• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The RFI CONEX container should finally be comming back this weekend. I'l be grabbing myself a ton of tricolor pouches and my buddy is giving me his chest rig. Next months drill weekend I'l have even better gear :)

-I dont take any of the ACU pouches/gear since I want all the guys leaving next month to have what they need, so for now I'm just taking the outdated tricolor stuff. On the plus side we are all getting helmet insignia and new helmet bands :) -

Hehe, your work uniform beats Light Fighters by a little bit. I guess you must be active? 101st, awesome man. Where are you stationed?

nah i was with em in iraq, im in an Engineering unit in Germany, thats why i blurred out my unit patch

and lightfighter they are the Land OPS by ESS

Edited by medic23
Stuck in Germany...sounds boring. I'd rather be stuck in Iraq. I hope I never get shipped off to some place to waste time when I'm in service.

Oh yes, because we all know that if your not shooting at something your wasting time. Hope you lose a limb or get maimed by an IED wouldnt want you being bored now and wasting time :rolleyes: .

Do you even think before you post?

Did you think before you posted wishing someone would be maimed by an IED? Hardly being nice, as per forum rules is it? Take this as a public warning - no matter how tongue in cheek that was, don't post remarks like that again.

Now, back to airsoft related ACU pics please.

Well I wouldve thought the emoticon at the end and the sentence preceeding that would have been enough to demonstrate that I was being sarcastic. I guess not, so I retract that statement.

Let me paraphrase for Thomasw,

Are you serious? Are you honestly telling me that you'd like to spend all your time in a combatzone where all the "action" is seeing colleague's or enemies being killed? If so then I suggest you go see a Doctor, pretty sure most service men and women don't join the forces for that reason alone. [/End]

From TA2

DSC00335aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

Picture_076waaaaaaaa.jpg

Jaime C its Phoenix Urban. It scored top marks in Airsoft International Magazine, its 1 hell of an awesome site and its huge. old factories warehouses small office blocks, (the embassy was burnt down by vandals but apparently was its main feature) but even with out the embassy the site is still 1 hell of an amazing site.

Grim

An Infantryman's job is to fight, soldiers are trained to kill, thats the big part of war, killing. There's other jobs in the army if you don't want to be in the action. A friend of mine has served two tours in Iraq, infantry, and no matter what he can't land a 3rd tour. So now he has to go to Korea. If someone wants to fight, let 'em fight.

There's a difference between being trained for something and wanting to do something. Frankly I refuse to believe that all infantrymen (or any combat trained regiment's) sign up for the sole reason that they want to fight and go to war.

It is the same analogy as martial arts, you learn it in the hope that you never have to use it unless forced to.

Stuck in Germany...sounds boring. I'd rather be stuck in Iraq. I hope I never get shipped off to some place to waste time when I'm in service.

I'm no army man but currently I'm working on the policy side of the US Army. I'd just like to remind you that approximately 1/4 of our soldiers in Iraq are coming back with PTSD. Most join with gung-ho attitudes, but war is war and sometimes it affects even the most mentally strong among us. Even some of the toughest soldiers coming back have recurring nightmares and can't socially interact in large crowds. That's what the constant presence of death does to people.

I'm currently working on a rather large project on Veterans Affairs, and in talking to most soldiers back from Iraq, there really is no sense of heroism to be gained for working in an active warzone. Most just slog through Iraq, thinking only about surviving another day. Most come back just desperate to once again be a normal guy. Just keep that in mind when you post stuff about wanting to be in Iraq or it's "wasted time."

An Infantryman's job is to fight, soldiers are trained to kill, thats the big part of war, killing. There's other jobs in the army if you don't want to be in the action. A friend of mine has served two tours in Iraq, infantry, and no matter what he can't land a 3rd tour. So now he has to go to Korea. If someone wants to fight, let 'em fight.

stop now before the hole you are digging gets deeper.

I wouldnt say that anyone joining the Army just to go be a trigger puller is mentally unstable. I've known plenty of guys that went 11XRay just to go kick in doors. Im sorry, but if one contracts as an 11X and doesnt expect to see combat then that person is flat out retarded. The other Infantry guys in my unit are just waiting to go back over.

Annnnnnnywayyyyy.....lets see some more ACU pictures.

Yes, please. Go back to the pictures. Or atleast talk about ACU.

I should have some now pictures of my ACU loadout sometime this week. The pictures I promised have gotten postponed due to lack of boots. Mainly because my old pair where FAR to large for me and I had to send them back for a pair that fit.

Has anyone else noticed a difference in color in ACU's. I bought a pair of pants and jacket separately both were supposedly official issue. But the pants have a tan brownish tint to them as oppose the lighter jacket. I was wondering has anyone else noticed this? In certain lighting it makes a big difference.

Well, the only difference I've ever seen with ACU's is between "Mk1" and "Mk2". I put them like that because there was never a real Mk1 or Mk2, just slight color updates. "Mk1"s had a very blue/grey tint to it. "Mk2"s are more of a tan/grey tint. Please keep in mind this is as far as I know to the differences.

Examples:

Mk1

XM110_SASS.jpg

Mk2

Pfc_Timothy_BramhallImage7.jpg

Edited by Sarge133

Ok, that wasnt the best picture for that example. How about this? Just about the same.

Army_OTV_800p2_070330.jpg

If someone comes out with an airsoft replica of this or finds one of these on ebay I will love them forever. I love the new I-OTV.

Edited by Sarge133