Armalite Pictures

Its not really a quality control thing its just the way they are designed, and IMO G&P are by far the best armalite bodies  :D The gap doesnt show in real life on my rifles, its just the flash ... however I have coloured the gearbox casing in black now so should be even harder to see  :D Ill get some new pics in the morning.

Yes the original ar15 + m16 are lovely, classics - no bolt on ######  :D

I have to disagree w/u there! :)

SOME G&P bodies fit perfectly - I just put together an SPR kit and it was fine. Too often, there is a gap. Sometimes it appear on one side only, sometime both, some don't fit at all (althought this only happened once). I would still recommend you tape it; internals, even the outside shell of the gear box, should be kept very clean. If your seams are not right, debris can eventually find it's way into the hop, nozzle, selector, etc.

The other problems I have seen are mis-aligned pin holes. I have NEVER seen a G&P set that had all the pin holes correct. Guarder, Systema, Zeke, and Hurricane do NOT have this problem.

The other major flaw in G&P is the selector. In auto and safe, more often than not, the selector will not click into place. A lot of fine tuning is needed around the openings and edges to make it work.

Again, a lot of is details that I worry about; we pay a lot of cash to make the replicas look as real as possible. The gun still works but it's upsetting to see. The only metal body I recommend for a first metal body is zeke. 1st generation zeke bodies used a very brittle alumunium, so try to avoid those (these had no colt logo, were us gov't marked, with CCIT trades). Unfortunately, they are bit more expensive and occassionally tough to find. They make a better variation of trades and can be put together VERY easily. Systema and Guarder are also high quality bodies. Not as easy to assemble as a zeke, but still very good quality. I don't handle Hurricane bodies all that much, but they look good too. Finally, I've seen guys say they have zeke bodies but they clearly are not...there are ways to tell, so if someone is selling one and the deal is too good to be true...

Edited by LeMongelo
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having only had these two I will have to say you are in a better position to say about the gap in the upper/lower. Mine really arent noticable in person and Im very happy with them, the flash makes it look so bad :blink: was bugging me so much I shoped the first pic :D

Edited by M^tt
Having only had these two I will have to say you are in a better position to say about the gap in the upper/lower. Mine really arent noticable in person and Im very happy with them, the flash makes it look so bad :blink: was bugging me so much I shoped the first pic  :D

Don't get me wrong, your rifles look great! :)

The flash def made it look worse than it is...trust me, I've seen much much worse from the folks at G&P. It takes a lot of time and practice to put together a good AR and your set definitely looks like a lot of effort went into it. Just be cautious when playing outdoors and have fun!

Masterkey_r.jpg

AIM M4A1 with CA frontend and ICS stock.

UTG M87SA with sawn off back and slightly shortened front, need to make something to hold the front together as tape doesn't look great.

Feels horridly front heavy, might have to weigh the stock down with something.

More recce guns, it will never stop

Troy Silencer to Come and some Flip up sights too

DSCF1022.jpg

DSCF1021.jpg

-Internaly

G&P 7mm box with full systema internals m1*0 spring

-Externally

Prime Crane With 9.6v 3800

Hurricane Colt metal body

Systema motor and G&P grip

G&P 14.5in barrel

Troy MRF-RX 13.5" RAS

New flashidder and Silencer to come

~Mercy

More recce guns, it will never stop

Troy Silencer to Come and some Flip up sights too

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/XNo...ce/DSCF1022.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/XNo...ce/DSCF1021.jpg

-Internaly

G&P 7mm box with full systema internals m1*0 spring

-Externally

Prime Crane With 9.6v 3800

Hurricane Colt metal body

Systema motor and G&P grip

G&P 14.5in barrel

Troy MRF-RX 13.5" RAS

New flashidder and Silencer to come

~Mercy

Freaking awesome

+1

How hard was it to mount the real steal RAS?

easy, Just needed to Dremel/ file the 4 tabs on the RAS, they go around the side of the metal body, but airsoft is wider so you need to take the tabs smaller

then i just put the top ras on, bolted the bottom cover over the G&P barrel nut, and Slid the bottom ras on..

easy took about 15 min

NM

:cough: :cough: far from perfect, but... I guess it kinda shows custom engraving is no big deal. I just traced it first in pencil and then had my way with a sharp precision screwdriver... (CA aluminum receiver)

dsc0015dv7.jpg

I always wanted to do this. I have the tools and everything, but I think doing the Colt pony and all the text will be nearly impossible to freehand.