hydrated come game time. You'll still have to drink during the game, but it won't be near as much as if you haven't hydrated yourself prior to the event.

Yep, true stuff. You need to be urinating frequently, and it needs to be real clear. That means you are hydrated. It is hard to hydrate enough before, you could always drink more water. You just have to force it.

I love my rig's internal bladder pouch, keeping the water right against my back keeps me way cool....espiecally when I put a lot of ice in it.

Yea a teammate of mine in ROTC at clemson told me that. I just like cold water on a hot day. It ends up mild after a few hours anyways, it keeps you cool just a liiiittle bit longer. Long enough to make the back of your shirt nice and cold.

Some of my PMC kit for an upcoming OP.

pmc_gear_1.jpg

pmc_gear_2.jpg

pmc_gear_3.jpg

I've got an admin pouch on order along with a hydration rig and the belt will be replaced as well but it's getting there. I also need an additional double M4 shingle and a couple of GP pouches. Starting to feel like I'm nearing completion though (haha).

It never stops ;)

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher