Airsoft International magazine

Arghoslent93

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I havent read this topic but heres an impartial opinion:

Positive:

The entire thing looks pretty pro. Maybe there are a lot of ads (yeh, there are!) but I dont mind that as part of why I bought it is to find new suppliers. The site review was pretty honest, the TM MP7 review was very in depth and I learned a few things from the pistol maintenance article. Good photography in the reviews etc. Although loadouts are personal, I found the advice in the future soldier loadout article interesting. Im not interested in that loadout per se, but Im sure it will help out those who are.

Negative:

I dont see the point in the Toy Soldiers thing. I dont know who told them that 1/6th soldier modelling is popular (probably someones kid brother) and Im not against it as a hobby...but it doesnt belong in an airsoft mag. Poor grammar in some sections...and therefore poor proofreading. £4 is a lot of money for a very thin mag that is, effectively, like a Buy N Mart - adverts with some editorial to stop you falling asleep while reading.

Apart from Mr Monaf's general bad reaction to criticism (which I am not holding against his mag at all), I think its a good magazine. Its glossy and is likely to attract new players which is just where I think it is (currently) pegged. Maybe in later editions itll get more indepth for us experienced players as theres only so many "This is how to start airsofting" articles one can do. In WHS, Newc-Under-Lyme, it was sitting right next to Airgunner World (or something) so is well placed to get the target audience. It was a little tricky to find though...made sense that it was under Hobbies once Id found it, but only after looking in Entertainment then Sport :P

And lets face it...we are a finicky bunch arent we? You cant please all the people all the time...and hopefully this will gel to please at least most of the people :)

meadowhall wh smiths has it in stock but its tucked away on the back shelf of the shooting section.

it does look like its improved slightly but it also seems to be aimed more at the new players now instead of the regular players.

i think it could do with more reviews and less spam like the hicaps or lowcaps bit and the 1/6th toys, if i wanted to read about toy soldiers i'd buy an action man magazine.

it does look like its improved slightly but it also seems to be aimed more at the new players now instead of the regular players.

It would be difficult to improve when all bar 8 pages are old articles. Looks like we have all paid for a compelation mag.

Oh and Glocuester has never heard of this magazine.

Speak to the Magazine Manager in the store then. The people behind the tills dont seem to know that much.....

It would be difficult to improve when all bar 8 pages are old articles. Looks like we have all paid for a compelation mag

Bit of an exageration there methinks......

I dont see the point in the Toy Soldiers thing.  I dont know who told them that 1/6th soldier modelling is popular (probably someones kid brother) and Im not against it as a hobby...but it doesnt belong in an airsoft mag. 

TOTALLY agree! Another area for improvement is LESS of a bias towards US Army impressions! If I see another cover or major article that features ACU or Multicam + M4s and US web gear I'm going to be sick. :wide-eyed:

Seriously - what's the point of featuring Crye's Multicam Combat Pants and Shirt when they are prohibitively expensive at list price (too say nothing of what you'll eventually shell out by the time you import them!), and they never seem to have any in stock anyways!

Archived