They look awful!

Where does it say they are ballistic rated? They look like seaside cheapos.

ACU camo military style polarized sunglasses with high impact frames are similar to the ones issued to our troops serving in Iraq. ANSI Approved.

Right in the description

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look awful!

Where does it say they are ballistic rated? They look like seaside cheapos.

They're less than $8... so yeah... they can pass for seaside cheapos.

ECRRMule, even though they say the are ANSI rated... I wouldn't trust it to protect your eyes. There are different ANSI ratings after all. Something that is ANSI rated, simply means that the item in question went to the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and was rated for various measurable conditions one of which might include ballistic protection. Just because it was ANSI rated doesn't mean that it's rated at a level that is passable for airsoft use or mil-spec ballistic protection. Simply that it was given a rating of some sort. You could get a paper cup ANSI rated if you want. Doesn't mean you would glue those to your face and call your eyes "protected". :P

I believe you want eye protection that is rated ANSI Z87.1 or above like ESS goggles are. (But don't hold me to that, educate thy self!). ;)

I would certinally never touch those to my face for the record. I didn't figure any of you would consider me to be serious about that. Hence the freaked out face.

I do not sell nor endorse those as a valid mode of eye protection, nor do I endorse any eyewear that are not full-seal for protecting your eyes in airsoft.

As for ANSI rating, very well, I stand corrected. :)

...They're less than $8... so yeah... they can pass for seaside cheapos....

You can pick up Bolle Silium's for around that price and they are more than enough for airsoft use :),

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bolle-Silium-Safety-Su...1QQcmdZViewItem

bah, my ebay link fu is weak

Edited by tangman

Hey guys i recently saw a video adressed to US army personnell on the US army's website and it said that soldiers can now wear the cold weather boot instead of Tan desert boots in places like alaska and cold european countries and so on. MY question is: what boots do U.S. Soldiers acctually wear, i have seen them with the Altama 8" boots and one soldier wearing meindl Desert Foxes.